Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain why in the UK some media and tabloids have blurred out WC's wife's face and others show it?

Shouldn't your identity be protected until you're charged with something?

Reminds of when Joanna Yates was murdered and they plastered that innocent landlord's face everywhere, didn't sit right with me then.

I really can’t stop thinking about how on earth such a horrific thing has happened to poor Sarah.

I cant see how it could have happened as a result of them knowing each other. If they did (and IMO they didn’t) then it would either have had to have been a planned meet up or a chance encounter. Knowing Poynders road particularly well, it is not a place you would arrange to meet - it’s a busy main road where you’re not allowed to stop. So the only other alternative (in my mind but ideas welcome) is that he accidentally on purpose ‘bumps into her’ and offers a lift etc - but for a start how would he know exactly when she would have been there or that she would have even been taking that route home? Even if he was lurking/waiting for her - he would have had to have been pretty sure she would be where he was? If he had just been driving past and recognised her then that is too big a coincidence in my book - I’m not sure I would recognise many of my friends/acquaintances in the dark from the back with them wearing a hat/jacket/hood up(? - it was raining) as I was driving past?

Which in my mind just leaves the opportunistic option - he’s either forcibly got her in the car or tricked her. The report from Court today confirming the CCTV saw the front two car doors open has thrown me as I previously thought the most likely option was that she was taken by force, even though this still seems difficult to imagine given the busy road etc, but I couldn’t see how she would have been convinced by him to get in the car.

Even if he has convinced her to get in the front passenger seat for some reason, he has then had to convince her to hand over her phone/turn it off and he has been able to subdue her whilst driving?

Sorry lots of questions here and but these are all the questions that keep going around and around in circles in my head. Horrible to think that Sarah’s family and friends may never get the answers - unless it’s on CCTV or WC tells the truth, we will never know.

The anger and desire for revenge are understandable though. This rage towards the police for not taking women’s safety seriously has peaked with Sarah’s death. If they’d apprehended WC for indecent exposure then maybe he wouldn’t have done what he did to Sarah. I’m sure her family and friends are distraught about what happened at the vigil - when I was there it was peaceful, everyone wore masks and distanced, laid their flowers and lit a candle. I left before things got unseemly. There is a deep anger among women in London that a police officer killed a woman and had a history of lewd behaviour but it took a murder to arrest him. It makes women scared of police officers.

What’s not conducive to good relations between the police and the public is the way the police behaves towards everyone, the racism, the misogyny, the boys will be boys attitude. It’s vile and the relationship between the police and the public in London has been weak for a long time even before Sarah.
I actually disagree with all your post, but respect your right to post it. The part BBM is factually inaccurate. You cannot know this for sure.

I think it can be awkward to be out walking with these covid regulations though, I wouldn't be surprised if a police officer stopped me and asked about it. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like it but it's law and stuff, I'm personally not super sure on the law myself and I doubt many of us are
I also think her past experience with police may come into play with this sort of stuff. Student town police are usually very approachable, and I could see that leaving a lasting impression on someone

It can be awkward when walking in groups perhaps, but there has never been a rule that you can't walk alone outside for exercise. She was also in excercise-like clothing.

I keep wondering if I would get in a policeman’s car if he showed me a warrant card. Id like to think in the back of my mind I’d know that a lone policeman wouldn’t ask you into car but would take details and ask you to report to a police station as soon as reasonably possible but in the time it would take me to get over my confusion and think that through, it could well be too late. I don’t think we’ll ever know but the Met might be advised to publicise and issue some guidance on the issue.

How the hell is walking on a street at 9:30pm a legitimate reason to stop someone? Covid or not?
A real police car drove past moments before she was allegedly kidnapped. Again, I don't think real police would stop to harass a woman walking alone at night, they know it would freak her out.

ETA,: I think SE would know this, she was mature and responsible.

I actually disagree with all your post, but respect your right to post it. The part BBM is factually inaccurate. You cannot know this for sure.

That’s why I said maybe, I wasn’t definitive about it. I can’t know what was going on in his head but what I do know is that the police need to take things more seriously. They’ve already been criticised in the past year for telling rape victims to drop charges because the juries would never believe them in court. Even the government pulled them up on the severe decrease in rape prosecutions and the reasons for it.

how exactly would Sarah know he was off duty if he showed her his badge?

Did he have a sign saying “ he was off duty”?

you don’t know he didn’t park up and then asked to speak to her showing her his badge as we have heard zero evidence of any kind of a struggle or screams or any indication that she didn’t get in his car willingly that night.

so if she did get in his car willingly then you have to ask how did he manage to get a complete stranger in his car without a struggle!!

IMO

Somebody posted the charge sheet earlier, read out in court and quoted by the media who were there today, in which it said Sarah was kidnapped "by force," i.e. not by fraud. Does anybody have the link to that? That would seem to definitively rule out any talk of WC using Covid-rules, broken down car, asking to use her phone, etc etc etc, and point to him physically just forcing her into the car.

What's pissed me off is some of these women dressed it up as "Sarah's vigil" when in fact it was just an excuse to attack men/police. I'm pretty sure Sarah would be mortified to have a name put to this event tonight. The media is equally to blame.

Totally inappropriate.
Far too soon.
Not thought through.
Probably made things even worse.
Slow hand clap....

I agree about the press encouraging it and being conveniently there to snap the right pictures for their agenda.

Not at all, unlimited exercise is fine and around here at 9.30pm plenty of folk still out jogging, walking dogs or just walking.

As is returning from work. There's a large teaching hospital three stops down on the tube from Clapham South (ironically the one where MSM reports say WC was treated) and hospital staff go on and off shift at all sorts of times

how exactly would Sarah know he was off duty if he showed her his badge?

Did he have a sign saying “ he was off duty”?

you don’t know he didn’t park up and then asked to speak to her showing her his badge as we have heard zero evidence of any kind of a struggle or screams or any indication that she didn’t get in his car willingly that night.

so if she did get in his car willingly then you have to ask how did he manage to get a complete stranger in his car without a struggle!!

IMO

BBM - that's exactly what we're all theorising about but as he was off duty he wasn't pulling her over, it's a semantic issue maybe but whatever he did it couldn't be described by a term that applies to on duty officers

I suggest we agree to differ though :)

Somebody posted the charge sheet earlier, read out in court and quoted by the media who were there today, in which it said Sarah was kidnapped "by force," i.e. not by fraud. Does anybody have the link to that? That would seem to definitively rule out any talk of WC using Covid-rules, broken down car, asking to use her phone, etc etc etc, and point to him physically just forcing her into the car.

Thank you if you have that handy as I only two the two front doors open which would go towards my theory that she got in willingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa