TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me even more convinced that the perp. was well known by at least one of the girls.

MOO...I don't believe he (California Jacket Guy) was the killer, but his presence with the girls that day may have started the "wheels turning" in their disappearance.

edited for clarification

Last edited:
I agree 100%.
Within one day you went from not knowing about California jacket guy to being 100% in agreement that his presence with the girls that day was a catalyst???? interesting....

Within one day you went from not knowing about California jacket guy to being 100% in agreement that his presence with the girls that day was a catalyst???? interesting....

Yeah, I read up some more on the case, mainly from previous threads on this site ( I had a lot of free time lately).

I also listened to some good podcasts.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read up some more on the case, mainly from previous threads on this site ( I had a lot of free time lately).

I also listened to some good podcasts.
I hope you listened to Gone Cold. Hands down it is the closest to accurate. They did years worth of research and it will give you the best perspective of this case. There is a LOT of false information out there. Always glad to see new interests.

I hope you listened to Gone Cold. Hands down it is the closest to accurate. They did years worth of research and it will give you the best perspective of this case. There is a LOT of false information out there. Always glad to see new interests.

Yes, the Gone Cold series was very good !!

I didn't like the True Crime Garage one as much. They focussed too much on the 'runaway' letter and the postmark/cancelled stamp too much. I think the letter and envelope are two separate pieces of evidence. They did not explore other possibilities with that, IIRC.

I also felt that one of the hosts on the podcast was disengaged and was sleepwalking through both episodes. I guess he is an acquired taste.

The Die-alogue podcast was very good also ;-). Some good theories there !!

I had a listen to the 'Nancy Grace' podcast on this case.

Apologies if this was already mentioned earlier in the thread, but if I heard correctly Richard Wilson stated that FWPD told him they knew who the killer was, but no matter how many polygraphs they gave him, he would pass, as he was a psychopath !!

I agree with all of that and I too feel jealousy and rage is what is behind the murders. If the sister you mentioned in Post 62 is who I believe she is...well, I believe she knows exactly what happened and what was done with the bodies.
Like you, I am convinced that Tommy killed Rachel and then killed the other two in order to silence them. Debra must have been there and must have helped. I think that she did more than help Tommy dump the car at the mall. I think that she probably participated in the killings of Renee and Julie; otherwise it's difficult to understand why she would still be keeping her mouth shut.

Does anyone else see the possibility of extortion in this case? I haven't read a whole lot here so I don't know if that has ever been discussed or not. I'm not saying that I want to have a discussion about it but I just thought I would ask the question.

Like you, I am convinced that Tommy killed Rachel and then killed the other two in order to silence them. Debra must have been there and must have helped. I think that she did more than help Tommy dump the car at the mall. I think that she probably participated in the killings of Renee and Julie; otherwise it's difficult to understand why she would still be keeping her mouth shut.

I notice that you mentioned the car being "dumped" at the Mall. Do you think the girls returned back to the house on Minot Ave, earlier than expected (maybe straight after the trip to the Army/Navy store) and saw something they shouldn't ?

I notice that you mentioned the car being "dumped" at the Mall. Do you think the girls returned back to the house on Minot Ave, earlier than expected (maybe straight after the trip to the Army/Navy store) and saw something they shouldn't ?
I think that Rachel went back to the house on Minot after shopping at the mall with California Jacket Guy and was immediately beaten to death by Tommy, who had found out that Rachel had been at the mall with California Jacket Guy.
Renee and Julie may have still been in the car at that time, or they may have actually witnessed the murder. If they were in the car, then I think that Debra and Tommy lured them into the house and then killed them.
I think that all three girls were probably put into barrels and either incinerated at the industrial scrap metal furnace in Ft. Worth or buried in a landfill submerged in transmission fluid.

I think that Rachel went back to the house on Minot after shopping at the mall with California Jacket Guy and was immediately beaten to death by Tommy, who had found out that Rachel had been at the mall with California Jacket Guy.
Renee and Julie may have still been in the car at that time, or they may have actually witnessed the murder. If they were in the car, then I think that Debra and Tommy lured them into the house and then killed them.
I think that all three girls were probably put into barrels and either incinerated at the industrial scrap metal furnace in Ft. Worth or buried in a landfill submerged in transmission fluid.

Your theory certainly ticks a lot of boxes, IMO !! I get impression that the murders happened at that house, also.

The only thing I might query is to how TT would have known Rachel was shopping with California Jacket guy that day, in the pre cell phone era. Maybe he had his suspicions about by him by then, anyway, and just put ' two and two' together.

With the method of disposal that you have suggested it would mean that when he was interviewed by police he had nothing fear as sadly the bodies were already gone.

Your theory certainly ticks a lot of boxes, IMO !! I get impression that the murders happened at that house, also.

The only thing I might query is to how TT would have known Rachel was shopping with California Jacket guy that day, in the pre cell phone era. Maybe he had his suspicions about by him by then, anyway, and just put ' two and two' together.

With the method of disposal that you have suggested it would mean that when he was interviewed by police he had nothing fear as sadly the bodies were already gone.
One of Tommy's friends saw Rachel at the mall with California Jacket Guy and called Tommy and told him. (I don't know the name of the friend, but some people on here do.)

One of Tommy's friends saw Rachel at the mall with California Jacket Guy and called Tommy and told him. (I don't know the name of the friend, but some people on here do.)

Interesting. Is it known where that call was made to? The home or the shop?
I've wondered why everything couldn't have just happened at the shop. If Rachel had the car then it seems to me the logical plan would be for her to pick up TT after work and give him a ride home.

Interesting. Is it known where that call was made to? The home or the shop?
I've wondered why everything couldn't have just happened at the shop. If Rachel had the car then it seems to me the logical plan would be for her to pick up TT after work and give him a ride home.
I don't know whether Tommy's friend called the house or the shop. I believe that a witness placed the car at the house on Minot, though, so it seems more likely that the murders occurred at the house. Then again, maybe Tommy killed the girls at the shop and then drove the car home before dumping it at the mall.

If only TT’s house was searched! The first person of interest is the spouse. Did he ever take a lie detector test? After all these years, LE should share something with the public. The families need closure and these girls need a a final resting place. This is one of most confusing cold cases. I don’t understand how three girls can just vanish without little to no clues! It doesn’t make sense!!

If only TT’s house was searched! The first person of interest is the spouse. Did he ever take a lie detector test? After all these years, LE should share something with the public. The families need closure and these girls need a a final resting place. This is one of most confusing cold cases. I don’t understand how three girls can just vanish without little to no clues! It doesn’t make sense!!
He took two lie detector tests and passed both—as psychopaths usually do.

Hi, I've been lurking this case for a long time but decided to enroll in Websleuths just to ask for more info on this post.

Where is this phone call discussed and can anyone provide more info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann