UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

Before their deaths, the couple was last seen at a bar in Moab, Woody’s Tavern, on Friday, August 13, at around 9:30 p.m. A post to the tavern’s Facebook post says “these two women were very much in love with each other and their focus and attention were always on each other,” adding that despite reports the women had been followed out, “no one followed them out the door.” The post goes on to criticize how investigators are handling the investigation.

The Grand County Sheriff’s Office, while confirming an investigation is underway, say they believed there is no danger to the public.

“How are we safe if you have a double homicide?” Hunter asked. ”You don’t have a suspect in custody. You’re not claiming it was a murder-suicide so how are we possibly safe? It honestly feels like they’re just trying to protect the tourism industry in Moab.”
What happened to Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte in Moab, Utah?

Woody’s Tavern Facebook, owner post

Last edited:
Thank you @imstilla.grandma for posting all these great articles! Very helpful to have a good compilation of sources.

I am also confused on when they were spotted leaving Woody's Tavern, as I have also seen different times from different sources. I guess all we know for sure is that they were last seen leaving the tavern at between 9:00-12:00 on late August 13/early August 14. I need to look up what CSH and Kylen's dad said about the timing, because I would trust them the most.

The townspeople of Moab must be feeling very unsafe now, knowing there is possibly a murderer roaming around them, and many seem to believe (including me) that LE is incorrect when they say there's nothing to worry about and that they're safe. These two women were brutally raped and shot multiple times each - their murderer has not been found - how are the people of Moab safe???

Jmo because I need to find where I read it but from what I remember reading, the girls left the bar around 9 then went to a friends house near by and left the friends at midnight to go to their campsite. If someone finds that before me please post.

ETA https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oxygen.com/crime-news/could-satellites-be-key-to-solving-crystal-turner-kylen-schulte-murders?amp

"According to Jensen, after leaving the bar, the couple went over to a friend’s house until just after midnight before returning to their campsite sometime around 1 a.m."

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this video, swedeheart. For those curious, they show some brief footage of what the area around their campsite looked like. Very pretty, very Utah - but so horrible to think these two lives were stolen there :(

Thanks, 10ofRods. I'm trying to keep up with Gabby's thread too, but it's moving so fast. I did see the police report of the DV incident. That does not bode well for Gabby, unfortunately. I'm trying to catch up with everything, especially the possible Moonflower Co-op Connection with Kylen. I still lean towards the cases being unrelated, but the Moonflower connection does give me pause. The timeline is confusing too, but since it sounds like Gabby last definitively contacted relatives a week after Kylen and Crystal were found deceased, I don't think there is a connection. HOWEVER - and this is massive speculation, completely, and probably wrong (I don't believe this, just something that popped into my head) - what if Gabby and BL were arguing outside the Moonflower Co-op, Kylen called the police to report a DV incident, and he, infuriated, began stalking Kylen and Crystal. It makes sense that they would view him as creepy and tell friends about him especially if they considered him as a possible domestic abuser. What if he was furious at them for calling LE and, after stalking them, attacked and shot them, and threatened Gabby with the same fate if she turned him in or told anyone? What if Gabby either attempted to escape from him because she knew what he did or was planning to turn him in, so he decided he needed to "get rid of her"? Again, this is all SPECULATION and just what my brain came up with. Food for thought.

I thought of the same scenario as you have here but didn't know of the Moonflower connection until today. So, yes, very possible.
My other speculation is their obsession with morbidity (podcast, arwork...) and if he somehow planned to murder someone just to make himself famous in an odd kind of sociopathic way? So I want to know if he is indeed the murderer of the 2 women & GP, was it part of a wild plan? Or was it spontaneous?

I thought of the same scenario as you have here but didn't know of the Moonflower connection until today. So, yes, very possible.
My other speculation is their obsession with morbidity (podcast, arwork...) and if he somehow planned to murder someone just to make himself famous in an odd kind of sociopathic way? So I want to know if he is indeed the murderer of the 2 women & GP, was it part of a wild plan? Or was it spontaneous?

To be honest, I don't actually think the above scenario is what happened, but it is just the best scenario I could foresee happening with the Brian Laundrie connection. That being said, I don't think he was connected, and it was just poor timing on his part for the Moonflower fight. But he definitely did succeed at making himself famous in a sociopathic way...

Reposting surveillance video from Woody’s Tavern so everyone can look at their faces again. We remember their loved ones want justice. They need to know what happened since the last time these women were seen alive. These flashes of smiles turn into heartbreaking moments of bodies lain on the ground never to move again. Who murdered Kylen and Crystal? Is a killer on the loose? Is this town reeling? One day, they’re just a normal small town and then there’s women dead, a possible killer near and a fugitive on the loose. How would my town or your town handle these sudden circumstances and consequences? Idk…
Family of two women found dead in Moab mourns the loss of young couple
(BONUS) The Campers

Last edited:
Last edited:
The couple, who married in April, were semi-regulars at Woody’s Tavern in Moab, says bar manager Arielle Beck.

Beck (not related to Crystal Beck) said the pair were there from about 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Aug. 13 and that this was the last time they were seen at Woody’s, although police and local media reported that they were seen there again the following evening. Arielle Beck claims she worked both nights and hasn’t seen them since Friday.
Surveillance footage of murdered married couple shows how they complain that 'weird' stays with them

*Bar manager google hmm….

Sadly, they may have been planning to pack up and leave the next day...and then they were killed.

I obviously can't say for sure what they were thinking/feeling, but I will say, I understand the situation of not wanting to blow something out of proportion or "overreact" to a situation, especially if you are really enjoying a lovely campsite and hoping you don't have to leave. So maybe the first day, they found this guy a bit odd, weird, whatever. You may have a laugh about it with friends like "This guy is kind of a creeper haha" which sounds like how they mentioned it the first day. You don't really think he is harmful at the time, just....weird.

Then, maybe he says or does something the next day that escalates this. It sounds like he showed up with food and clothing and appeared to set up camp for awhile. Maybe you have an interaction with him even. So you start to find him less odd and weird and more of a threat. So you send that text to a friend about wanting to move camp and "if I die, I was murdered by this guy." That last part was maybe tongue-in-cheek and you are mostly kidding about it, perhaps, but still freaked out. You don't want to have to give up this campsite but you are seriously considering packing up and getting out of dodge in the morning. Maybe it's late and you just plan to sleep and then leave. But then....it's too late.

All supposition, of course, but I could see how this happened to them, quickly and before they realized the seriousness of the situation.

Yes the rabbit Ruth was in her travel carrier as if they were packing up or getting ready to go out. Maybe they said something to him and it escalated

"According to Jensen, after leaving the bar, the couple went over to a friend’s house until just after midnight before returning to their campsite sometime around 1 a.m."

So they were *not* last seen at Woody's Tavern! And this fact has stayed hidden for two months until the PI discovered it.

Is this the source for the 2nd creeper man story? The one where he'd moved closer, brought clothes, and intimidated them? The one where K/C said if anything happened to them, creeper man did it?

R st J

So they were *not* last seen at Woody's Tavern! And this fact has stayed hidden for two months until the PI discovered it.

Is this the source for the 2nd creeper man story? The one where he'd moved closer, brought clothes, and intimidated them? The one where K/C said if anything happened to them, creeper man did it?

R st J
I don't know if this is the 2nd source, no msm that I know of, but imo it is a good possibility.
Hindsight is always 20/20 but I wish they just fell asleep at their friends then brought others with them to pack up their camp site. This case is so senseless and cruel and will be one that always pulls at my heart.

Plastic bottles in a pile
Rabbit in carrier no food or water

My opinion, they was packing up to leave. And the creepy guy saw this.
It was said they got back to the site around midnight and they had to be at work at 5:30 so he must have seemed very threatening by then or they would have just left in the morning I think. JMO

To me seems very likely the creep showed up to enjoy camping by the creek with some shade trees by it, which might have been his favorite spot, and got riled up finding he has to share the space and with lesbians hated by him.

It's not unheard of for people to go into rage over camping spaces. Just last year, there a local in Wyoming became enraged finding a group of out-of-staters in his favorite campsite (and that was inside a free Tin Cup campground) - he was drunk and proceeded to yell at them, then, as things had escalated, had threatened them with a gun - and got shot dead.

I like the idea of a mixed motive for the perpetrator: People whom I fundamentally dont like "stole" my claimed spot.

As a side note, there has also been a double murder motivated in part by: "Too many hunters with not enough prime lake and.... not enough ducks" type thinking.

Likewise, when I lived in SOCAL, there were periodic vicious assaults over "claimed" surfing spots- also motivated by too many surfers and not enough truly surfable waves.

The SOCAL surfer beatdowns and the TN double duck murder, however, occurred at very desirable spots for that kind of activity and had featured past incidents of territorial driven intimidation (usually vandalism of unattended "trespasser" property).

I wonder if the camping sites there are widely held to be attractive and if there has been a past history of people making "claims" and petty intimidation of others? Though the absence of such does not eliminate the motive, a history of "claims" and intimidation around area campsites would strengthen it.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back