Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hard to keep up. I know it’s mostly a moot point now, but …Was anyone from the Merry Pig incident interviewed… staff or customers? I know that BL was going off on a waitress, he left and came back in a few times yelling. Do we know what he was saying?
Iirc, they released a brief statement that they'd spoken with LE and had no further comment ?

Exactly. If that was the situation and their son's girlfriend did not show up with him and that young woman had lived under their roof for two years, most people would attempt to call her to make sure she's ok. If they could not reach her, most people would then call her family to let them know what's going on. Not only did they not do either of those things, they didn't pick up the phone when her family called them. That is inexcusable. IMO.

It is truly baffling. Especially if they were loving and affectionate towards her before the "van life" trip. Maybe they took the lawyer's advice and didn't think it through. So many strange things in this case.

I believe that SB spoke with the FBI Tuesday - source - the interiews last night. The point is, regardless of whether FBI takes MP reports, SB reported BL missing to them. They were the lead agency. If the FBI were not interested, they would have told SB so. If the FBI were not in charge of the respective investigations, why did they tell NPPD on Friday to visit the L's and take a MP report?

The L's and SB are not responsible for the FBI's failure to communicate with other LE agencies.
SB said he reported it to FBI on the 13th when Brian didn't go home.

Brian Laundrie was 'grieving' when he vanished, days before Gabby Petito found dead: lawyer

More than a month before authorities found the decomposed remains of Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie in a swamp near his home, he allegedly slipped away from his parents’ house under the guise of a hike.

That was on Sept. 13, two days after Laundrie’s fiancée, Gabby Petito, was reported missing. His attorney, Steve Bertolino, informed the FBI that his client had failed to come home.

However, local police in North Port, Florida, said they thought Laundrie was still inside the house until they knocked on the front door on Sept. 17.

Bertolino said that after he told the FBI that Laundrie failed to return from the park, he had no further contact with the FBI until they told him Friday about a tip that Laundrie had been seen in Tampa.

But from Tuesday evening to Thursday, neither Laundrie’s parents nor his attorney followed up with the FBI or local authorities about their missing son’s whereabouts.

"There was never any communication between myself and law enforcement in the next three days," Bertolino told Fox News Digital. "They never asked me, and I never informed them that Brian didn't come home."

They also waited until the Friday meeting regarding the Tampa tip to file a missing person report.

"North Port PD was under the assumption that Brian was home, and so was the FBI when they got a tip on Friday that Brian was in Tampa, and they wanted to meet with us on Friday," Bertolino said.

"I was shocked and said, 'That's good. You found him in Tampa,' and they said, 'What do you mean? I thought he's at the house.' I said, 'No, I told you the other day he never came home.'"

North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison had said in the middle of that week that he knew exactly where Brian Laundrie was – but he was wrong.

Speaking to reporters during a news conference on Sept. 16, Garrison was asked if he knew where Laundrie was at that moment.

"Yes," he replied.

The family made no effort to correct him and showed no public urgency about their son's whereabouts or well-being -- even though Bertolino later told ABC News that Brian’s father, Chris Laundrie, believed his son was "grieving" and upset when he left for the Sept. 13 hike. The public didn't know Petito was dead until authorities said they found her remains on Sept. 19.

Last edited:
Hahaha!! I bet you get phone calls like that all the time. They’d have to be one of my good friends for me to call them like that. But trust me…whenever they’re building something & want someone to look at building plans or whatever, they call me, too. So…the favor is returned haha! :)
The worst is the other half bringing stuff to my door thinking it will only take 5 mins and it takes hours and hours and hours. I have told him to stop :)

Brian Laundrie was 'grieving' when he vanished, days before Gabby Petito found dead: lawyer

More than a month before authorities found the decomposed remains of Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie in a swamp near his home, he allegedly slipped away from his parents’ house under the guise of a hike.

That was on Sept. 13, two days after Laundrie’s fiancée, Gabby Petito, was reported missing. His attorney, Steve Bertolino, informed the FBI that his client had failed to come home.

However, local police in North Port, Florida, said they thought Laundrie was still inside the house until they knocked on the front door on Sept. 17.

Bertolino said that after he told the FBI that Laundrie failed to return from the park, he had no further contact with the FBI until they told him Friday about a tip that Laundrie had been seen in Tampa.

But from Tuesday evening to Thursday, neither Laundrie’s parents nor his attorney followed up with the FBI or local authorities about their missing son’s whereabouts.

"There was never any communication between myself and law enforcement in the next three days," Bertolino told Fox News Digital. "They never asked me, and I never informed them that Brian didn't come home."

They also waited until the Friday meeting regarding the Tampa tip to file a missing person report.

"North Port PD was under the assumption that Brian was home, and so was the FBI when they got a tip on Friday that Brian was in Tampa, and they wanted to meet with us on Friday," Bertolino said.

"I was shocked and said, 'That's good. You found him in Tampa,' and they said, 'What do you mean? I thought he's at the house.' I said, 'No, I told you the other day he never came home.'"

North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison had said in the middle of that week that he knew exactly where Brian Laundrie was – but he was wrong.

Speaking to reporters during a news conference on Sept. 16, Garrison was asked if he knew where Laundrie was at that moment.

"Yes," he replied.

The family made no effort to correct him and showed no public urgency about their son's whereabouts or well-being -- even though Bertolino later told ABC News that Brian’s father, Chris Laundrie, believed his son was "grieving" and upset when he left for the Sept. 13 hike. The public didn't know Petito was dead until authorities said they found her remains on Sept. 19.

So many questions:
The first one, why no urgency to report their son missing the evening of Sept. 13th?

Why did a LE officer say "We know where he is." When clearly they did not. Why did he say that?
I wish he would answer that question. Has he? Did anyone hear a follow-up?

In the picture of BL under the blanket eating the apple where the notebooks and pens are visible, MOO 3 of the 6 pens appear to be Sakura Pigma Micron pens, which are waterproof. JMO

Are they the PN Microns, though? I use regular Sakura Pigna Microns daily, and I have absolutely lost ink/text (on very high quality paper, as well as cheap stuff) with water spills not caught immediately.

Now I feel like doing some unscientific control tests of my own, Thoygh I don't really feel like gavjbv bowls of water sitting aroubd my kitchen for weeks :p

When did she post about being in Wyoming??? her insta last post was from the monarch wall in Ogden, Utah...5 whole hours driving time away from where she was found...this "last known position" sounds like speculation imo

It wasn't an Insta - it was a text to her mom (Aug 25) in which she said they'd arrived at GTNP. It's easy to get confused.

And I think the Merry Piglets sighting (now with 6-7 witnesses coming foward) is a true sighting in WY. Of Gabby.

We have two young people who set out on an adventure and within months both are dead. Tragic.

I believe BL, within his right mind, murdered his girlfriend GP. This was intentional. He then is in panic mode and probably abandoned a few cover up scenarios before ultimately withdrawing some of her money and taking her van back home to FL. I don't think he thought he was going to get away with this, but was buying himself time before all heck broke lose with her parents wanting to know where she was, LE was alerted or an event where GP was found before her parents were even aware something was wrong.

I believe BL goes home and tells his parents a big lie, where GP is the bad guy, she was making risky decisions and wanted to carry on the trip with another person(s), there's a bad breakup and he doesn't want to deal with her or her parents. I DON'T think he told his parents he killed her. He probably acted as normal as he could but he knew this was going to blow up and time was not on his side. Police show up on 9/11 he knows the pressure will be on, he tells his parents he's going on a hike and goes to that park with the sole intent to commit suicide. Here we are. IMO
If he didn't tell them, why did they retain a lawyer right away?

Yes, that's one way of putting it.
Another is that some people would do anything to avoid financial ruin by a costly trial or civil lawsuit.
Imo.
I can see your point. IMO you would have no control over any interviews and what was shown to the general public.

IMO, there will be no trial and there will be no civil lawsuit. Well, not against the L's anyway.

Why was he upset? Because of Gabby? I know he was asked this but evaded the question.
I wonder why the parents waited so long to call the police when he left visibly upset?

"Yes," he replied.

It is shocking to me that they did not look for him, knowing that his fiance was MIA at the time, and that he was grieving. And as fast as they found his items the day they finally went to search, they could have found him back a month ago!

Now, Nassau County officials cite the case and the heightened awareness in expanding its “Safe Dates Initiative,” which teaches kids the difference between healthy and abusive.

“Behavior such as excessive jealousy, threats, accusations, humiliation,” crime victims’ advocate Jeanine Diehl-Paulson said.

The county is urging every school district to sign up for the free four-session program. So far, only 20% take part, including Elmont, which is expanding it to the middle school.

“Kids need to know how to get out of uncomfortable situations and resources they can use to do that, but also, it hopefully doesn’t put kids in that position to begin with, where it teaches kids how to be respectful,” said Kevin Dougherty, principal of Elmont Memorial High School.

The program is taught by The Safe Center LI and domestic abuse victims like Liz Osowiecki, who has “No means no” tattooed on her arm.

“Being obsessive and stalking your partner, and pretending that you’re the only two people in the world, it doesn’t feel so bad until you realize that it’s a red flag and that you have lost all your friends and that this person does control you,” Osowiecki said.

“One in 4 adolescents experience verbal, physical, emotional or sexual abuse from a dating partner,” Nassau County Executive Laura Curran said.

Nassau County is hosting a virtual event on Nov. 19 at 6 p.m. for parents, students and educators to learn more about the Safe Dates Initiative.

Victims can call the Safe Center’s 24-hour hotline at 516-542-0404.
Gabby Petito's Death Prompts Nassau County To Expand 'Safe Dates Initiative' To Help Young People's Relationships

I say this only with hindsight, but the L's committed no crimes, imo. It was their son and their son alone who did all that.

Under our Constitution we are fortunately allowed to not speak, it's our right.

Media and SM fed this beast and this storyline until it gained enough traction that we the public all believed it to be true.

They were never criminals in my mind, breaking any laws. Like it or not, I believe these are the facts. I think the public acted appallingly towards the L's because of what their son was accused of and indicted for not because they were guilty of anything.

That whole idea caught fire and stuck, it was like a runaway train and look at where that train stopped, right where the L's said there son was found. People complaining about the costs of the search, the waste of time it was, and chasing ghosts across the country and in the end he was right where his parent's suspected he was. So really what did the L's do wrong, just because they exercised their right to remain silent. jmo

I agree and it's not like the media has any more information than anybody else or hasn't been known to fill in gaps with misinformation as long as it suits a narrative.

At this point, I'm far less concerned about the Laundries being social outcasts than some nutjob thinking they can do society a favour and harm them.

I don't feel my opinion is unfounded after reading comments under Cassie's interview and found many direct threats to harm her children.

Typically defense attorneys bill hourly. However, there are instances where they will take the case pro bono. I guess if he sees this as something that could possibly increase his business, he may be doing it pro bono.
I would think he's doing this on his own time. Wouldn't think it is billable services. And he's probably getting paid by the people who are interviewing him. JMO

Are they the PN Microns, though? I use regular Sakura Pigna Microns daily, and I have absolutely lost ink/text (on very high quality paper, as well as cheap stuff) with water spills not caught immediately.

Now I feel like doing some unscientific control tests of my own, Thoygh I don't really feel like gavjbv bowls of water sitting aroubd my kitchen for weeks :p
LOL! You're actual experience and expertise controls this discussion! I just compared the photos to what I could find in Amazon! :)

If it didn't go viral he might be alive and in custody. If it didn't go viral, grifters like Dog and Walsh wouldn't have wasted everyone's time. If it didn't go viral a bunch of social media attention starved jerks wouldn't be camped out on the Laundries lawn begging for "donations." If it didn't go viral BLs sister's kids would have endured far less harassment....
If it didn't go viral, Gabby would still be alone in a stream. If it didn't go viral, the Petitos would have no answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa