Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *PLEA: No Contest* *appeal filed 2023* #3

Update!

Tuesday, Sept. 14th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 1pm CT) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – for *Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 31) “father” arrested & charged (4/7/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with 1 count of 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report & tampering with evidence. $1M bond.
Confessed on 4/6/18. Waived rights to Prelim hearing. Joseph Daniels told officers that he beat his son to death after his son urinated on the floor. But recanted his confession saying he was coerced.
Trial began on 6/1/21 to 6/2/21 with jury selection for Joseph only. Jury will be sequestered during trial. Jury picked from Hamilton County not from Dickson County due to pretrial publicity.
Trial began on 6/3/21 & ended 6/11/21. The trial will run Monday thru Saturday 9am to 5 or 6pm. 12 jurors & 4 alternates. After alternates excused – 12 jurors (7 women, 5 men). Jury deliberations for Day 1 (6/11/21): 4½ hours; Day 2 (6/12/21): 3 hours & ~30 minutes. Total deliberations: 8 hours.

Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 5/25/21 & Jury Selection from 6/1/21 & 6/2/21 & Trial Day 1-8 (6/3/21 & 6/11/21) & Jury deliberations (Day 1) 6/11/21) reference post #146 here:
Still Missing - *GUILTY* TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #3

6/12/21 Saturday, Day 9 of Trial & Day 2 of Jury deliberations: Jurors started deliberations at 9:07am to ~12:45pm – with verdict!
Verdict: First degree murder - NOT GUILTY, Second degree murder (lesser offense) - GUILTY, First degree murder in perpetration of a felony - GUILTY, Aggravated child abuse - GUILTY, Initiating a false report - GUILTY and Tampering with evidence - GUILTY
See post #182, 183, 188 & 189 for more info here:
Still Missing - *GUILTY* TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #3
Sentencing hearing on Sept. 14, 1pm.

9/14/21 Update: For the sentencing hearing, Public Defender Jake Lockert hopes to subpoena Joseph’s son Alex, who also testified during the trial. The state is moving to dismiss his subpoena because he’s already testified. Defense wants the brother Alex to testify in dad's sentencing hearing. Judge is taking a break to consider the motion. Judge denies the defence subpoena. Daniels has been sentenced to 51 years, served concurrently before being eligible for parole.
*Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 30) “mom” – Motions hearing on 11/12/21. Trial set to begin on 2/1/22 with jury selection.

A POSSIBLE NEW LEAD IN THE ONGOING SEARCH FOR JOE CLYDE DANIELS’ REMAINS.
His incarcerated father who killed him wrote a letter to an investigator.
Five-year-old Joe Clyde disappeared from his Dickson County home in 2018.
This summer his father was convicted of murder.
But the little boy's body has never been found.
Now, there's a possible jump start to the search.
A letter from the boy's father may provide some new leads.
Joseph Daniels sent the letter to private investigator David Marshburn — who's been involved in other high-profile missing persons cases.
Now Marshburn is returning to Tennessee as the search effort has all but stopped.
“If his remains are never found this is a story we will continue to hear about two or three decades from now," said NewsChannel 5 legal analyst Nick Leonardo.
After Joe Clyde disappeared, a six-mile radius around his home was searched.
Marshburn — who works out of North Carolina — came later to look.
“You're looking for remains of a smaller child you don't come across those things every day," said Marshburn in 2018.
Not a trace of the boy was ever found.
There are no more organized searches, but now Marshburn is returning.
“I come in after the fact after everyone is done and it's gone cold," said Marshburn by phone this week.
He's coming with some new leads and his cadaver dog thanks in part to a letter Joseph Daniels sent him last month from prison.
“Letters back and forth... so I have had a conversation with Joseph," said Marshburn.
Daniels writes: "Dear David, as you know I am now convicted for a murder."
Daniels does not admit to killing or disposing of his son's body.
But he does go on to write: "Here are some roads I want searched.
Mostly these are roads in the surrounding area."
“My plan for coming back is to expand the search out further," said Marshburn.
For now, he doesn't know if Daniels is leading him to his son's body, or if he's lying as he has so often in the past to authorities.
But Marshburn won't give up on the search.
“I'm always optimistic about people being found. I truly believe he'll be found," he said.
So, Marshburn has a list of roads and new places to search, hoping it leads to a body more than years after Joe Clyde disappeared.
I PLAN TO BE THERE WITH HIM WHEN HE SEARCHES THESE NEW LOCATIONS.
Joe Clyde deserves to be found so he can have a proper burial.
MORE TO COME.

Joseph Daniels sent the letter to private investigator David Marshburn — who's been involved in other high-profile missing persons cases.
Now Marshburn is returning to Tennessee as the search effort has all but stopped.
“If his remains are never found this is a story we will continue to hear about two or three decades from now," said NewsChannel 5 legal analyst Nick Leonardo.
“You're looking for remains of a smaller child you don't come across those things every day," said Marshburn in 2018.
“I come in after the fact after everyone is done and it's gone cold," said Marshburn by phone this week.
He's coming with some new leads and his cadaver dog thanks in part to a letter Joseph Daniels sent him last month from prison.
“Letters back and forth... so I have had a conversation with Joseph," said Marshburn.
For now, he doesn't know if Daniels is leading him to his son's body, or if he's lying as he has so often in the past to authorities.
“I'm always optimistic about people being found. I truly believe he'll be found," he said.
So, Marshburn has a list of roads and new places to search, hoping it leads to a body more than years after Joe Clyde disappeared.
MORE TO COME.

I really hope he finds him. As he says Joe deserves to have a proper burial.

MORE TO COME.

I read this yesterday. At first I read the headline and got excited. As I read and learned that David Marshburn is the one working the leads, I lost all excitement. He has had a few theories, none of which made sense or included parental involvement.
Baby Joe will be found when his sperm donor and paternal grandfather tell where he is....IMO, MOO.

Friday, November 12th:
*Motions Hearing (@ am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – *Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 30) “mom” arrested & charged (4/9/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. Additional Charges (9/14/21) with conspiracy to commit aggravated child abuse or neglect, filing a false report & evidence tampering or fabricating evidence. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Trial set to begin on 2/1/22 with jury selection. Jury will be chosen from Stewart County but the trial will be in Dickson County.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 5/21/21 reference post #222 here:

7/18/21 Update: A hearing to set trial is scheduled on 7/19/21. 7/19/21 Update: Judge David Wolfe said jury selection will begin on February 1, and the trial will follow after that. The jury will be chosen from Stewart County. Additional motions hearings in the case were scheduled for September. A gag order remains in place for Krystal's case. Judge Wolfe set 9/3/21 as deadline for any pending motions to be filed by defense. Hearing moved to 9/14/21.
9/14/21 Update: Krystal Daniels, the mother of Baby Joe, was expected to appear in the courtroom Tuesday morning for a motions hearing, but the Dickson County jail she is in was under COVID-19 lockdown. Krystal was originally charged with aggravated child neglect in the death of her son, but now faces additional charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated child abuse or neglect, filing a false report, and evidence tampering or fabricating evidence. Krystal did briefly appear in court Tuesday afternoon. Her attorney said she pleads not guilty. Her motions hearing has been moved to 11/12/21. Her trial is set to begin 2/1/22 & is expected to last 10 days.
*Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 31) “father” - Trial began on 6/1/21 to 6/11/21: Verdict: Guilty on 2nd degree murder (lesser offense), 1st degree murder in perpetration of a felony, aggravated child abuse, initiating a false report & tampering with evidence. Sentenced on 9/14/21 to 51 years in prison before eligible for parole.

Friday, November 12th:
*Motions Hearing (@ am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – *Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 30) “mom” arrested & charged (4/9/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. Additional Charges (9/14/21) with conspiracy to commit aggravated child abuse or neglect, filing a false report & evidence tampering or fabricating evidence. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Trial set to begin on 2/1/22 with jury selection. Jury will be chosen from Stewart County but the trial will be in Dickson County.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 5/21/21 reference post #222 here:

7/18/21 Update: A hearing to set trial is scheduled on 7/19/21. 7/19/21 Update: Judge David Wolfe said jury selection will begin on February 1, and the trial will follow after that. The jury will be chosen from Stewart County. Additional motions hearings in the case were scheduled for September. A gag order remains in place for Krystal's case. Judge Wolfe set 9/3/21 as deadline for any pending motions to be filed by defense. Hearing moved to 9/14/21.
9/14/21 Update: Krystal Daniels, the mother of Baby Joe, was expected to appear in the courtroom Tuesday morning for a motions hearing, but the Dickson County jail she is in was under COVID-19 lockdown. Krystal was originally charged with aggravated child neglect in the death of her son, but now faces additional charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated child abuse or neglect, filing a false report, and evidence tampering or fabricating evidence. Krystal did briefly appear in court Tuesday afternoon. Her attorney said she pleads not guilty. Her motions hearing has been moved to 11/12/21. Her trial is set to begin 2/1/22 & is expected to last 10 days.
*Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 31) “father” - Trial began on 6/1/21 to 6/11/21: Verdict: Guilty on 2nd degree murder (lesser offense), 1st degree murder in perpetration of a felony, aggravated child abuse, initiating a false report & tampering with evidence. Sentenced on 9/14/21 to 51 years in prison before eligible for parole.

I subscribe to the judge's Youtube channel. I'll post a link later if Krystal's motions hearing is streamed.

Just checking again if there is any news on the motions hearing & Daniels next hearing date?

TIA!
hellogf.gif

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/joseph-daniels-seeks-new-trial-for-murder-of-joe-clyde

Dec. 6, 2021

CHARLOTTE, Tenn. (WTVF) — If you thought it was all over for Joseph Daniels... think again.

The father convicted this past summer of murdering his son Joe Clyde now is serving life. But, now he's taking the first step toward seeking a new trial.
[.....]
The conviction came on the strength of two things: A confession that Joseph Daniels later recanted and crucial testimony from Joe Clyde's 11-year-old brother Alex who said he witnessed Joseph beat his brother and then carry him away.
[.....]
Joseph's attorney Jake Lockert had questioned how Alex remembered this detail for the trial after initially saying he recalled nothing from the night Joe Clyde disappeared?

After the trial, Lockert said Joseph Daniels would be challenging the guilty verdict.

"We had a lot of reversible errors in the trial. So he's advised he wants to pursue an appeal," Lockert said.

Now, in the motion filed for a new trial, the defense is expected to subpoena several witnesses and it is expected that Alex will be on the list.
[.....]
Any contradictions in what Alex or any other witness testifies to could be grounds for a new trial.

But Leonardo said don't expect the trial Judge David Wolfe to grant it — that would be very rare.

The case will end up in the state court of appeal.

The motion for the new trial will be heard by Judge Wolfe early next year — just weeks before Joe Clyde's mother Krystal goes on trial for aggravated child abuse.

I have Krystal's trial starting 2/1/22.

Anyone here - can you access Dickson County? I can't.... and just wondering if Krystal has any court hearings before trial - her last was a motions hearing on 11/12/21. And if Joseph might have that motion hearing "early next year" on there.

TIA if anyone can find some dates!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa