SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/21...charges-from-hakeem-pinckney-case-and-others/
From today's published link, just pulling out a few more points of interest:

The new indictments:
  • Bring Murdaugh’s total charges to 74.
*Before Thursday, Murdaugh was facing 51 charges related to multiple complex financial schemes, including a purported murder-for-hire insurance scam and the alleged theft and laundering of more than $6.2 million in client settlement funds, including millions from the family of the woman who helped raise his children.

Murdaugh is also the only publicly named person of interest in the June 2021 murders of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul. As FITSNews exclusively reported two weeks ago, direct physical evidence puts Murdaugh at the scene at the time of the homicides.

He’s a prime candidate to off himself now more than ever, EXCEPT for when proven guilty for the death of 2 family members. For now though he’s watching tv, eating junk food and thinking about his underwear.

This can’t possibly be an easy thing for any attorney who would want to do this?! I mean as far as all the ‘right’ conveniences lining up to allow this magnitude of fraud and death. This is bigger than big in density.

Two items:

1) Apparently the entire Richland County jail is in quarantine because at least one of the inmates has COVID. Not only are no visitors (i.e., attorneys) allowed in, but inmates can’t leave their cells to talk on phone.

… Yesterday, Murdaugh attorney and former State Senator Dick Harpootlian reached out to Shane Kitchen, the assistant director at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center in Richland County, where Murdaugh is being held. Harpootlian asked if it would be possible to meet with Murdaugh at 2:30pm, but Kitchen replied via email, “The entire facility is in quarantine got [sic] Covid 19 at the moment.” … <snipped>

… The detention center’s rules also mean that the lawyers are unable speak to Murdaugh, 53, by phone because he will have to remain in his cell to abide by quarantine restrictions, according to Griffin.…

2) After conferring with a moderator I am posting this updated picture of AM with group of his friends in his Wade Hampton High School (c.1980s) yearbook.

EXCLUSIVE: Alex Murdaugh Not Allowed To See His Lawyers Due to Covid Quarantine | Vicki Ward Investigates, 18 Jan 2022

Attachments

• 23DA2AE4-40D0-4E7F-8C1E-8E0F816A1A69.jpeg
    23DA2AE4-40D0-4E7F-8C1E-8E0F816A1A69.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
He’s a prime candidate to off himself now more than ever, EXCEPT for when proven guilty for the death of 2 family members. For now though he’s watching tv, eating junk food and thinking about his underwear.

This can’t possibly be an easy thing for any attorney who would want to do this?! I mean as far as all the ‘right’ conveniences lining up to allow this magnitude of fraud and death. This is bigger than big in density.

“If” the charges come his way on the murders I think it’ll be the end of the road for this clown. I believe he thinks his high powered lawyers are going to pull him out of these financial crimes. It’s just a “stint” for him. Basically, he was born with the notion the law doesn’t exactly pertain to him. However. Murder charges. This guy is toast in a jail cell. He won’t make it long

Alex Murdaugh Faces Slew Of New Charges From Hakeem Pinckney Case And Others

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/21...charges-from-hakeem-pinckney-case-and-others/

One of the indictments replaces a November indictment, adding a Breach of Trust charge to Murdaugh’s total count.

Add another $2,657,016 to the amount Murdaugh is accused of stealing from clients and his law firm, bringing the total from $6.2 million to more than $8.8 million.

Sources told FITSNews this week that inclement weather in the Upstate and other factors affected the number of cases the state grand jury was able to consider this week. More indictments against Murdaugh and his alleged co-conspirators are expected in the coming months.

This is at least the third time the state grand jury has met to review cases involving Murdaugh.

Murdaugh now faces:

32 counts of breach of trust with fraudulent Intent
19 counts of computer crimes
11 counts of money laundering
7 counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretenses
2 counts of forgery
As well as 1 count each of insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud and filling a false police report for a Labor Day weekend roadside “shooting incident.”

Around this same time, Murdaugh allegedly had another check — this time for $151,726.05 — made out to Palmetto State Bank from the client trust account. He allegedly deposited that money into “a conservator’s account for a different person from which Murdaugh had previously been allowed to borrow money.”

In September 2013, Murdaugh allegedly did this same thing with $33,789.83 of Badger’s money, again depositing it into a conservatorship account for another person.

The next month he allegedly had a check for $101,369.49 from Badger’s money made out to Palmetto State Bank and used that money to purchase money orders “payable to the conservatorship of another person and a family member.”

A few weeks later he allegedly did the same thing in the same amount but this time deposited the money into the conservator’s account for a different person and used the money to pay personal debts.

That $8.4M (or more) has got to be in an offshore account(s). You don't embezzle and launder money on that level for I'm guessing decades and not HIDE it.

JMO

Last edited:
In this indictment, Murdaugh allegedly used Badger's legal settlements to purchase money orders payable to a family member, to a business associate, and "into a conservator's account for a different person from which Murdaugh had previously been allowed to borrow money."

Alex Murdaugh news: 23 new charges brought against former SC lawyer

In this scheme, Murdaugh allegedly used Thomas's legal settlements to purchase a money order payable to a family member and a money order payable to Palmetto State Bank in Hampton.

According to the indictment, Murdaugh allegedly used Pinckney's settlement funds "in part to purchase money orders payable to a family member and to other client conservatorship accounts from which Murdaugh previously borrowed money, in part to pay down a personal business loan, and in part to obtain cash for himself and a different family member."

Murdaugh allegedly stole Martin's legal settlements and used them "for expenses including but not limited to credit card bills, cash, and checks written to himself and associates."

Seems some of it is rob peter to pay paul. Money orders to family member.? Checks written to associates.?

Alex Murdaugh Faces Slew Of New Charges From Hakeem Pinckney Case And Others

One of the indictments replaces a November indictment, adding a Breach of Trust charge to Murdaugh’s total count.

Add another $2,657,016 to the amount Murdaugh is accused of stealing from clients and his law firm, bringing the total from $6.2 million to more than $8.8 million.

Sources told FITSNews this week that inclement weather in the Upstate and other factors affected the number of cases the state grand jury was able to consider this week. More indictments against Murdaugh and his alleged co-conspirators are expected in the coming months.

This is at least the third time the state grand jury has met to review cases involving Murdaugh.

Murdaugh now faces:

32 counts of breach of trust with fraudulent Intent
19 counts of computer crimes
11 counts of money laundering
7 counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretenses
2 counts of forgery
As well as 1 count each of insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud and filling a false police report for a Labor Day weekend roadside “shooting incident.”

Around this same time, Murdaugh allegedly had another check — this time for $151,726.05 — made out to Palmetto State Bank from the client trust account. He allegedly deposited that money into “a conservator’s account for a different person from which Murdaugh had previously been allowed to borrow money.”

In September 2013, Murdaugh allegedly did this same thing with $33,789.83 of Badger’s money, again depositing it into a conservatorship account for another person.

The next month he allegedly had a check for $101,369.49 from Badger’s money made out to Palmetto State Bank and used that money to purchase money orders “payable to the conservatorship of another person and a family member.”

A few weeks later he allegedly did the same thing in the same amount but this time deposited the money into the conservator’s account for a different person and used the money to pay personal debts.
Judge: Members or the jury, have you reached a verdict?

Jury Foreman: Yes we have, your Honor.

Judge: Baliff, please get a large box to put the jury’s findings in and bring it to me. The court will take a 90 minute recess while I review the verdicts.

…….

Baliff: Court is back in session

Judge: Mr Foreman, on count 1, what does the jury find?

Foreman: We the jury find the defendant guilty, your Honor.

Judge on Count 2 what does the jury find?

Foreman: We the jury find the defendant guilty, your honor.

Judge: On count 3, what does the

Foreman: Excuse me your Honor

Judge: Yes?

Foreman: My head hurts. Can I just say “we the jury find the defendant guilty on all 74 counts”?

Last edited:
Judge: Members or the jury, have you reached a verdict?

Jury Foreman: Yes we have, your Honor.

Judge: Baliff, please get a large box to put the jury’s findings in and bring it to me. The court will take a 90 minute recess while I review the verdicts.

…….

Baliff: Court is back in session

Judge: Mr Foreman, on count 1, what does the jury find?

Foreman: We the jury find the defendant guilty, your Honor.

Judge on Count 2 what does the jury find?

Foreman: We the jury find the defendant guilty, your honor.

Judge: On count 3, what does the

Foreman: Excuse me your Honor

Judge: Yes?

Foreman: My head hurts. Can I just say “we the jury find the defendant guilty on all 74 counts”?
:D

The new indictments extend Murdaugh’s crimes back more than a decade to 2011 and add a new mystery. Several of them said Murdaugh used money orders given to an unnamed family member to get his hands on the cash, prosecutors said.

Alex Murdaugh now faces 71 charges, stole $8.5M: prosecutor

Family member helped him.

Jmo
Could that a person have been Maggie, without her knowledge at the time? Could she have discovered that just before her murder?

Two items:

1) Apparently the entire Richland County jail is in quarantine because at least one of the inmates has COVID. Not only are no visitors (i.e., attorneys) allowed in, but inmates can’t leave their cells to talk on phone.

… Yesterday, Murdaugh attorney and former State Senator Dick Harpootlian reached out to Shane Kitchen, the assistant director at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center in Richland County, where Murdaugh is being held. Harpootlian asked if it would be possible to meet with Murdaugh at 2:30pm, but Kitchen replied via email, “The entire facility is in quarantine got [sic] Covid 19 at the moment.” … <snipped>

… The detention center’s rules also mean that the lawyers are unable speak to Murdaugh, 53, by phone because he will have to remain in his cell to abide by quarantine restrictions, according to Griffin.…

2) After conferring with a moderator I am posting this updated picture of AM with group of his friends in his Wade Hampton High School (c.1980s) yearbook.

EXCLUSIVE: Alex Murdaugh Not Allowed To See His Lawyers Due to Covid Quarantine | Vicki Ward Investigates, 18 Jan 2022

I'm really not sure if Alex does have millions stashed away somewhere. He seems to have gotten more and more brazen as time went on, and completely reckless towards the end of this.

Drugs don't explain this for me, but gambling would.

I'm really not sure if Alex does have millions stashed away somewhere. He seems to have gotten more and more brazen as time went on, and completely reckless towards the end of this.

Drugs don't explain this for me, but gambling would.

This is what I think too. There is a recklessness, a craziness almost towards the end, that doesn't fit in to the quietly salting millions away theory in my mind. The unpaid property fees, the cheque that bounced for MM-there is an "out of control" element. I think some of the dodgy financial deals were robbing Peter to pay Paul too, which points to uncontrolled spending to me. Gambling is the only thing that I can think of that would consume such enormous sums of money so quickly. I think AM's life must have been absolutely chaotic, for a long time.

This is what I think too. There is a recklessness, a craziness almost towards the end, that doesn't fit in to the quietly salting millions away theory in my mind. The unpaid property fees, the cheque that bounced for MM-there is an "out of control" element. I think some of the dodgy financial deals were robbing Peter to pay Paul too, which points to uncontrolled spending to me. Gambling is the only thing that I can think of that would consume such enormous sums of money so quickly. I think AM's life must have been absolutely chaotic, for a long time.

There was that trip to Vegas not too long ago that Busters uncle treated him to to get his mind off of everything that was going down. It’s fitting with the gambling narrative. Or could that just be a coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab