ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time keeping up so maybe this has been said already- BK's right wrist looks like it might have been grabbed in self-defense where fingernails dug in.
Don't know about injuries but the DNA to identify him may have come from hands.

Investigators secured each of the victims’ hands in forensic bags before their bodies were removed from the grim crime scene in Moscow, Idaho, last month, coroner Cathy Mabbutt told Fox News on Monday.

Snip

DNA expert Matthew Gamette, director of the Idaho State Police Forensic Services Laboratory Systems, added that any evidence collected would likely take weeks to test.

Very likely the Apple watch, IMO. E can be seen wearing his in a couple of photos. Guys often wear their watches 24/7 (and so do some girls, although judging from tan lines, none of the women were wearing an Apple watch all the time, IMO).

A rough estimate of ToD can be made simply by stage of rigor/body temp. However, that hour-long window is very likely much narrow now that the autopsy is done. They will release the autopsy if this goes to trial (and may do so anyway, I don't know the rules in ID).
I agree with the Apple Watch scenario. With regards to body temp, coroner didn’t perform that test and stated she couldn’t give a ToD approximation because “too much time had gone by.”

I interned at an ME’s office in college and almost always the ME or deputy ME was sent to scenes like this. Perplexed me as to why it didn’t happen in this case, but the digital evidence would explain that.

Cheers!

He could have been on unpaid leave for a while, till is ckear where this goes. But here are obvious efforts to destroy him before even is known what they have against him.
Well, he's not a popular person for obvious reasons. And I have seen people get sacked from a college for a lot less. Like making a snarky post on social media. It is not unreasonable that a suspect, in a Mass Murder, got sacked. IMO, losing his position at WSU is the least of his, his Attorneys and my concern. IMO.

I’ve watched a few times. It’s pretty funny.

Cop:
Where ya headed?
Brian: we’re uh going to get some Thai food
Dad: well we’re coming from wsu
Brian: yeh there was a swat team there (trying to keep the subject off Idaho murders i think)
Cop: what’s wsu
Dad: Washington state university
Mentions bryan getting phd there
Bryan and Dad: Talk more about the swat team and shooting incident. dad says he’s horrified by it
Dad: we’re going to Pennsylvania in the pocono mountains

Bryan looks at dad like WTH, dad?!

So basically i think this video is being used as evidence to show how Brian just says we’re going to get Thai food, ratger than we’re going home for Christmas to PA when asked where are you headed. I believe twice he’s asked and that’s his answer. He doesn’t want the cop to know where he’s going. He also doesn’t seem to want the cop to know where he’s coming from either.

Obviously, if you’re going on a cross country drive and someone asks you where ya’ headed, you give them your final destination, not where you going for lunch. You especially would tell the cop where you are headed and where you’re coming from to garner sympathy like “Look we have a long drive ahead of us and have been driving a long time. Sorry for the tailgating. Please cut us some slack. We will do better from here on out.” That’s exactly what the dad did. He wanted the cop understand that their “where ya headed” “where ya coming from” was DAYS of driving. Not just a trip for lunch.
IMO, this was totally a set up.

Most universities have a code of conduct policy for students that likely covers students charged with crimes.

And I wonder if, recently, a few students at WSU may have contacted the Title IX office about him. As he is currently unavailable to answer the charges, he'd likely be placed on suspension at the very least and perhaps an injunction ordered against coming onto the campus grounds (until he goes through proceedings).

I can't imagine that not one of those disgruntled students didn't file something on him.

Disclaimer, I’m from the UK. I have no idea about sororities or fraternities or whatever these are but…
At DeSale University, their website states ‘DeSales University chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma, the National Criminal Justice Honor Society, brings together high-achieving students from the DeSales undergraduate traditional day, ACCESS, and graduate programs…..’ etc. (linked)
I know that a victim KG was also associated with Alpha Phi Sigma…
Is it possible that could be linked if BK was involved, despite different universities?APS Official Merchandise
The honor societies are very different than the typical Greek social organizations. Mostly it's something for your resume and possibly future networking. You pay a fee for your certificate/pin/etc and might have a few meetings to discuss the specialty of your group, such as Criminal Justice. I don't remember anyone from the academic ones but have lifelong close friends from the social one. It's been awhile but this is how I remember as a participant of both types of organizations.

The honor societies are very different than the typical Greek social organizations. Mostly it's something for your resume and possibly future networking. You pay a fee for your certificate/pin/etc and might have a few meetings to discuss the specialty of your group, such as Criminal Justice. I don't remember anyone from the academic ones but have lifelong close friends from the social one. It's been awhile but this is how I remember as a participant of both types of organizations.
Thank you - Do you know if the events or social activities would be cross-university? Or are these usually ‘in house’?

Oh, I think he clearly understands the intent of the cop’s question. He just doesn’t want to share any info, especially about where he’s headed. He's obfuscating due to his guilty conscience, in my opinion. And for all he knows they may be on to him, or figure out he’s the killer of the U of Idaho students.
I agree that it provides quick view into his cracked consciousness-it was a nonsensical answer in the context of the stop, the law in person!! at his window, (his nightmare) little sleep, his father there to save him, the escape from the crime scene, the hideous mess of his mind and the last few weeks...self-preservation gobbledygook...or sadly they actually were going for Thai food!! in the freeway food desert of America!

Don't know about injuries but the DNA to identify him may have come from hands.

Investigators secured each of the victims’ hands in forensic bags before their bodies were removed from the grim crime scene in Moscow, Idaho, last month, coroner Cathy Mabbutt told Fox News on Monday.

Snip

DNA expert Matthew Gamette, director of the Idaho State Police Forensic Services Laboratory Systems, added that any evidence collected would likely take weeks to test.
bbm
True.
But how much do you want to bet that it was fast tracked ?
I'd put money on it !
In a case that's as high profile as this one.
He didn't steal a candy bar from a convenience store, nor a B&E where credit cards were stolen.
Four lives taken in a brutal fashion.
Four !
Imo.

To follow up, from Champaign, IL (where it looks like the flight took off from most recently, the estimated time of flight 6 hours. If they don't stop again, looks like BK will arrive around 6 PM PST.
maybe they will just go to Moscow-Pullam and have dinner and then drive him to jail a bit later in the dark with less traffic and less photo ops IMO. Also cannot imagine eating with armed guards and cuffs- do they cuff you to an object and let you use one hand to feed yourself if you are behaving?

From an aviation standpoint, this route doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Maybe it was the low ceilings in Wisconsin?
If he was on this aircraft that landed in Champaign, he's only 30% of the way there.

Again, I've not flown in years (as in flying as a passenger), but I used to travel by plane quite a bit and this is confusing to me. I've ridden in single-props for short trips to larger airports (not quite as cushy as the P12). Maybe they had a pilot change at the pitstop, (possibly a 2nd pilot riding along?), and a necessary fuel up, but the shortest trip across the country I've found was 11 hours, from where they took off to where they are suspected to land. That was on an Economy BusAA 6350 w/ two stops. Much bigger, faster, plane. Think maybe they're going to switch out at SUX Airport w/ ID?

SUX theory out the window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members