SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

When referring to the attorneys, officials or other trial members, please use their names or initials. Let’s not assign them nicknames. Thanks a ton!!

I don't think so. The Guard/lawman called out for no one to leave yet, then walked up to speak to the Judge. Apparently, he wanted Alex to leave First before anyone else, as some people were trying to pass him contraband. Remember the picture of Alex patting his son's butt-No Contact Allowed!
That butt pat was infuriating. Can you imagine a case where someone charged with murder would be allowed to touch a witness without being reprimanded? It really drove home the point that AM just assumed it would be OK to do. For generations his family "owned" LE, the courts and the money in that town.

Snipped and BBM

As to the above bolded part, he sure sounds like he's been on a heavy coke binge. That sniffing is driving me up the wall, I'd rather listen to DH prattle on.
I’ve been suspicious of his awkward and clumsy use of tissues that he seemingly retrieves from his own pockets, not a tissue box. I think he has been sneeking pills.

They family knew he was the bad seed!

“And THEN I lied” - AM
Moo
But WHY do they keep letting him control them? Even if they didn‘t think he murdered them, by the time he was in jail, they knew that he had robbed SO many needy and wounded people. WHY continue taking his calls multiple times each day? WHY keep letting him tell you what to do? WHY did JMM allow AM to manipulate his wife— to insist she put money in commissary account ‘right now’, when she was putting her children to bed? Why not stand up for your own wife? She was clearly uncomfortable with the whole thing. Why does Buster continue to take orders from him? i would have stopped answering the phone altogether if he was still trying to manipulate me from jail.

. Maggie Murdaugh’s Estate consists of various personal and real property, including the approximately 1,700-acre property located in Colleton County and in Hampton County (“Moselle”), an interest in a home on Edisto Island held jointly with Alex Murdaugh, and other assets of significant value. The Receivers believe Maggie Murdaugh’s assets are valued in the millions of dollars.

I've been thinking about why Alex is continuing to say he took an outrageous number of pills per day and came up with a theory - it's because of his drug trafficking charges which probably carry a decently long sentence so he does not want to admit it.

He's taking the chance that the sentences for the fraud charges will be run concurrently and that he will be able to get off on the drug and murder charges. Then there will be a possibility that he gets out of prison before he dies.

Are they still hush on the details about the book misdemeanor? I hope the public is safe.
Possibly delivery of drugs, a jail house trick. Some drugs can be infused onto paper, as in books, and it is a way to deliver without suspicion until it is discovered.
The book itself sounds too innocent. MO - a drug delivery.

On June 23, 2020, Murdaugh III created a will that gave all of his estate to a trust under his name. The Randolph Murdaugh III Trust is listed as the only beneficiary of his estate.

The Murdaugh family patriarch’s wife and four children are named as heirs in the will but not direct beneficiaries, according to the records.

It’s unclear how Murdaugh III’s trust, which is not a public record, will be distributed.

Was he putting money in the Murdaugh trust?

I also wondered if this was about fear of contraband getting to AM since news was breaking about his misdemeanor charges from an earlier incident.

I thought if not the contraband issue, perhaps giving Judge Newman an earful about the rumored juror with a blanket that stuffed kleenex in her ears on Friday afternoon. Can't make this stuff up!

Sounds kind of nutty. Wow.

That butt pat was infuriating. Can you imagine a case where someone charged with murder would be allowed to touch a witness without being reprimanded? It really drove home the point that AM just assumed it would be OK to do. For generations his family "owned" LE, the courts and the money in that town.
Precisely! He thought he could do whatever he wanted in any situation. I wonder how he acted as a child, whether he was ever held to account/disciplined by his parents or teachers. This kind of person doesn't just appear one day from nowhere.

If I was the prosecutor, I would consider presenting the timeline according to AM and team. I would start with statements that AM offered or made without being asked, followed by when he was replying to questions asked.
He had a moderately good plan to make it look like he wasn't there, except that 1) he opened his mouth and 2) he didn't realize that PM had hit record.
If it wasn't for that recording, the prosecution's case would need more help. With it, AM had to readjust and squirm.

Precisely! He thought he could do whatever he wanted in any situation. I wonder how he acted as a child, whether he was ever held to account/disciplined by his parents or teachers. This kind of person doesn't just appear one day from nowhere.
Exactly. It sounds like this goes back generations. I would wager that Alec is not the first person dealing with addiction in this family. IMO the family structure indicates that also probably goes back generations.

. Maggie Murdaugh’s Estate consists of various personal and real property, including the approximately 1,700-acre property located in Colleton County and in Hampton County (“Moselle”), an interest in a home on Edisto Island held jointly with Alex Murdaugh, and other assets of significant value. The Receivers believe Maggie Murdaugh’s assets are valued in the millions of dollars.

Let's hope some of he Victims get monies from the sale of those properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500