Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize up front if the answer to my question is in a previous posting - but can someone please tell me EXACTLY where this dumpster was located??????

Maybe this where the decrepancy is coming in the experts,some cadaver trainers are training just with decomp and some are training for decomp and blood,just like any two trainers in alot of things,train differently.
Here's my question.... why didn't the scent dogs go to the dumpster? human cells are dropped off all over the place. If Haleigh was taken by a predator, her skin cells would have been picked up by a good scent dog.

All of this really rests on how well a dog and handler is trained. I know there are some dogs that are better then others. In theory they should all be perfect....but in the real world some mistakes are made.

you are so correct, the k9 teams are just another tool for le to use in the investigation. i am a retired k9 handler, for a fairly large municipal police dept. the teams that are assisting le could be certified by national standards, and i am willing to bet that decomp was in that dumpster. my k9 partner searched for 15 different types of explosives odor, but the humans in the bomb squad had to determine what it was and how to deal with it.

Well, that's the craziest thing I ever saw. Are these cadaver dogs or scent dogs? Geez!
just throwing this out there fwiw.... but since this is a volunteer organization there is most likely all types of search dogs and handlers so we would first have to know what type of search dogs all three are... of course media reported it as cadaver dogs but it could have been spotty reporting..:waitasec:

IF MC did something to hide HCs body, wouldn't water be the obvious choice?? Divers have been down around the dock, right?

Now THAT makes sense...except that they have had the cadaver dogs out before as far as I understand. It disturbs me that the dumpster wasn't checked the first time around, considering proximity and, hello, it's a dumpster.

I am a bit confused about how many dogs checked it and when too. Last night while watching they said that the area had been searched one previous time before. That was on HLN or JVM I can't remember. I thought maybe they were talking about the bloodhounds and not realizing that those dogs could not track decomp.

Do we really know how many cadaver dogs have searched that area and was it at the same time or different times?

just throwing this out there fwiw.... but since this is a volunteer organization there is most likely all types of search dogs and handlers so we would first have to know what type of search dogs all three are... of course media reported it as cadaver dogs but it could have been spotty reporting..:waitasec:
Media usually gets it wrong. I think we know that. I was watching it live yesterday, but didn't see any dogs. Just the ram shackling of the dumpster. It didn't mean anything to me in the long run. No body, no Haleigh. So she might still be out there somewhere.

in my opinion LE needs to have another presser and discuss this case!

Hi, Last night I still thought that the separating of blood cells that starts to occur immediately when the heart stops pumping was called decomposition.

Our articulate poster whose name I can't remember wrote in her first sentence that blood does not decompose but rather breaks down and joins with decomposition fluids.

I was wrong and appreciated her input. She had all the lingo down to where I think she knows her subject ;} It is one of the neat things about Forumdon, as we learn new things every day. Ya Baby!

xox

Did you get called out too?:) Anyway,I had a thought last night when dogs were searching for Haleigh in the dumpster and Crystal was talking to reporter,Chad was a number of feet behind her talking and laughing with someone.I found that odd behavior for a future father of her children.But,remember when they were searching for Caylee at Blanchard,KC's reaction compared to when Caylee was found?What if LE is watching for reactions in a major scene as yesterday?

Except it's not uncommon for cadaver dogs to hit on dumpsters because dumpsters are an effecient way to dispose of a body. Something like 70 percent of dumpsters in any given big city will have a cadaver dog hit. So if they did hit yesterday....who's body had been in there?

ITA about certified LE dogs.

That's a disgustingly high percentage.:eek: Makes me kinda glad that I've never been to a city.

I am just not impressed with how LE went into the dumpster and started throwing things around...literally. Am I wrong for thinking that could contaminate evidence? Maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was.:crazy:

You took the words right out of my mouth! No kidding, I think it is about time they say something..
Also, isn't it strange that cadaver dogs are back out today and seems there is no news around?

All LE are trained not to move a dead body until after it has been photographed and examined. So while still in the dumpster, they would have checked for odor, how the bag felt and other signs that it may contain human remains before moving it. When they lifted it, they would have been observing the weight. Then the bag would need to be removed from the dumpster so that the bag under it could be checked. My guess is that once those bags were thrown from the dumpster they will also be checked again, looking for any contents that might have decomp on it.

No disrespect was intended against Hayleigh. LE was just ruling out that the bag contained any remains, then going on to the next bag.

Oh no I didn't think they were disrespecting her. What you said is basically what my husband said too. I think the whole thing and watching it unfold just disturbed, as it should, in general. Thanks for the detail and response though I appreciate it!

They don't know what to say. LOL. They are as confused as the rest of us. Is there a thread about the car that was confiscated and is being held, but LE won't say who it belongs to? Going searching. BBL.

I apologize up front if the answer to my question is in a previous posting - but can someone please tell me EXACTLY where this dumpster was located??????
It is .2 mi from RC's camp, behind a fence, in the next neighborhood over. RC's camp is visible from it (minus the fence).

Here's my question.... why didn't the scent dogs go to the dumpster? human cells are dropped off all over the place. If Haleigh was taken by a predator, her skin cells would have been picked up by a good scent dog.

Bloodhounds would be tracking her specific body scent which would have changed signature/markers if her dead body was being moved versus her walking through the neighborhood. It is a totally different type of tracking. And the link I posted earlier discusses the aversion noncadaver dogs seem to have, which can repel them and/or make it appear that they have lost the trail they were tracking.

Did you get called out too?:) Anyway,I had a thought last night when dogs were searching for Haleigh in the dumpster and Crystal was talking to reporter,Chad was a number of feet behind her talking and laughing with someone.I found that odd behavior for a future father of her children.But,remember when they were searching for Caylee at Blanchard,KC's reaction compared to when Caylee was found?What if LE is watching for reactions in a major scene as yesterday?

LOL She was very nice about it, just really knew allot about a very soecilized subject ;}

ITA with you Winterrose that they could have been looking for a reaction. I would think if someone had put a body or something related to it in that dumpster, they would feel their own blood pumping hard in their chest while watching the search!

Bloodhounds would be tracking her specific body scent which would have changed signature/markers if her dead body was being moved versus her walking through the neighborhood. It is a totally different type of tracking. And the link I posted earlier discusses the aversion noncadaver dogs seem to have, which can repel them and/or make it appear that they have lost the trail they were tracking.
I understand that. So what are you saying? Haleigh was killed in the home thus the confusion for the scent dogs?

I would venture to guess that if LE is letting them on site and following up on their findings that this a verified and certified group of volunteers. Frequently these types of groups are made up mostly of retired or on their personal time officers that have done this on a professional level. I don't think this is like the psychic and her "cadaver dog", or like the gentleman in California that had a cadaver dog in training who called police repeatedly to tell them that his dog was indicating at a cement pad recently poured where one of the two missing girls lived. Turns out he was right, but he didn't have credentials so his tip was dismissed (IIRC).

I cannot find the search group the press is refering to this group as. I am assuming reporter number one got it wrong and everyone else is just repeating it. I have found a south georgia volunteer search group that does have cadaver dogs, and they are credentialed. Can't tell if it is them yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member