2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.....Lee told JB that the Ants were going to claim that ICA is nuts and that JB and the DT were manipulating her.

If ICA gets on the stand and tells a lie that GA molested her, he will be hurt so beyond belief and I worry about another attempt.....

He's the least of my worries. The only concern I have is that ICA gets convicted of murder 1 in spite of her family's help and lies to get her off.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/696/Competency-Stand-Trial.html
Competency to Stand Trial - The Competency Standard And Its Application, The Competency Assessment Process, Disposition Following Competency Determination, Psychotropic Medication In The Incompetency Process

Under Drope v. Missouri, 420 U.S. 162 (1975), and Pate v. Robinson, 383 U.S. 375 (1966), the court must conduct an inquiry into competence whenever a bona fide doubt is raised concerning the issue. Even after the criminal trial has commenced, the court must order a competency evaluation when reasonable grounds emerge to question the defendant's competence. If this does not occur even though a bona fide question of competence exists, any resulting conviction will violate due process.

Quote BBM

IS talking about ICA "insisting on testifying". IMO if that was the issue it would explain her acting happy today...Such as the 3 shrinks found her competant and now her attitude is "See, I told you 'm not nuts and I know what I'm doing and these doctors confirm that I'm right!"

I think there's a battle going on between Baez(Casey) and Mason. Baez wants Casey to take the stand and Mason doesn't. Mason tried to do it legally and hoped it would work but it failed.

IMO, after today's results, Casey will be taking the stand.

Mason is the one with experience and had probably seen a lot of people get crossed by both JA and LDB and he knows that it will end up looking like hamburger (in a bag)

JB being younger and less experienced is probably very excited about all the extra publicity it would get him and his ongoing telemundo interview for a tv show.

that is so funny - it's almost unkind. And prejudicial.

And ... I'm betting ... 60 seconds until it lands in someone's siggy. oh dear.

28367254_320X180.jpg

Remember the Christmas movie "Elf." She reminds me of one of Santa's elves working in the toy shop. :)

If Casey is allowed to testify, IMO she would try to take as many people down with her as she possibly could. She has scores to settle, and of course, it is everyone else's fault that she is where she is.

In the hallway: Sgt. John Allen and private investigator Dominic Case by oscaseyanthony

Tell me something - if she is INSISTING and her DT doesnt want her to, what are they obligated to ask her once she is up there? Has there ever been a situation like that where an attorney refuses to 'question' the defendant/witness?

Excellent question. Since ICA has a right to testify, I imagine she would not need questions from any attorney. She could just bring a sack lunch to the stand, and hold court until she drops, sort of like Jimmy Stewart's marathon Congressional address in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." :crazy:

Except that JP, I presume, could enforce a time limit on her. Otherwise, she could hold up proceedings for days by reading the Orlando phone book. :maddening:

Particularly since she wrote in her testimony that she was the last person to see her child when she dropped her off on the steps of the Nanny. I believe she has not changed that testimony to date.

Sure Baez went sideways in his OS, but ICA's own statement is the same one she wrote on July 16th.

That's one thing I will say about ICA...That's her story and she is sticking to it.

I really feel for the jurors - for many reasons, actually. Not the least of which is having to be subjected to JB's questioning. But I'm speaking specifically about them being sequestered and away from their homes and loves ones. BUT, I'm so glad they are. If any of them accidentally heard any of these talking heads babbling on relentlessly about ICA's competency, it might be disastrous.

And speaking of JB's questioning. Gad, I've never seen a more disjointed presentation of a case in my life. He's all over the place. Jumping from topic to topic - witness to witness. With no continuity what so ever. It's mind numbing.

bbm

If I might add...I think JB's presentation and questioning has been a big "waste", also.

Both, in a way. She completely believes that she can successfully lie to anyone, at any time, about anything! Also, as she lies, she knows they are lies at the beginning but after living the lies, it becomes her reality. She believes her own lies, I am certain.

Aqua

If she had believed her own lies she would have shown up at Universal to try to go to work. Has anyone heard that this happened? :dunno:

almost 1:30

Are JA and JB arguing about how far this testimony can go before the jury get back in 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member