jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #49 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
her own story is that she shot him and then he got really pizzed and lunged at her. She should have left that part of the story out...and just said from there she blacked out. But thankfully she didn't.

and I think that's why the DP will stand. She has testified that he was still alive when she started stabbing.

Hi, Anita, I'm glad you are back!! I have a question:

A lot of us here have gotten a really negative view of JA's mom and aunt. They often seem to be laughing and sneering, as if this trial was a joke.

But you and katiecoolady, who have seen them in person, have a totally different take on them. Are we just getting a misimpression from the snippets we see of them? What did you see?

MOO....as a mother of four, and grandmother of eleven, if one of them were on trial for anything I would be devastated and though I would be there for them, I would be sullen and most serious for the breaking of my heart. Jodi's mom and aunt seem to think this is a joke or that she is a celebrity.

Apologize in advance for not being able to find this myself ... Can anyone link me to a video of JM's opening statements? TIA!

Something I have wondered about since I first started reading here in January. What is with the weird mirroring thing? The lowering of her chair to make her appear smaller, I get that, even though they went so far overboard that it was obvious to everyone what they'd done. But what's with the clothing? First she matches one of her attorneys. Someone suggested that now she's mirroring JM, and it sure looks like she is. Each one of her outfits when she first got on the stand seemed to be sending some kind of message, but not just the simple "sweet, young, girlish, innocent Jodi." I mean she's talking about all this, uh, unusual (don't know what to call it) sex, and she thinks white is going to have some kind of subliminal effect? And what does dressing like your attorney mean?

To blend in at the Defense table IMO Good thing she didn't sit beside Nurmi :what: lol

Aaah, but the domestic violence expert is going to say, yes she said she could walk away -- but she couldn't! She thought she was doing things voluntarily -- but whe wasn't! She's a textbook case! Classic!

That's always assuming the DT is dumb enough to continue with the "battered woman" defense at this point. Not sure what else they have. Pretty sure it's too late for an insanity defense.

She just nixed the possibility of the jury believing the "couldn't leave" part of the battered woman defense.

She went up against Juan Martinez in a fearlessly aggressive manner. She didn't cower in the least, on the contrary, she's ballsy and bold and is prepared for battle with any opponent.

Not as ridiculous as her not just emailing him the digital photos and saving herself the 1000 mile drive or putting them on a USB key. And she calls herself a photographer.....geesh.

The lengths she goes to "return" things to men is straight out of the "How To Stalk Your Man" Guide.. Version 1.0

She will drive 600 miles return the empty Taco Bell cup they left in her car Knock Knock "oh hi Ryan, you left this in my car"

I know we are broken up, but I shall visit Travis V Alexander each and everyday to see if a girl comes over. If one does, then I shall add her to my GPS coordinates and stalk her too and write her scary letters with things glued in them.

And what do her mom and dad think, she is just on another road trip?

Jodi says on the stand she took road trips all the time from the moment she started driving. YES AND WE KNOW WHY NOW!

But i'm sure her stalking started in pre-school only she could take the school bus and find her victims in their little class room playing with wooden blocks or in the sand box.. I can see her skipping around the sand box with her hands behind her back, circling a 4 year old giving her the stink eye because she got too close to little Johnny during nap time.

I keep imagining JM (ushering the family out first, then) going through each and every injury JA inflicted on Travis... one . at . a . time. From his throat to his defensive wounds.

He probably won't, since she claims no memory of any of it (except for knowing she acted in self defense and taking extreme measures to cover up this murder she doesn't remember).

I hope he goes through every single action she took immediately after the murder (yes, I call it that), from deleting photos to running the dishwasher, trying to destroy blood evidence and perhaps the camera with bleach, running the dishwasher, checking her VM from the house (think I heard that?) and going from there.

What clothes she wore. Did she change out of the bloody ones in the bathroom (seems she would have had to-another point for premeditation)? If she doesn't remember - when did she notice she was wearing clothes that mysteriously appeared on her body? Where did she put the bloody clothes - they existed no matter what she did/didn't remember.

There is so much I hope JM asks her - probably just like most if not all of us here. :)

I heard that since JA changes her attire in court each day to produce desired effects... She will be wearing a nun's habit on Monday...

Is this true?

:waitasec:

Does anyone remember Eddie Haskell (sp) from 'Leave it to Beaver' days? Since watching these trial even ol' Eddie doesen't seem so benign anymore. :what:

You know....
Thinking through yesterday's testimony - the part where Jodi claims it was ok to confront Travis's about other women even after they broke up because he was sill courting her and she wanted to know where she stood.

And yet she testified days earlier that when Travis exhibited the same or similar reaction to her dating other men, his reaction is supposed to be seen as controlling and jealous and malicious. Wasn't she courting HIM? By the same token she clearly defined as acceptable, didn't he deserve to exhibit such reaction because she was still courting him and he wasn't sure where he stood??

IS is reporting the defense has filed in supreme court today for an "interlocking stay". Meaning they dont think this should be a death penalty trial.

It met with a swift rejection :rocker: http://www.azfamily.com/news/arias-seeks-death-penalty-stay-court-rejects--192568061.html

Arias seeks death penalty stay, court rejects

PHOENIX (AP) -- Jodi Arias' effort to get the death penalty option in her murder case temporarily set aside was met Friday with a swift rejection from the Arizona Supreme Court in a one-sentence response denying the motion filed just hours earlier.(more at link)

The way she described vaginal sex as vanilla leads me to believe she knows a bit about the sex industry imo

I find it so odd that she uses the term "courting".

:wave: For Newbies learning to navigate the forum:

How to get to other threads on this case:

-Scroll down on this page to Forum Jump
-See where it is highlighted on Travis Alexander - The State vs. Jodi Arias
-Hit Go to be taken to a list of threads on this case

Welcome to all New Members! Nice to have you here.

Dang I learn something new every day. I have been here awhile and didnt know that neat tip. Thank you.

I do remember that . . . .

I think she did say something about bringing up taking pics of TA to show off his new physique and buff body for the Cancun trip. . . . .this seemed to cheer him up (or get him in a better mood).
Strange that they were hanging out in his office after all the sexcapades - she remembered to give him the pictures on disc that she had been carrying around in her briefcase and they were scratched. He threw the disc @ the wall - bouncing and bouncing onto her head as she lay on the floor.

She had showered but he hadn't showered yet? . . . . then he wants to go have pictures taken of him in the shower? . . . . He hated that picture that she snapped of him looking straight @ the camera in the shower (testified to early on) . . . . when did TA actually see this picture? . . . . during the 3 minutes it took to stab him 27 times, nearly decapitate him, and shoot him in the head - dragging him back to the shower, washing him off and then deleting all the pictures?

ITA!! The thing that gets me is, a good majority of the "shower" pics were NOT of his abs....bizarre that a good number were of his head and neck!!

Sorry, no offense, but I didn't really see any 6 pack on Travis.
Seems like she was throwing THAT in there because Ryan mentioned during HIS testimony that SHE was pretty STRONG and had a "six pack".
This is probably gonna come in as poor Jodi couldn't POSSIBLY have been a threat to newly "buff" Travis with a "6 pack".

Unless the roommates corroborate that they all pitched in to pay Jodi to clean the whole house...

Did we ever hear that?

If she ever cleaned anything, she did it to SNOOP

I thought I read on the police report from Det. Flores that Travis and his roommates cleaned up after themselves...so i'm with you....I don't think she cleaned the house and I believe you are right about the snooping!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland