Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shotgun used
Shaved head to not leave hair behind

Nothing shows he had contact with anyone in family

He went to great lengths to prepare to take her

To me, if they know this, they have something, his computer, his phone, his plans written out in detail, etc... When he shaved head and so on.... There is more to it than we know...

in the press conference the sherriff stated that he shaved his head to avoid leaving evidence at the closs home, but I've seen photos of him from 2015 where he had a shaved head...according to the press conference they also said hes been targeting her but they didnt say how he knew about her

I think his shaved head in 2015 was when he was 18, and possibly going off to boot camp. Maybe, maybe not. JMO

I'm wondering if Mr. Closs heard a car or some noise outside and was looking out the window or heading to the door to investigate when the perp shot through the door. The dad was found near the door, but it's not as if the perp knocked first, as we now know. I think he was looking for something he heard outside.

The perp clearly planned this out. So creepy to think of that.

jmo
I think the parents were shot as Patterson was leaving. I think he shot the door in, walked through looking for Jayme, held the parents at bay with the gun. Denise called 911 and he shot them as he left. The police were there within a few minutes of the 911 call, but now I'm inclined to believe the neighbors did hear a shot and that shot was the shooting in of the door.

It's unlikely that any details will be released about anything such as sexual assault. It may be said she was sexually assaulted but it's VERY unlikely anything else will be reported aside that.

Usually the only time details come out is once someone like this is 18+ THEY may choose to put it out there (via interview or book, etc.)
If they are confident that they can convict on the murder and kidnapping charges; they may not press on the SA charges, to spare Jayme having to testify. On the SA LE, prosecutor, and family will discuss that decision. SA charges can be put on the table later if necessary or wanted.

Casting doubt on the theory she knew or would even want to know this guy. There's just something about him which screams basement dwelling 'incel'.
Can't get a girlfriend, still thinks he's owed a pretty young virgin he can train to be obedient to him, the older a woman is, the more independent she likely is; so he grabs a young teen to achieve his goal of the perfect 'waifu', killing her parents because they're in the way and how else is she supposed to learn to be completely reliant on him if they're around, etc.
I've read some really disgusting incel fantasies and it could be that the kidnapper decided to make his own fantasies a reality.

Jayme's bravery is something else, she deserves so much credit. I wish her nothing but good for her future, bless her. I honestly hope the full strength of the law is used to put that piece of scum behind bars forever.
Woman who Jayme ran to for help is being interviewed on Local Mpls. Channel 5. She says she initially did not ask Jayme any questions. Her goal was first to get Jayme to safety.
Good for the neighbour, how great is that! She knew to get Jayme (and herself!) to safety and that the questions could wait.

IMO, LE is going to need to be more forthcoming with info. The truth is that the public has been at risk for the past few months. They need to reveal the connection to the Closs family at the very least. As happy as the locals are that she is safe, I see the public getting angry pretty quickly. And I wouldn’t blame them. (Maybe this will come in time...I hope so).
I don't think they know the connection yet. If there even was one. There are evil people that do evil things all the time.

I lived in the ECA (Eau Claire Acres) for over 7 years. These 'cabins' are lived in by few folks who are permanent residents but the vast majority are tourists from Barron, Chetek, the Twin Cities, Chicago. Barron has deep roots in the Gordon area however. I knew a group of 5 bear hunters that the only time they showed up at their cabin in the ECA was for fishing twice a year or running bears with dogs in the fall. They close up the place after bear hunting & you don't see them again til spring. It doesn't surprise me that this guy thought it possible to stay under the radar up in Gordon. Not at all.
This is all true for the entire region. Good thing, though, that there were at least a couple of year-rounders very close by!

It turns out that one of the adults in the home Jayme was taken to for help was one of her middle school teachers. More clarification to come per ABC Channel 5 News.

I believe she had been the teacher of the suspect, not Jayme. I believe the interview I saw said something about her teaching him middle school science.

I think the parents were shot as Patterson was leaving. I think he shot the door in, walked through looking for Jayme, held the parents at bay with the gun. Denise called 911 and he shot them as he left. The police were there within a few minutes of the 911 call, but now I'm inclined to believe the neighbors did hear a shot and that shot was the shooting in of the door.
Anything is possible at this point. Joseph Duncan had the whole family in a room before he started killing

She escaped the home when perp was not in the home. Appears he was out looking for her.

And while facts can be fluid and change, this morning, the Douglas Co. Sheriff said it did not appear he was out looking for her. But maybe that is just erring to the side of caution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanyanns