CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he brought the tote into the condo under the guise that they were going to look for a Christmas tree and he needed the room in the truck bed for the tree?

Him going to the house ~12:45, meeting her with flowers, and quickly going to Walmart 12:54-1:17-- and then returning and getting into the house, that absolutely could be something to consider.

To have a scenario, and to have a sweater over your face and to smell candles, that would take a little bit of time to get in the mood for that. IMHO.

I believe it was the Tresa Sievers case, that *Jimmy the hammer* and his friend came over to Teresa's house ( from Missouri to Florida) covered her head with a pillowcase before bludgeoning her so that there would be less of a mess.

Am I remembering that correctly?

Yes, but most importantly, a living person is required to send text messages.

Kelsey was dead, and although her phone sent those text messages, she did not.

I was pointing out the distinction, which you have again missed.

Kelsey didn’t send that text, just like KK’s phone was not in Colorado on the 22nd (as was stated last night).

I don’t want people being repeatedly mislead again, by factually incorrect information.
I never suggested KB sent the text messages and I believe you know that.

CB received a text from KB’s phone, not KB herself.

That was “late Thanksgiving night,” when Kelsey had likely been dead for several hours.

Returning her gun was important to his rouse, as he apparently wanted it to appear that KK had gone off and killed herself.
BBM. I don't think that is the relevance of the gun at this point. I think he sent the text about the gun as evidence that they were done as a couple and she was leaving town. And that PF no longer had the gun.

The text said she went shooting? Now that’s interesting....why would PF text that?

Sounds like another example of him pulling in random elements from potential plots that don't work together.

One possible scenario was KB is depressed, gets her gun back and kills herself. He's made it clear to CB that KB has her gun back, has ammo, is firing it (at the range).

Of course, that plot only would have worked if KB's body turned up with her gun, but as I said, I think PF was just tossing random stuff out there with no rhyme or reason - just anything that might stick or at least mislead LE.

I mean, he told CB that KB wanted to be left alone to work things out. They've agreed to part ways. She wanted her things (keys and gun) back. But then she suddenly texts him a couple days later asking if he even loves her?

Possible, but that text would have worked better with a 'KB is depressed and commits suicide' or 'KB is depressed and runs away and leaves her kid behind' scenario. It doesn't sound right coming from a woman who has been living a separate life from her 'fiancee' for a long time and has finally decided the relationship is over.

FWIW, he may have known about Terri Ackerman, a Colorado woman who has been missing since last August. There's a WS thread on it - LE seems to be at a deadend. He may have thought it would be easier to make KB appear to 'disappear'.

Last edited:
No, I did not see a time stated for the ENT bank video, but just the date 11/22. The Pros wanted to point out the black tote in the bed of PF truck.

(I think PF went to Walmart and the bank knowing he would be captured on video with the baby/carrier to support his alibi for the time of the murder. The Pros would not help him with that by giving the time? but they gave the Walmart time 1254-1317 which conflicts slightly with PF,KB flowers and baby at KB door "around 1 PM." I trust the timeline will all be nailed down, eventually. This is like a giant puzzle, with moving parts, in 3D. JMO)
He could of withdrawn money to send KKL on her Vegas trip or a 100 other reasons he thought Kelsey owed him for.

You make a great point. KB's gun ended up with KK, not PF. He also told CB directly that he was also returning KB's keys and, iirc, the house keys were missing. I wonder if the keys were recovered with a search warrant and where.

If he robbed the papers on the Nov 22, then the charge re robbery would be understandable. I never thought, it would be the phone/purse, but something very important (child or papers), IF at all "robbery" took place.
I think the robbery charge will get dismissed. The prosecution is trying to keep it there for purpose of death penalty and leverage. But I think the case there is weak. The public defender will try to remove it on a motion before too long I suspect.

Kelsey was dead, and although her phone sent those text messages, she did not.
this
that's the problem with phone evidence.
your phone...your messages...your pings...…
doesn't factually mean phone and person are joined at the hip at any moment in time.

they were aware the phones were an issue.
hence the burners.
hence taking kelseys phone for a drive to Idaho.

where does the hiding and game playing start and stop???
the word of a proven liar?

there has to be compelling evidence OTHER than the phones.
think that's all been released because its obvious.

the DA has the goods. but its not what they have released in my humble opinion.
think we are gunna be blown away when it all comes out.
just how stupid the pair of them were.

If that were the case, wouldn't she be indicated as the petitioner and he as the respondent? I thought they said it was initiated by him.
Maybe, the papers at SF's place were PF's, because you are right: the content would be totally different of course and the petitioner would be him. IF there ever were custody papers, written by KB, and robbed by PF, then maybe they were useful to feed the bonfire in front of the F-home.

this
that's the problem with phone evidence.
your phone...your messages...your pings...…
doesn't factually mean phone and person are joined at the hip at any moment in time.

they were aware the phones were an issue.
hence the burners.
hence taking kelseys phone for a drive to Idaho.

where does the hiding and game playing start and stop???
the word of a proven liar?

there has to be compelling evidence OTHER than the phones.
think that's all been released because its obvious.

the DA has the goods. but its not what they have released in my humble opinion.
think we are gunna be blown away when it all comes out.
just how stupid the pair of them were.
They had burner phones, and still royally screwed thus up.

KB and PF were having text and phone conversations, when their phones were in the same place.

When KB was already dead.

Just remember the Watts case, when we had a pretty clear picture of what happened, but the case was absolutely blown open by the detail of the discovery documents.

Those texts provided a ton of clarity.

And were absolutely damning.

I think this case is going to be like that, but on steroids.

Those phones are going to talk.

In another case that we followed, a lawyer who was a divorce lawyer was not allowed to speak at the trial because of client privilege. Even though the person was deceased. The Drew Peterson case. Would that apply here in the state of Colorado, and that is why the prosecution brought it up and wanted SF to testify perhaps?

I just thought it was very interesting that that was brought up at the preliminary, but it was not stated anywhere else. Almost like a shout out to the public to let us know if you know anything.

Your thoughts?

I just thought that the original poster had a very interesting outside the box, but not a conspiracy type of thought. It could be actually something.
Death of a client does not terminate the lawyer/client privilege. So if KB had retained an attorney that attorney could not testify about what they discussed or even that he had been retained by KB.

After @CarolAMcKinley broke news of a new landfill search Tuesday morning in the #KelseyBerreth case @PoliceWoodland issue press release with an “opportunity” to send cameras to the search area.

Clayton Sandell on Twitter

Who are our local drone operators? I can’t remember.
Calling @retiredrickyinCO. Will you be near Fountain, CO next week? :)

A few things-- I have been thinking today about the male DNA at KB's townhouse that was NOT PF!! First of all, u go girl. Second of all, I bet PF was so jealous... that loser KK couldn't get enough of him, and KB was moving on from PF...

Even his solicitation plots weren’t all that well thought out though:

Just put something in her coffee.

Beat her to death with a pipe and throw her in the trash.

Beat her to death with a baseball bat outside her house.

He just did it himself, and executed a slightly better version of the previously abandoned plots that KK was supposed to carry out.

Still botched.

I have found the 2nd/3rd solicitations peculiar. Just how in the world did KK think that would end up? No witnesses? Nobody calling the cops? Nobody noticing the vehicle she emerged from/got back into? Nobody catching the tags? Really? She drove close to 1,000 miles to attempt to do THAT, not once, but twice? Did she plan on slapping the handcuffs on herself afterwards as well?

Oh, he was very very Sly. He just said that his brother appeared later. He did not give a time that I saw.

Can somebody refresh me of what department and City he works for, and where KKL did her interview when she was brought in? I can't remember.

I just thought it was so interesting that when law enforcement finally got in touch with PF, he was with his estranged brother. *cough*

And he was later with his estranged brother. *cough*

I thought they were estranged?

And KK was interviewed for the plea deal, at the Police premises, where the 'estranged brother' works.
MOO.

Last edited:
I agree and have from the beginning, he could of done away with baby K and said Kelsey showed up and took her.

I often think about Josh Powell who blew up himself and his sons (after killing their mother) while the social worker banged on the door.

LE and KB would have had to worry about crazy Frazee killing himself and Baby K as he realized KK had spilled the beans.

Frustrating as it is to see the Rodeo Queen outside prison walls, I'm thankful Baby K is alive and doing what babies do with her grandmother.

I have found the 2nd/3rd solicitations peculiar. Just how in the world did KK think that would end up? No witnesses? Nobody calling the cops? Nobody noticing the vehicle she emerged from/got back into? Nobody catching the tags? Really? She drove close to 1,000 miles to attempt to do THAT, not once, but twice? Did she plan on slapping the handcuffs on herself afterwards as well?
Exactly. That’s just complete insanity.

Just hit her on the back of the head, there won’t be much blood, toss her in a dumpster, and just walk away.

Ok.

Re surveillance and someone, who picked up a package:
Adams says there was no video/photos to show Kenney entered Berreth’s townhome. He says a utilities worker & a friend of Frazee’s showed up on surveillance. Adams said the friend was there to pick up a package. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
State now questioning again. The neighbor’s surveillance is through Arlo. Neighbor has the free plan, which has 7 days of storage. Arlo uses a motion sensor to alert the owner. Owner gets an email & quick snapshot of it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
Adams says the neighbor surveillance quality was somewhat grainy. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
What happened in the condo to need a utility worker ? If his presence was to fix something at the condo . Utility worker could be electrical, water / trash,cable or gas. Or was it someone known to the friend of PF that picked up a package and he just stopped to shoot the s****!
Edited
added cable

Last edited:
They had burner phones, and still royally screwed thus up.

KB and PF were having text and phone conversations, when their phones were in the same place.

When KB was already dead.

Just remember the Watts case, when we had a pretty clear picture of what happened, but the case was absolutely blown open by the detail of the discovery documents.

Those texts provided a ton of clarity.

And were absolutely damning.

I think this case is going to be like that, but on steroids.

Those phones are going to talk.
Agree -!do most people know you can get the contents of text messages including the pictures ? I know this from litigation - of course the owner of an account can get the phone numbers of every call and text for all phones on their account - google those numbers and they may lead to the identity even without a search warrant- IMO I think PF admitted he killed her and maybe even admitted where he took the remains via text and/email - its possible IMO
ETA spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member