DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, only six victims were unidentified and only six people remain missing.

The article below includes quotes from a granddaughter of one missing woman and a man who wrote a book about the fire.

Circus fire’s lingering mystery: DNA may solve woman’s quest to find out her grandmother’s fate

“Clearly someone saw Fifield’s burned body at the armory and thought it matched who they were looking for, and they claimed the wrong body,” Skidgell said. “I think this happened several times, which is why after the bodies were all claimed they were left with six unidentified bodies and six missing persons but they didn’t match up, of course.”

168 people died in this tragedy. The tragedy sadly feels forgotten IMO. I hope they enlist this man's help.
Extracting a viable sample will be the toughest part for sure. Documentation could be very abundant for all we know.

Apparently, only six victims were unidentified and only six people remain missing.

The article below includes quotes from a granddaughter of one missing woman and a man who wrote a book about the fire.

Circus fire’s lingering mystery: DNA may solve woman’s quest to find out her grandmother’s fate

“Clearly someone saw Fifield’s burned body at the armory and thought it matched who they were looking for, and they claimed the wrong body,” Skidgell said. “I think this happened several times, which is why after the bodies were all claimed they were left with six unidentified bodies and six missing persons but they didn’t match up, of course.”

168 people died in this tragedy. The tragedy sadly feels forgotten IMO. I hope they enlist this man's help.
Extracting a viable sample will be the toughest part for sure. Documentation could be very abundant for all we know.
I’m almost afraid of what additional questions an identification now might bring up. I feel like she may be right in that the final “figures” just happened to match up. I am certainly anxious about this one(s)!

So, check this out. The Hartford Circus Fire has a dedicated internet page with troves of information.
The Hartford Circus Fire ~ July 6, 1944
If you want to see the graphic images, including these two women's burned remains, the password is 1565.
BTW, is there a thread on these Does ?
Thanks for the link! I had it saved in my notes but never realized it required a password lol!

I found this one...

CT - CT - Little Miss 1565 & the Hartford Circus Fire, 1944

They have a new case!
1996 Trabuco Canyon John Doe of California UP 7686
He is undergoing sequencing. This is practically a child! The age estimate is 14 - 25.
Cases like this are all kinds of sad. This is their second case from this county, Tracey Hobson was Anaheim Jane Doe.
Colleen lives in this county so I'm hopeful that this will lead to more cases being solved this way, they have like 80 something UIDs.

Last edited:
Updates:
Allegan County John Doe has a new top match of 224.7 cM.
Kenosha John Doe has a new top match of 102.9 cM.

Barron County John Doe from 2017 has a top match of 101.9 cM.
Nation River Lady has a top match of 49.5 cM.

It's been a while since I have had time to read the updates here (JJ Vallow & Tylee Ryan case is keeping me super busy). Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread updated!
I'm linking all the threads I can find for the new cases below.

They have a new case from Kentucky, Grant County John Doe from 1989. This was a homicide victim.
There is also an update on Apache Junction Jane Doe. They need help so they released some information.

Grant County John Doe 1989: KY - KY - Grant Co., WhtMale UP86, 30-39, GSW, hands cut off, in barn, Apr'89

Apache Junction Jane Doe: AZ - AZ - Apache Junction, HispFem UP6349, 16-18, in desert near Hwy 60, Aug'92

New Case!
New case is listed on their website. Delafield John Doe 1977, or UP7632.

Delafield John Doe 1977: WI - WI - Delafield, WhtMale UP7632, 17-30, MVA, car stolen in Gurnee, IL, Sep'77

Small Update:
New Case listed on Facebook: 1988 Grays Harbor County Jane Doe (UP12855)
Barron County 2017 Doe is now in the GedMatch system.

Grays Harbor Co Jane Doe 1988: WA - WA - Elma, AsianFem 330UFWA, 25-40, gold earring w/ 5 blue sapphires, Oct'88

Barron County John Doe 2017: WI - WI - Barron Co, Skeletal Remains found in Woodlot, Maple Grove, 3 Dec 2017

They have a new case!
1996 Trabuco Canyon John Doe of California UP 7686
He is undergoing sequencing. This is practically a child! The age estimate is 14 - 25.
Cases like this are all kinds of sad. This is their second case from this county, Tracey Hobson was Anaheim Jane Doe.
Colleen lives in this county so I'm hopeful that this will lead to more cases being solved this way, they have like 80 something UIDs.

Trabuco Canyon John Doe 1996: CA - CA - Orange Co., WhtMale Skeletal 190UMCA, 15-19, in Trabuco Canyon, Dec'96

Updates:
Allegan County John Doe has a new top match of 224.7 cM.
Kenosha John Doe has a new top match of 102.9 cM.

Barron County John Doe from 2017 has a top match of 101.9 cM.
Nation River Lady has a top match of 49.5 cM.

Allegan County John Doe: MI - MI - Allegan Co, Male, 18-99, Maxilla w/teeth, Shore of Lake Michigan, Saugatuck, July 2014

Kenosha John Doe: WI - WI - Kenosha Co., Male UP4762, 39-60, mustache, tattooed forearm, Aug'93

Nation River Lady: CANADA - Canada - Casselman, Ont, 'Nation River Lady' WhtFem 239UFON, 25-50, May'75

They have a new case!
1985 Mowry Ave Jane Doe (CA) NamUs #UP53306 at lab for extraction.

Mowry Ave Jane Doe 1985: CA - CA - Newark "Mowry Ave Jane Doe" WhtFem UP53306 <40, Oct 85

Jefferson Co John Doe 2019: TN - TN - Jefferson Co, Body in a Bag, Douglas Lake, Dandridge, Mar 2019

(I'm excited about this last one as it's a thread I started. It's hard to believe that "Gerald" hasn't been identified yet. I hope DNA Doe Project has success in IDing all of their cases).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes