ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, @TooMuchGun,95 and Palouse are the boundaries LE asked for and there is that one traffic camera - easy enough to see the make/model maybe, but not the plate - and then once Palouse becomes Sand, there's just nothing... except that it'll take you the long way back to Pullman interestingly enough imo

I have a keypad lock on my door. When I enter the code, it makes a whirring noise to let me know it is working, That I have entered the correct code.
If I do not get it at the correct time, I have to start over.

It does not automatically lock. I have to twist a knob on the inside

And to lock the door from the outside, I press a logo and it makes a whirring noise to let me know it is working

Your lock has no noise to let you know it is working?
My keypad lock requires you to press a code, then the light turns green and you turn the lock and then, it makes a whirring noise that the lock is locked or unlocked. I also have keys in case of a power failure. On the inside, the lock is a standard deadbolt that you manually turn to lock it or unlock it. They keypad is only on the outside.

I hadn't heard of that - what's the source for it? The slider is on the second floor, opens onto the kitchen. I know that LE said they think he came in that way - but I hadn't heard there was an almost full palm print.

Anyone? Anyone got that link?
Photo in this post here by @otto

Just saw a clip a few seconds Long some girl said Ethan had words and it got heated then it cut off. I am going to see if I can watch the whole things. Things are getting interesting
We already knew that though didn't we? That was allegedly the reason why they were said to have left at 9pm.

@North_Idaho_Nony K just bought her SUV. Would she transfer her old tags to her new car or put a temporary tag in her back window? Would a temp tag be from the dealership? Just wondering how that works in Idaho. tia

In Idaho the license plate goes with the person not the car. So if she had a car prior to the Range Rover, her license plate would have followed her. Do we know if she had a car before for this plate to follow? Idk.

Source: Idaho DMV
Also I live here

I wonder if the killer knew about the dogs sleeping situation because that seemed awful lucky he was crated. If u don’t know this group and r watching the house u wouldn’t know she crates the dog at nite or hes not an issue. I just can't see someone watching the house and still wanting to execute the plan knowing she has a dog. Killer knew or perhaps thought K was away. She went home in a subaru and came back in a range. I think it's not as much about K as it is X,E,M and its perhaps slowing LEs efforts cuz majority of leads are about K. Just my op

I have been wondering since the information was released that the victims were "sleeping", how that could possibly be determined. Another websleuth poster pointed out that Apple watches can track sleep-- but then in that case, if all 4 victims were described as "sleeping" each would have had to have an Apple watch on, correct? One might assume that the victims were sleeping because of the late hour, or the alcohol consumption, but in reality just because people were found in bed it doesn't necessarily mean that they were asleep. MOO
JMO

I don’t believe we’ll ever know if any of the victims were asleep or not when attacked. Not even the killer himself would have known that. Being asleep and trying to sleep would look the same from a visual standpoint. But of course some may have been snoring but it’s highly unlikely they all were.

Some were killed in their bed. All were probably sleeping when the attack started. Not accurate that all four were killed in bed. Killed with a large knife, previously described as a hunting knife, wounds cannot be described as "puncture wounds."

"Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

On Thursday, Mabbutt told CBS News the students were killed with a "larger knife," expanding on the autopsy reports which concluded the four victims were stabbed to death.

According to Moscow police, the coroner said all four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault, police said."

“It was a pretty large knife so it’s really hard to call them puncture wounds."

Yes, but help me understand the point you are making, I might be missing it.

A large knife is subjective. 5 inch? 8 inch? 1 inch wide? Inch and a half wide? The new article I ( personally) was referencing earlier (not included in your list) said "tears" as opposed to "stabs". This still leaves the type of knife open to oh so many possibilities that all fit "large knife that tears" or large something that tears, but doesn't seem to slice. And this includes a whole lot of not combat, not kabar, not hunting knives, some of which are quite common. Fishing knives are common anywhere there is fishing. Duct knives and insulation knives are common anywhere there is house or building construction. Hori tori knives are common with a lot of gardeners.

It seems like people should not get stuck on the size of the knife or what LE asked about early in the case, but what kind of knife ( or other thing)would be large enough and of the style that can make those wounds. It might behoove people to also keep an eye out for someone who is missing his duct knife. Or fishing knife. Or Hori Tori knife. ;) The knife may have been used because it was what they had and was familiar and handy. JMO.

Even if it is glaringly obvious, 911 operators can not legally declare someone deceased and only certain individuals can call the coroner, who can call for an investigation into the circumstances causing death. There are no shortcuts.
Not disagreeing with that, but it does seem that dispatchers would have some way of cluing in responding officers that they're headed to the scene of a blood bath and not just someone who passed out. Even if the message is coded, or they just send multiple officers.

Why would someone target a house, building, apartment complex, certain address, etc
Charles Manson targeting the house at 10050 Cielo Drive, where music producer Terry Melcher had lived when Manson was introduced to him. Manson knew that Melcher was no longer there, but he sent his killing squad there to kill everyone on site.

I believe this is the verbiage from the article that SG got his info from.

'The grieving father paid for a copy of his daughter's death certificate, which included some of the details of her injuries – but he doesn't know whether his daughter or Mogen were the targets. "I have my own suspicions," he said. This appears further down in the report if you read the entire article. MO

And yes, the last person to be attacked could have had a chance to fight back if the killer was getting tired, and the injuries might not be as severe as the others.
On the other hand, the second person might well have the worst injuries.

First person is easy, especially if they're sleeping on their back. Knife to the heart or throat. Simple and quick. Except the second person wakes up. They fight back. Maybe try to roll off the far side of the bed. Now, it's not so easy to inflict that perfect wound on a moving target.

In the chemical, industrial, construction, biological, medical, emergency response, environmental, waste and tech businesses (electronics work done in "clean rooms"), a subset of workers wear what's called "Fully Suited Up" or "Full Body" PPE (personal protective equipment) that's intended to create an impermeable barrier between the skin and mucous membranes of the person wearing it and any contamination (liquids, chemicals, blood) they may come in contact with.

Donning and Doffing PPE

To Be Outfitted With the Full Body PPE Suit consists of the following steps called "Donning" the PPE:

(1) Putting on (which is called "donning" in the industry) a Tyvek suit that covers the entire body (head to toe, it is a one-piece garment you step into like a "onesie" for infants, that has a hood and booties -- only the face and hand areas have openings, and the hood is crimped around the face with elastic, not loose like a hoodie sweatshirt

(2) Then "donning" latex, rubber or nitrile gloves that are then tucked under the Tyvek sleeves at the wrist and duct-taped over to seal off the hands and wrists

(3) Then "donning" boots, shoes or rubber overbooties that can also be duct-taped to the Tyvek at the ankles, but don't have to be since the Tyvek suit's booties enclose the feet and slip inside any footwear

(4) Then "donning" goggles or safety glasses and a mask or respirator to cover up and protect the face

All these items including the Tyvek suit can be purchased at most building supply, construction supply, or home goods stores, and a supply of these "everyday" items for these industries that have millions of employees in the US are kept in stock at worksites where workers need full body protection from potential spills, exposures to chemicals, sprays, etc.

When the worker has completed the work that could have or did expose them to contamination, they then follow a reverse procedure to remove the PPE that is called "Doffing" in the industry.

Removing the Full Body PPE consists of the following steps called "Doffing" the PPE:

(1) Doffing the exterior boots/shoes with gloves still on

(2) Doffing the face coverings and gloves

(3) Doffing the Tyvek suit by 1st removing the hood and slowly & carefully rolling the Tyvek suit down around the arms, torso and then legs to feet towards the outside so that nothing on the outside of the suit gets on the person's clothing/skin

(4) Doffing the "inside out" Tyvek suit off the feet

(5) Wrapping the gloves and face coverings (if disposable) into the rolled up inside of the Tyvek suit

(6) Disposing of the PPE that has no outside contamination showing/being handled in a plastic bag, tying it off, and disposing in a designated PPE receptacle

So since anyone could have had familiarity with or access to this type of PPE in multiple industries all across the US, the killer(s) could have donned and doffed a Full Body Suit PPE in this manner just outside the entrance to the home, which would have prevented their DNA from being easily distributed around the crime scene, and would have prevented a bloody trail from being left outside the house.

All they had to do was "don" their PPE before entering and "doff" their PPE after the killings and take the rolled up PPE in a bag with them, and head for their "after the killings" location, and there would be no trace of the bloody mess or much DNA to speak of.

Just my opinion that these killings could have been committed in this "clean" manner that is well known in several industries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member