Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did police connect the three girls together to the one crime? They haven't even found Sarah Spiers yet.

Dorrough was very close to Sarah Spiers' age and that could be why she didn't hesitate to jump into a vehicle with him - good looking guy too.
I thought he was attractive too but didn't want to say, and the photos in the media are probably mug shots so not the most flattering. Probably a lot of women didn't turn him down. Someone should start a thread about dorrough, I'm really intrigued by the fact he found it hard to live with the guilt so much so that he ended his own life. It seems his killing spree (including attempted murder by running over with his car) happened around the turn of the century, except the one Unknown murder which very well could have been during those dark years for him. He seems to have changed his ways rather than escalating.
its shocking that he was connected to 2 murders and convicted of attempted murder, and only did a small amount of jail time. (Sentenced to 5 years but only served 1). I don't think he is the CSK personally due to the fact it's unlikely that he wasn't the killer of Sarah lee Davey and Rachel Campbell so that only leaves One more victim.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29862071/inside-the-dark-twisted-mind-of-a-serial-killer/

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/5db2ff7d9fb88ad450c7711d90050452

dna_yahoo.jpg

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/w...s-police-close-in-on-claremont-serial-killer/

And there are intriguing similarities between the Perth murders and the killing in Britain. Perth police have asked for DNA records of the British suspect and are reportedly preparing to fly to London to question him. But if he does turn out to be the elusive Claremont serial killer, it will raise serious questions about how he was able to slip through the net, given he had been arrested for a sex offence in Perth about six years ago and deported.

Mark Dixie, a pub chef, was arrested in June and charged with the murder of 18-year-old model
http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com...ws/comments/uk_link_in_wa_serial_murders/P70/

1. The first article was the 20 year anniversary. They all just rehashed what The Post said. None of them have a source, as in, their source is The Post.

2. BC claimed they got a DNA profile in 2008. Dixie was ruled out in 2006. The only possibility is they had a small profile which was enough to rule him out.

Yeah,like I said,police have DNA from other victim on the crime scenes because the perpetrator has left items from other crime scenes at the scene
It is more than likely an item from the rape scene
Do you have a source for this?

Crabstick NO evidence was taken from one scene & placed at another.

We were just discussing that police have DNA on multiple sites. Your saying they don't have perpetrators DNA. So exactly how do you think police have linked the crimes?
There is your source.

Do you have a source for this?

Do you have a source for that? How have the police linked Karrakatta rape with the other crime scene? Which police have confirmed.

How do you know that there was no crime scene transfer? Dont tell me you are in contact with police. I wont believe you. And they wont be giving you their info.

And all the talk about Dorough. If they have DNA, they have already cleared him. Dont even bother with that conversation. Hes a no show.

Crabstick NO evidence was taken from one scene & placed at another.

Police have linked three murders together. How did the police link the three crimes? Anyone?

Police have a rape that they have linked to the three murders. How did police link the rape to the murders? Anyone? Anyone?

We were just discussing that police have DNA on multiple sites. Your saying they don't have perpetrators DNA. So exactly how do you think police have linked the crimes?
There is your source.
1. You said this:

Police have DNA from other victim on the crime scenes because the perpetrator has left items from other crime scenes at the scene

It's frustrating that even after being caught out fabricating things you just go straight back and do it again.

2. I have never claimed they don't have DNA (apart from pre-2004). I have only said we can't be certain yet that they have DNA and offered up a list of reasons why there is a reasonable chance they don't have it. I have been very clear and consistent on this.

Please don't misrepresent my comments.

Do you have a source for that? How have the police linked Karrakatta rape with the other crime scene? Which police have confirmed.

How do you know that there was no crime scene transfer? Dont tell me you are in contact with police. I wont believe you. And they wont be giving you their info.
You made the initial statement that the CSK left tangibles from one crime scene at another. Clearly you made this up.

Please just stop.

And all the talk about Dorough. If they have DNA, they have already cleared him. Dont even bother with that conversation. Hes a no show.
Emphasis on the IF. Until we have some better proof that they have DNA, all POI's remain in the mix.

Police have linked three murders together. How did the police link the three crimes? Anyone?

Police have a rape that they have linked to the three murders. How did police link the rape to the murders? Anyone? Anyone?

You are incorrect. Police have not linked the rape to all three, they linked it to CG's murder, then other factors if a non forensic nature have connected the other crimes.

A forensic link does not automatically mean it's DNA, it could be a multitude of different things, fingerprints, clothing fibers, ligature, tape, any other type of transfer/contact evidence.

I am also very skeptical that police have a DNA profile of the offender, this is based on a number of different reasons.

Before I provide you with a response it's only fair that I point out to you why no one has answered you on this previously; it's because you are single handedly wrecking the thread and no one wants to talk to you. I could not answer myself, but I know you'll end up being the only one posting here (because it's happened before).

1. All 3 abductions from the same area
2. All 3 girls were reasonably similar in appearance
3. All 3 girls went missing between 12am and 2am ish on weekend nights, or nights when Conti/Club were busy
4. 2 of the girls were trying to get home, the other one probably was too
5. All 3 happened on the perimeter of Claremont
6. It has been reported that the 2 bodies recovered both had their throats cut
7. Both of these girls were dumped in similar locations

1. Even though Macro may have communicated the cases are linked (can anyone confirm whether police have confirmed or is it another BC article?) it doesn't necessarily mean it's true
2. Could be DNA
3. Could be some other forensic link
4. Could just be a hunch

PS please stop with the patronising tone because you are in no position to do so

Before I provide you with a response it's only fair that I point out to you why no one has answered you on this previously; it's because you are single handedly wrecking the thread and no one wants to talk to you. I could not answer myself, but I know you'll end up being the only one posting here (because it's happened before)...

Amen.

Sorry to put the entire onus on Bart and other posters who've tried to handle the issue, but I'm at my wits' end with the misinformation and confusing implications.

-----

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. --Charles Dickens

...Dorrough had bitten her many times - forensic dentistry matched his teeth to bite marks on her body. He used a knife - stabbed her various times. He also attempted to strangle her...

Snipped. One of the reasons why I don't consider Dorrough a POI is because of his proclivity for biting. Guys who like to bite, like to bite. I don't believe any of the the CSK victims were bitten.

I'll still talk to you CS.

The way i see it there is no single thing that links all 4 (5) cases and because of that you have to look at all the pieces and find a trend as opposed to focussing on any particular aspect.
For instance, of the crimes surrounding this case, 3 of the 5 ( i say 5 because imo the taxi attack on the Claremont woman is the work of the CSK although there are probably more) are linked to the possible use of a taxi, those being, the Claremont woman attacked whilst in a taxi and then the believed intentions of SS and CG on the nights they went missing, throw in the taxi spotted by the bricklayer and the overwhelming indication is that the use of a taxi is highly likely. Not definite, but highly possible
Weve been told that Karra and CG are linked somehow, if this is true, we can assume the offender has access to a van for sure and quite possibly a taxi too.
The last case is that of JR, because we dont know her intentions its impossible to say she got into a taxi, but the way she was disposed of strongly suggests the work of whoever took CG.

Then throw in the basics like appearance, geography etc. its a no brainer.
Problem is, none of it would stand up, its all speculation based on probability and most likely why no arrest has ever been made.

Put it this way, not that a makes the slightest bit of difference, but i've discussed this case with people who had never heard of the CSK before, i outlined the basics of the individual cases and all of them came to the conclusion that a taxi was quite likely involved and that it was more than likely the work of 2 people.

Thats how i see it anyway.

Makes very good sense. Id are say if the person 'borrowed' vehicles they could commit a crime then hand the car back Tuesday and not have a skerrick of DNA in their own vehicle they supposedly are so fond with.

I don't give any credence to intelligence of the perp. Its the delusion they live. If a girl hadn't escaped from Birnies, we may never have found them.

csk_car_clean.jpg

Debi, Marshall, 2007. The Devil's Garden: The Claremont Serial Killings. 2nd ed. Australia: Random House.

Interesting they mention motive.
dna_yahoo.jpg

The way i see it there is no single thing that links all 4 (5) cases and because of that you have to look at all the pieces and find a trend as opposed to focussing on any particular aspect.
For instance, of the crimes surrounding this case, 3 of the 5 ( i say 5 because imo the taxi attack on the Claremont woman is the work of the CSK although there are probably more) are linked to the possible use of a taxi, those being, the Claremont woman attacked whilst in a taxi and then the believed intentions of SS and CG on the nights they went missing, throw in the taxi spotted by the bricklayer and the overwhelming indication is that the use of a taxi is highly likely. Not definite, but highly possible
Weve been told that Karra and CG are linked somehow, if this is true, we can assume the offender has access to a van for sure and quite possibly a taxi too.
The last case is that of JR, because we dont know her intentions its impossible to say she got into a taxi, but the way she was disposed of strongly suggests the work of whoever took CG.

Then throw in the basics like appearance, geography etc. its a no brainer.
Problem is, none of it would stand up, its all speculation based on probability and most likely why no arrest has ever been made.

Put it this way, not that a makes the slightest bit of difference, but i've discussed this case with people who had never heard of the CSK before, i outlined the basics of the individual cases and all of them came to the conclusion that a taxi was quite likely involved and that it was more than likely the work of 2 people.

I see it the work of two people too, at least in the Sarah case. A driver and someone in the rear section of a station wagon under a blanket.
Girl gets in back. Perp leaps over seat from under tarp and strangles victim. Or, someone follows the victim to the circling fake cab and gets in with victim as a share cab.
This is speculation for the sticklers even though it is clearly stated in the signature below. Part of the issue, I think, is there was quite a bit of fake cab business going on.

Im still not discounting someone had a backyard panel and paint shed with multiple cars they may have bought and sold.

Right. So you continuously state stuff as fact under the guise you have some inside knowledge. Then you admit it's pure speculation but in that very same post you again state certain people have been ruled out.

Any chance you can stop making out you're in the know because we all know you aren't.

Sorry. I will stop if you wish but I do know. They have no one for this, IMO :) That is. From deducing, not a direct comment; they have noone. The Plod do not give out much, but I am not dumb. Anyways back to it; He left Australia. But if he was with someone (hard to say if so) Then that bloke may still be here . Barth they have no one. But maybe they; the D`s are just profusing that they have DNA in order for the CSK to start again in order to catch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname