AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most articles I found today mention she was found in woodland, before it was remote desert area. I'm not familiar with the area, do you think it's just a wrong detail they added?

And they never see anyone from the household removing anything, either. If they did so, how did all the cameras miss it? She was obviously removed from the house by someone. If you believe the dogs alerted in the house and were accurately alerting on the location a dead body once lay, you must also believe that the body was removed by someone at some point. Yet, no one is seeing that on the footage we know about. How was she removed from the house and by whom without being seen by cameras? Did the cameras just miss it? What else did they miss, if that's the case?

That's exactly what I was thinking, nobody is seen near her window but nobody is seen going out of the house. Nobody mentioned seeing the family's cars moving either.
Maybe the cameras weren't always working, didn't record everything, something happened and it's weird they didn't record anything at all.

Just revisited the poll re: Isabel Celis case to refresh my recollection of how I voted in the survey that I submitted. I had a difficult time deciding then, as I do even now, whether Isabel was murdered or the victim of an accident in her home that was covered up by her parents. Now that Isabel's remains have been recovered, I hope there will be an arrest and charges filed in the case. Rest in peace, beautiful girl :rose:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?173262-What-happened-to-Isabel-Celis/page5

Hi there sweet friend.

My opinion early on has not changed. I do believe the suspect may have known Isa but I did not believe then and still do not believe either Celis' parent was involved whatsoever.

I think it is someone who had been in the home before and knew the layout very well including where Isa's room was located who did this. I am praying that the person who gave the TPD the location to Isa's remains will tell everything they know and have held secret for a long time.

Isa deserves justice and all who love her.

Didnt they lift fingerprints off of the window sill area? I cant get your link to work but how far away were the cameras and was the Celis' home at the back lit up like it was daylight all during that time?I looked again this morning at the screen laying on the ground and it looks like to me it was prized up with a small flat screwdriver from the outside. Its bent outward which would be consistent with the screen being compromised from the outside. We dont bend our screens but we do prize them up gently with a small flat head screwdriver to get them out to clean the window. Its much faster than going all over the inside of our home and lifting them up by the inside tabs.

From everything I recall the TPD has been consistent on this being an abduction so if they believe that..no matter if its not on camera she was abducted out of her home by someone. Were the cameras fixed and only showed the back of their home constantly? It doesnt take but a few minutes to get a child out of their home. We have seen many cases where children were abducted right out of their home and no one heard or saw a thing.

Oh let me ask you something else please. Is the Uncle/cousin's alibi only substantiated by his friend who said he was with him? I was just wondering if the friend knew a lot more and no longer can live with it and it may have been him who tipped of the TPD where Isa's remains were located.

TIA

I'm so glad you're following this case OBE. You are one of my favorite posters!!

Sorry for posting again...but the cameras didn't record anyone removing the window screen, how is that possible? Someone must have done it. Even if that was done from inside it would be seen on the video I guess.

And they never see anyone from the household removing anything, either. If they did so, how did all the cameras miss it? She was obviously removed from the house by someone. If you believe the dogs alerted in the house and were accurately alerting on the location a dead body once lay, you must also believe that the body was removed by someone at some point. Yet, no one is seeing that on the footage we know about. How was she removed from the house and by whom without being seen by cameras? Did the cameras just miss it? What else did they miss, if that's the case?

I have been trying to find verification that a cadaver dog hit inside of Isa's bedroom. All I see in multiple reports was that two different kind of dogs were brought in. One a cadaver dog and one was a scent trailing dog, iirc. Was it ever confirmed in one of the police reports that have been published that it was the cadaver dog who hit instead of the scent trailing dog. I thought I remember something about them trailing a scent down some alley over two blocks away but that may be wrong.

You are absolutely right. TPD said Isa had been abducted from her home so someone got her out of her home whether the cameras showed it or not.

IMO

I'm so glad you're following this case OBE. You are one of my favorite posters!!

Aww what a nice compliment, and I thank you so very much. You are also one of my favs Soulsad.

I am hoping and praying justice for little Isa is coming soon.

IMO

attachment.php
for oceanblueeyes

Fairly early in the case it became clear the police were thinking it was not an "abduction" per se, but perhaps someone inside the family. It's been my opinion all along this wasn't a case of a stranger abduction and whatever happened to Isa happened inside her home and not by a random stranger coming in to get her through her window. I believe she was likely deceased before she was taken out of the home and I believe her death was to cover up a crime committed on her.

Police aren't going to arrest anyone until there's enough evidence that the DA feels comfortable taking to a jury. The state only gets one bite of the proverbial apple, and if they blow it they don't get a do over. No one wants to see a killer walking around free, but even worse would be if a killer walks free forever because there wasn't enough evidence to convince a jury to convict and then that person or persons can never be tried again.
I agree with you. I reviewed the case and threads over the weekend, concerning sweet, beautiful, Isa.

I'm wondering about the details of the CPS visits/investigations. I feel there was molestation (or, obviously other forms of abuse) occurring in the house. Maybe she was asked to sleep in her room because the brothers wanted to stay up later playing video games. The abuser entered her room some time during the night. *shudder* Possibly Isa made a loud noise or something, and the abuser killed her by accident*, and the cover-up ensued from there.

*I have a very hard time calling a death during abuse an accident, but I think technically that's what it is. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Can Isabel's family members go to the site where her remains were found?

According to Lisa Solis, an employee at Moore’s Security Solutions, Sergio Celis went in and asked if the store had surveillance shortly after Isa disappeared.

“From the very beginning Sergio Celis, the missing girl’s father, suspected the business across the street just might have surveillance.

“He came in asked about it,” Solis said, just days after his daughter went missing.

“So I did burn this copy – it was originally for him,” Solis said. “But we kept it and never released it to anybody until now.

As soon as Sergio left, authorities came to the business with some very pointed questions about Sergio.

"They were watching him, that's for sure because they knew exactly (where he was) and they wanted to know what I told him - and I told him nothing,” Solis said.

When Rick Moore, the owner of Moore Security Services, was a guest on Nancy Grace’s Show on April 27, 2012, he told her the Police contacted them about 8:30 am Saturday morning and they spent the next few days at the business reviewing the videos.

“LE had us record the information for them on a USB drive. We furnished them with all the information that was stored on the hard drive, on our digital recorder. They took it with them. Moore later confirmed that the Police have the original videos.”

In May 13, 2016, Tucson News Now obtained the surveillance footage that was captured by Moore Security Solutions. In the nearly 10 hours of footage, they never saw any sign of Isabel. Even though it's from a distance, they claim they never saw anybody outside her bedroom window either.

Lisa Solis, an employee, said she held onto a copy of the footage for safe-keeping. The tapes show that at 2:36 a.m.,
a private security vehicle lights up the alley next to the Celis’s home. When they called that company, wanting to know what they saw, they promptly hung up.

About an hour before the 911 call, Solis said she saw a truck speeding around the corner and straight for a trash bin. "When I first saw that, my first fear was that they were going to find her in there. That was my first fear,” Solis said. Fortunately, that never happened, but it might explain the massive search at Los Reales landfill.

So what you observed, Rick, that morning around 8:00 AM, approximately 8:00 AM...

MOORE: Right.

GRACE: ... is Isabel`s father and his brother, which would be Isabel`s uncle, walking around in front of the Celis home.

MOORE: Nancy, that`s conjecture on my part. I think that`s who it was. The police didn`t want us to speculate about who that was.

GRACE: OK, great. You earlier -- I get it.

MOORE: We didn`t know Isabel`s father at the time.

The quality of Moore’s surveillance equipment is outstanding. The cameras work very well at night and allow you to see from a distance. You can clearly identify people and car models. You can also read license plates.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...eo-shows-celis-home-on-night-of-disappearance

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/27/ng.01.html

Well....I am just reading through the police reports and (no doubt as others have mentioned previously in one of the 25 previous threads!), the timeline goes as follows:

Becky braided Isa's hair. SG went into Isa's room and kissed her goodnight. He then went into the boys' room, where they were playing video games and told them to keep it down so as not to disturb Isa. SG then went into the livingroom to watch a prerecorded Diamondbacks game. He fell asleep on the couch. He woke up at 5:00. He went into the bedroom, where Becky awoke and asked him if he was just getting to bed. He said yes, that he had fallen asleep on the couch. Becky left for work around 7:30. SG got up around 8:00. He went to wake Isa up and found her bed empty.

That provides a pretty wide open unaccounted for period...between midnight and 5am. The fact that SG's wife asked if he was just getting to bed at 5am, on the night that their young daughter went missing, is concerning.

Check page 63 of 98 of the police document here for this timeline:

https://www.scribd.com/document/343663324/Tucson-Police-Department-Isabel-Celis-Report-1

Thanks, Snoopster, for refreshing our memories of the timeline of that night!

:seeya:

The cousin lived in an apartment on Broadway which was a few blocks from Celis' home. He immediately went to the Celis' home to search for Isabel when he was told she had disappeared just like Becky's parents did.

I have been trying to find verification that a cadaver dog hit inside of Isa's bedroom. All I see in multiple reports was that two different kind of dogs were brought in. One a cadaver dog and one was a scent trailing dog, iirc. Was it ever confirmed in one of the police reports that have been published that it was the cadaver dog who hit instead of the scent trailing dog. I thought I remember something about them trailing a scent down some alley over two blocks away but that may be wrong.

You are absolutely right. TPD said Isa had been abducted from her home so someone got her out of her home whether the cameras showed it or not.

IMO
One cadaver dog and one foreign scent dog
http://www.cbs5az.com/story/17687725/tucson-police-scaling-back-missing-girl-search

I was so very shocked to read of the discovery of Isabel's body after all this time. I was never sure what to believe as far as suspects, but didn't really think it was a random abduction. Given that the body wasn't found by chance, hopefully it is a matter of time before justice is served for that precious baby.

I haven't kept up with the case for a while and haven't had time to review threads. Does anyone recall off hand exactly who was in the Celis' house the night that Isabel disappeared? Mother, father, two brothers. Anyone else? Was the sometimes-boarder-uncle there at the time?

IIRC...

A poster suggested the body could have been taken through house door into the garage into a car...

And this would have not shown on a surveillance video....

Just a thought...:thinking:

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A community vigil will pay tribute to the life of Isabel Celis, whose remains were found recently, five years after she disappeared.

The event, which starts at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at 101 N. Stone, is not connected to the Celis family.

The 6-year-old girl vanished from her midtown home in 2012.

According to the event's Facebook page, the vigil is an opportunity for the community to collectively mourn Celis.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/community-vigil-will-honor-isabel-celis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member