Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it at all plausible someone put him there at a much later date? Or do you think no one would dare try? Maybe Blaze hasn't been there since Tuesday? Just brainstorming....

Interesting thought... seems a bit strange and risky given all the focus on that park recently, but it would explain why they couldn't find him before.

Then again, who knows how well the body was hidden? I think we may also take for granted how easy it would be to conduct a search like this.

Well, I sure don't think Blaze ran out into the wilderness or they would have found him in the wilderness. He was found in the park in some bushes. So, imo we heard more untruths either from the reporter or the driver/friend.

He was found in bushes surrounding​ the park. That can take in some pretty rough areas.

I don't think the father knew of BB's death when he posted that donation post. Because this morning, a family friend asks for someone to volunteer to collect a list of all the celebrities that have shared about BB being missing. She wanted to collect a list in hopes the media would keep this story alive.

have you ever done a search before? I have, several times. Believe me, they are extremely thorough. Do you know how long it takes to do a small area? I do- five miles long into the woods, 1/10 mile wide- several hours. We were arms length spread out. We combed every bit of ground and streams with a fine tooth comb- cigarette butts were collected, candy wrappers, pieces of cloth similar to the clothing of the victim. Do you know that every time someone finds a piece of evidence, the entire search team come to a complete stop, standing in complete silence, while evidence is marked and bagged?

Don't question their search, please. They found him, didn't they?

I didn't mean to offend but I think this is a very common question right now. I live in this area. I know someone on the SAR team (but have and will not discuss with him). I know the park. Yes, there's brush but it's also a pretty wide open park. What we don't know is what brush exactly he was found in and how far (if at all) into Whiting Ranch.

Truthfully, it was more of an exasperated, how did they miss him for so many days (or was his body placed there in the last day or so) more than really questioning their search.

I don't think the father knew of BB's death when he posted that donation post. Because this morning, a family friend asks for someone to volunteer to collect a list of all the celebrities that have shared about BB being missing. She wanted to collect a list in hopes the media would keep this story alive.

Especially since dad shared his post/update to the page from last night on his personal FB page only 4 hours ago.

I meant to say that the brush/bushes next to the groomed Park of Borrego and Whiting where I assume he was found are expansive. It is understandable why it took several days of searching.

Does anyone know why his friend Lily was removed as a admin from the page?

Interesting info from the mom:

Over the weekend, she found a note on his computer describing how important it was to be an optimist. Blaze, she said, managed his stress with school by cooking and writing.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story.html

I'm thinking Blaze was not interested in a pre-med route.

I found this interesting when I first read it also. It sounds like Blaze may have been trying to pep-talk himself, if that makes sense.

Oh I’m so saddened. I was so hopeful he would be found 😔

Especially since dad shared his post/update to the page from last night on his personal FB page only 4 hours ago.

The OCSD press release says the search was initiated at 2PM. It's possible they didn't find the body and positively ID it until well into the night or even early this morning. Family would have been notified after positive ID (I'm not well versed on this, but does it not require a family member positively ID'ing the body?? ... someone correct me if I'm wrong). That could all take time. I don't read it that his body was found AT 2:00.

OMG. NOO. I was only just telling our lovely JazzTune that I need to take a breather from this thread and I come back to this :(

I don't want to jump to conclusions but I said I didn't trust the friend (not saying it is the friend, just that I didn't feel he would be returning alive). But even so, seeing it as confirmed is devastating.

RIHeaven Blaze. The world is a whole lot less bright without you in it. :candle:

It could be data from the drone search that led investigators to find him...

Some thoughts. Could LE have called off the search in the park hoping someone would return BB to the park believing LE wouldn't go back there. Maybe he wasn't there the entire time. Devasted. Condolences to his family and friends.

Some thoughts. Could LE called have off the search in the park hoping someone would return BB to the park believing LE wouldn't go back there. Maybe he wasn't there the entire time. Devasted. Condolences to his family and friends.

They searched for 3 days! Even the SAR and Cadaver dogs didn't pick up on his scent.

I'm reading back posts from yesterday afternoon and someone posted that they were in that park on Sunday and it was "business as usual. Much hiking and cycling traffic..."

Makes No Sense. :(

The OCSD press release says the search was initiated at 2PM. It's possible they didn't find the body and positively ID it until well into the night or even early this morning. Family would have been notified after positive ID (I'm not well versed on this, but does it not require a family member positively ID'ing the body?? ... someone correct me if I'm wrong). That could all take time. I don't read it that his body was found AT 2:00.

My comment here is in agreement to the person I quoted that dad didn’t know last night ...and as I added or as of 7am his morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500