Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Windy, for being on "auto"
BTW- I want to say that I think alot of assumptions are being made as to FBI's involvement; how hey got there, jurisdiction, etc.. I think the reason has more to do with what evidence they have uncovered early on, and will involve Fed charges vs. State charges, imo
If this ends the way I fear, I like those federal charges even more.

IMO, the press conference was part of the deal to get the GPs to talk to LE. They would talk, but LE had to make sure that it was out there that they were cooperating.
Oh, I think they're just playing nice.

Please forigve me - I'm really tired and my brain hurts. But I just don't see where Casey is facing any federal charges - unless they find over state lines. Local murder is a state charge. Her not talking to the feds - well that's her fancy dancy atty's fault - HE's the one that says she meets with them or not.

Please tell me what your thoughts are on the federal charges?

I took a look at the FBI Crimes against Children page and it does say they get involved - but that they assist, and enhance the local authorities. As for actual charges it really doesn't say.

Help me

Casey wanted the FBI involved. I wonder if she and George have FBI connections?

Well we'd have to know what the Anthony's did the following day...

when did they wake up? Leave the house? For how long?

What about Casey's movements that day?

Sorry.... this whole crazy story is just TOO implausible for one brat AND 2 parents to be willing to try to get away with. IF the parents had any knowledge wouldn't they have come up with something halfway believable..... Casey's facing some MAJOR, MAJOR trouble from the Feds... not exactly the way parents 'help' protect their daughter.
this case reminds me of the feeling i got when the aruba/holloway [rip] case was unwinding. there were so many holes ,so much smoke and mirrors, i felt a coverup after only a few days. my heart ached for beth. she was so desperate to find natalee that she could not see the bigger picture. no one in this family was prepared for what was to come. this is why cindy seemed so crazy in the initial 911 call and then the days shortly after. right now cindy and george both seem stunned and truamatized. i'm sure when they try to go to sleep each night they ponder the thought that casey is guilty of something awful but still she is thier daughter and the instinct to protect her is even stronger now that the massive public wants to lynch her.

The FBI was involved prior to any "request"- it is protocal driven, based on evidence..

Please forigve me - I'm really tired and my brain hurts. But I just don't see where Casey is facing any federal charges - unless they find over state lines. Local murder is a state charge. Her not talking to the feds - well that's her fancy dancy atty's fault - HE's the one that says she meets with them or not.

Please tell me what your thoughts are on the federal charges?

I took a look at the FBI Crimes against Children page and it does say they get involved - but that they assist, and enhance the local authorities. As for actual charges it really doesn't say.

Help me

You got me.... I have no idea really & I'm probably more tired than YOU are. lol

I'm just thinking... even if the Feds are not in charge of the case... there MUST be a serious penalty for lying to them when they question you. At least, I HOPE they wouldn't just say, "Oh well, that Casey Anthony sure got one over on us, didn't she?" lol

Yea, but once they were involved - Casey won't talk to them. And I agree Blink - I knew they were involved probably by the end of Day 1.

If no one including Cindy or George ever reported Caylee missing...who really would have EVER realized she wasn't here anymore? Lee?! I wonder what lies they could have created to keep him at bay for years?

It truly is Cindy's fault that Casey is in jail for any of this. If she had never made that call and gone along with the program instead of being in a rage at Casey...we wouldn't be here right now.

NG is talking about a little girl that looks like Caylee wearing plaid shorts. What did I miss?

And Lee sounds like he is going to break...soon.

Stop and think about this. Casey may be wanting to tell what she knows. She may want to turn on CINDY. This may be why she is only willing to tell what she knows for the promise of not being prosecuted.
My opinion, George may not know as much as Cindy and Casey.

If Caylee's remains are not found by Casey confession, I fully expect this too happen..

If no one including Cindy or George ever reported Caylee missing...who really would have EVER realized she wasn't here anymore? Lee?! I wonder what lies they could have created to keep him at bay for years?

It truly is Cindy's fault that Casey is in jail for any of this. If she had never made that call and gone along with the program instead of being in a rage at Casey...we wouldn't be here right now.
Oh my Lord - if you are really right - then instead of just psycho Casey - that means we have three psychos. Poor poor Lee. But, then again, he was out on his own, own life, own job - not intricately involved in the family anymore.

Diane--

I keep missing that part of Geraldo, can you update me real quick, please?
It starts with a Geraldo v/o over still shots of the group sitting in a booth at Fusian. He says that the police are putting pressure on Casey's friends to give them proof of where they were at the time Caylee disappeared "hoping one of them will crack under the pressure and reveal who helped Casey in the disappearance of her daughter."

It cuts to a soundbite of George's interview outside the jail this morning - he says that Casey is broken-hearted and wants to be home for Caylee's birthday, not "two or three days later". [/delusion]

Cuts back to the studio. Judge Pirro says he's psychotic.

Geraldo throws it to Craig in Orlando. Craig stand-up intros the roll-in footage. He's been trying to get ahold of Tony for a couple of days, and Craig has spoken to him on the phone. They staked out Tony's apartment complex and spotted him leaving today. They followed him to a restaurant - can't tell which one.

Roll-in starts - Craig is shown walking beside Tony through a parking lot, asking him about his relationship with Casey. Bright sunlight, Tony is in a Tshirt and shades. He responds "Sir, I have no comment right now. Can I go get something to eat, please." Craig asks what it was like with her this past month, Tony again says "I have no comment, please."

Someone puts their hand across the camera lens in an attempt to block the shot. Tony says he gave a statement to the police.

Craig & camera follow him into the restaurant - he turns (still in shades), says "May I just eat in peace."

Craig says, "All you have to do is give me one minute."
Tony: "Sir, everything that I know -"
Craig: "Did you ever see the child?"
Tony: "Yeah." Looks over Craig's shoulder - "Are you the manager? This is not - I mean, I'm trying to eat. Please, can I just go."
Craig: "Why can't you just answer one question? This is a missing person - why can't you provide any help?"
Tony: "I've helped. I'm still talking to the police. I'm fully cooperating with the police."
Craig: "Are the police still talking to you?"
Tony: "Yes, sir."
Craig: "Did you pick up Casey Anthony from the financial center?"

Tony rolls his head and turns away.

Craig: "When she abandoned her car?"
Tony: "I have to go to the bathroom."

Camera tracks him as he walks around corner out of frame.

Back to Geraldo/Craig split-screen.
Geraldo: "Craig, you didn't follow him into the bathroom? You getting soft out there?"
Craig: "It's a one-man bathroom. I figured I'd give him his space."

They laugh. Geraldo asks Craig if he really is cooperating with the police, and Craig proceeds to say he isn't giving the police much - basing his statement on the arrest affidavit. [/assumption based on 3 week old info]

So there you have it.

NG's staff messed up badly is what happened. This is the description on the 911 call from Cindy describing what CASEY was wearing while sitting there in her house...NOT what Caylee was wearing.

What I think is that Casey may have been threatening to turn Cindy in. I have a post from the beginning of the case where I mused that possibly Cindy had set Casey up. She simply outsmarted Casey and set her up.

NG's staff messed up badly is what happened. This is the description on the 911 call from Cindy describing what CASEY was wearing while sitting there in her house...NOT what Caylee was wearing.

Oh and that is why I take NG with a grain of salt. SHe is hardly more than a video tabloid...at least she is finally admitting that she was initially wrong on the dates that she gave for some of the pictures of Casey.

Cindy said She heard Casey/girls in their bedroom that was on the 16th. There is no proof yet that were aware of, that makes that statement true.

The Anthony family Cindy, George and Casey were the last to see Caylee. No one has been able to demonstrate how Casey and Caylee got to the grandparents home nor how they left? Not even mention of mode of transportation. Per Cindy, Casey stole car, smells like a dead body and George driving a car away from a crime scene with the odor? The car never should have been removed from the tow location under those circumstances, LE should have been immediately called. Nor did they call until as Cindy said she does not lie and she is no murderer just stretches the truth? My daughter stole her own car? Then Cindy's question about DNA and sweat? There are too many fish in this tank with loose tails. Cindy also commented the car was not where it was suppose to be? Casey was suppose to be Knoxville but for how long?

Cindy said she made a video of Caylee on the 15th the day before but its not time stamped? There is no proof that were aware of, that lends that to be true. We have no knowledge of whether LE confirmed the visit with employee's on that date

George was never mentioned on either of those days?

Grandparents would be wise not to lie to the Fed's.

Were also not aware of, how long the running up of the credit cards by Casey was going on. Nor do we know if Casey had authorization to make purchases. Nor do we know how Cindy or George handled the felony theft. Was there any attempts of bilking the credit card co. we do not know?

LE has the evidence it will probably be released this week.

this case reminds me of the feeling i got when the aruba/holloway [rip] case was unwinding. there were so many holes ,so much smoke and mirrors, i felt a coverup after only a few days. my heart ached for beth. she was so desperate to find natalee that she could not see the bigger picture. no one in this family was prepared for what was to come. this is why cindy seemed so crazy in the initial 911 call and then the days shortly after. right now cindy and george both seem stunned and truamatized. i'm sure when they try to go to sleep each night they ponder the thought that casey is guilty of something awful but still she is thier daughter and the instinct to protect her is even stronger now that the massive public wants to lynch her.

The sad reality is no matter WHAT they do, they lose.

They support their daughter... they look suspicious.

They get tough with her.... they risk looking like cold-hearted parents AND they risk pushing Casey to NEVER tell them the truth.

They're a couple of regular people who have been caught up in one of THE craziest cases ever & they're trying to make sense of the unexplainable.

Plus their daughter has a lawyer who seems to be encouraging her to keep up her 'crazy' lies & obstruction for as long as possible.

Let's also remember, they were a day away from bailing her out.... something stopped that & I don't think it was money. IMO, that's when I first believed they were cooperating completely with LE & psychologists & anyone who was deciding the best way to get the truth from Casey.

The FBI was involved prior to any "request"- it is protocal driven, based on evidence..

Blink, I am aware of this, but my point is that she wanted them there. She refused to speak with LE. She was ASKING for them to be there. Makes me wonder if she was thinking that she had affiliates there, she could sweet talk them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57