GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always found it funny some people thought SW was worried about her "lifestyle" if her and CW got a divorce. It's not like Chris was a millionaire and Shanann was going to be distitute. LOL.
I have to admit I did think that at first. I thought SW might fear that all her current and future customers would think her lifestyle videos were a scam, but now that I know more, I do believe she had no sign or clue who the real CW was until after she went to North Carolina, and all those videos were her truth and reality at the time she posted them. I also believe SW had been so wronged and betrayed by CW, and she was so open and honest with everything in her life, her customers would have supported her transition into her new single life and stayed with her. God, I hate CW for what he did to her.

Oh, good catch! I wonder if he had stashed her phone and apple watch in there and grabbed them really quickly to take and hide in the house? I think he had plans to take SW's car out after work to make it look like she had left. JMO.
Whatever he grabbed, it looked to be something small, like a ring. Maybe he took the ring off her finger then hid it in the car before taking the bodies out.
(He definitely didn't want the police officer to find that thing in the car.)

He wasn't acting right from the moment he arrived at the house. NUA is there, police is there, all terribly concerned. He says nothing to them except 'how you doing' then goes right to the car.

Last edited:
Watching the 20/20 trailer, I see while little CeCe looked like Chris she also favors Grandma Sandra. God bless those poor parents. I read the posts on this board and watch the videos as a total stranger to them and I just want it to not be true. Almost like it's a movie and I want to change the ending or turn back time. I can't imagine how they are feeling. It must be magnified a billion times by what I feel.

Yes, what does it matter if she were controlling and he helped with the housework and the children? I cannot see the point of it, especially after he has pleaded guilty to all charges.
I don’t get it either, all the discussion about CW helping around the house and with the kids. I was a SAHM, we had 4 kids in 4 years, my husband helped with the kids and sometimes the housework, it’s called parenting. He was very hands on with our kids, he wanted to be involved.

Any theories on why Watts would have been dragging the body (presumably SW's) toward the front of the truck rather than just hoisting her into the truck bed? Seems risky to move into potential camera view!

Dave
There wasn't room in the truck bed.
Somewhere, there was a photo of the back of his truck, and it really didn't look like there would be room. That's what I think he was trying to do with all those trips around the truck on the video. I also wondered if he took all 3 of them out there at the same time, or had taken the girls earlier, before she even got home, given the changed time line.
D2D8886B-9CBD-4BA8-BC89-4771C361999C.jpeg

Yes, I can or how a woman can kill her husband.

Burning Bed for women is one example.

For a man, a woman like some cases we have seen on here.

Sadly, you have to live it, to believe it.
I do believe it. I just don't think it's easier to see how someone can kill their wife than their children. It's still murder.

This bothers me...I was astounded at the amount of info. being made available.

I know many will disagree w/me on this, but I do not believe this is a good thing. Doubt it will stop criminals (they rarely care about the outcome of their criminal activities), but it may dissuade potential witnesses from coming forward.
Yes, that, too! For sure. Blacking out their address and phone numbers won't be enough to make folks feel comfortable. I was relieved there were no autopsy photos as I was scrolling through.

Colorado has strong open records laws. The DA was obligated to release this material.
In this particular case, I'm glad. The Watts family can't twist the info to fit their narrative if the public has access to the source material. For instance, the neighbor with the surveillance video was an impartial party and still commented on CW "getting crazy" before the NC trip and the fact that CW acted suspiciously when shown the footage. They can't say it's pro-SW propaganda when strangers make their own observations.

At 23:00, notice NUA flinches, shakes her hand and backs away when CW goes to touch SW's phone while she is looking at it.

It looked like she thought CW was going to smack her hand. I recognize that reaction as one of immense fear that anyone who has ever been in a physically abusive relationship will show involuntarily to a raised hand. I don't know if that is in NUA's history, but it reveals how afraid she was of CW in that moment. Her ability to stay there in that house and not back down when her friend was missing shows great courage. She was terrified of CW because she knew what he did. Her fear and anguish at Shanann being missing and likely murdered by CW struck hard and it is written all over her face. NUA is so brave. She is a real hero. I pray she is healing from this and surrounded by loving friends. MOO.

Well, he said himself that Shanann took care of all the finances, cooked the meals, and took care of the girls when they were not in daycare. He did mow the lawn though!

He did at least do laundry some of the time (it's in videos and in the documents) Now I'm not at all saying that's a bad thing or that she did nothing. But it seems like he was an active parent picking them up from school, doing all those sorts of things (until he went murderous pyscho that is)

Watching the 20/20 trailer, I see while little CeCe looked like Chris she also favors Grandma Sandra. God bless those poor parents. I read the posts on this board and watch the videos as a total stranger to them and I just want it to not be true. Almost like it's a movie and I want to change the ending or turn back time. I can't imagine how they are feeling. It must be magnified a billion times by what I feel.
I know!! CeCe looks so much like SW's mom to me - especially her smile and when she would make that adorable face scrunch. It all makes me sad. Sooo full of life. :(

Whatever he grabbed, it looked to be something small, like a ring. Maybe he took the ring off her finger then hid in the car before taking the bodies out.

He wasn't acting right from the moment he arrived at the house. NUA is there, police is there, all terribly concerned. He says nothing to them except 'how you doing' then goes right to the car.
I wondered if the key to the house was in there at first, either that or something he didn't want them to see. Could be the ring, although I don't know why he wouldn't have taken it off upstairs.

I don’t get it either, all the discussion about CW helping around the house and with the kids. I was a SAHM, we had 4 kids in 4 years, my husband helped with the kids and sometimes the housework, it’s called parenting. He was very hands on with our kids, he wanted to be involved.

QFT. Reminds me of that Chris Rock bit where he chides those men who want major props for not being in jail, managing to feed their children, etc. For, in other words, “just doing the s*** you s’sposed to do!”

I think CW was done doing the s*** he was s’posed to do.

Colorado has strong open records laws. The DA was obligated to release this material.
But releasing and then publishing on an online source are 2 different things to me. I've seen this 2000~ page doc now on 2 sites. One is on "scribd.com" by a Matt Sebastian. Never heard of either the site, or Matt, and there are videos on YouTube and countless other sites. Unless I've missed it, it doesn't appear that we're all viewing these files on an official Colorado law site, or are they there, too? Is this the first time a major case like this has become so accessible in entirety to the public after it was considered closed?

This bothers me...I was astounded at the amount of info. being made available.

I know many will disagree w/me on this, but I do not believe this is a good thing. Doubt it will stop criminals (they rarely care about the outcome of their criminal activities), but it may dissuade potential witnesses from coming forward.

It's really strange to me. Not just the releases that embarrassed the mistress, but seeing the clothes Shanann died and was buried in feels so weird and like a creepy voyeuristic thing that shouldn't even be out there. I don't know if family has any say in it either. And they can't be releasing /all/ of the files. I'm sure there are post-mortem photos in police records but they draw the line somewhere.

We should be reluctant to be concerned with our country’s freedom of information laws. They are a bedrock of our general principles of freedom. There are plenty of places across the world that do not have these benefits and the governments of those places can be and are very secretive about things that the public should have a right to know.

NK may be mortified that her personal info is out there for the world to see. She should be happy she only wasted a few weeks of her life on this trash excuse for a man and survived to talk about it. Her life could have turned out far different and much worse.

Doesn’t Colorado have witness protection laws? I remember the detective mentioned the words to NK, but he said she didn’t fall under that umbrella. He also assured her they weren’t interested in her raunchy texts, only the texts between her and CW, and there would be little possibility that news about the case would travel outside of Colorado. ETA What about giving out everyone’s address and phone numbers? Couldn’t those have been redacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn