GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a fact that they are doing their job well, it's an opinion, so rather than say "don't seem to get" I would have said 'don't seem to agree' with that opinion.

In my opinion I would agree with you that they have techniques, but if those techniques are producing more lies about the way in which he killed Shanann and are hiding the (IMO) fact that he premeditated the whole thing, then it wasn't effective in this typical case of family annihilation. Chris Watts is no different from the others, even though they told him he was, IMO.

Instead of quoting me in a post to someone else, it would be better to use the reply function to my post, because that is the same as talking about someone while they are still in the room.

Now we are left with a murderer claiming he killed Shanann because she told him he wouldn't see the girls. It sullies her memory IMO. I believe he strangled her coldly, calculatedly and calmly with her pinned down while she was sleeping. I believe he used the same coldness and calculatedness with the girls in the truck, although theirs was a worse ordeal because they had the fear of being awake and knowing what he was doing. Whether Shanann told him after an earlier argument he would not see the girls is not relevant, because if he wanted to keep his girls he wouldn't have planned to also kill them. Had Bella not woken up I have no doubt he would have made the rounds to their bedrooms and also killed them while sleeping.

He took off Shanann's ring, he hid her phone, he put gas in the truck, he used the credit card, he sent the doll picture - why? Because he planned ahead, this wasn't done in a panicked half hour of madness and reaction before he left. He set his alarm to do this. IMO.

He sent calm texts to his colleagues from the site and took photos of sunflowers, why? because he was thinking, he was not in a panic.

As far as I'm concerned he planned this all in NC when he left that letter at his parent's house on August 6th (put up on another site that we are not allowed to link to but allowed to discuss) telling whomever it may concern that he would never do anything to harm his children or his wife. I've compared the handwriting and it matches his writing in my (inexpert but educated) opinion. His family did not take that letter to the police yet it is evidence out there in the world. Why they would not hand it over to investigators and investigators knew nothing about it at the earlier press conference shows me that his family knows it shows premeditation IMO.

I'm all for trying to understand killers but not for promoting their damaging lies. They should have left this to a psychiatric evaluation in due course IMO.

He said he put her ring on the bedside table to claim she left him and took the kids. How would he explain she didn't take her purse and car with car seats for the kids?

Good point. I don't think he though that out very well. I have always thought he grabbed that ring out of his truck when he first pulled up, (if they searched his truck he didn't want that in there!), and then he needed to get it out of his possession altogether, but he didn't have a lot of time to think it through, the cops were there. Seemed like he just wanted to prove he didn't have the ring on him/in his vehicle, that would look bad!

I believe CW's only thought about the SW's ring was to remember to take them off of her finger because he was going to sell them.

I just recall there was a discussion between CW and NK about selling SW's rings. MOO

In the cases we see in the news, peoples behavior, speech, mannerisms are often picked apart.
For some reason CW's family, even though they didn't kill anyone, are ok to bash, and certainly there is plenty of fodder there. But I saw the Dr. Phil piece, and I found it *interesting*. Sad but also...unusual. There is nothing wrong with noting that both families had issues. This was a terrible pairing. Like a perfect storm. imo. Only CW is to blame for the murders. Just saying I don't think these two families could have been any more ill suited to to one another.

Months ago, I was seeing the shadows that were pointed out by a YouTuber. But I wondered if the shadow could have been from NK handing one of the girls off to him. He was running out of time. From the dog hitting on the area under one of the girl's beds, I think Bella saw far more than any child should. She then ran to the bedroom and tried to hide. I still think he murdered them at the house.
But if NK was there where was her car? I am thinking. Maybe Chris called her to come over when Shananns plane was delayed. They lost track of time and Shanann caught them. Just throwing things out there I don't think this happened. Chris was so protective of NK tho. In the interrogation interviews (the one before he confessed).the detective had to remind him the subject was Shanann and not NK. IDK

I think he's just full of crap as usual and doesn't want to admit to being miserable inside. I mean, come on! For a guy who wanted hot cheap sex and freedom, look what he has now. Being inside a cell 23 hours a day must be almost like a living death and he deserves the utmost in humiliation and suffering. He should have NO RIGHTS at all.
Amen to that!

Just curious- would his lawyers have been notified in advance of this interview?

That's a good question. I don't know the answer, but the PD handled his case until his sentencing. Did their duties to him end at that point in time?

My understanding is it will be almost impossible for him to appeal, so is there any need for him to have a lawyer at this point in time?

JMO

But if NK was there where was her car? I am thinking. Maybe Chris called her to come over when Shananns plane was delayed. They lost track of time and Shanann caught them. Just throwing things out there I don't think this happened. Chris was so protective of NK tho. In the interrogation interviews (the one before he confessed).the detective had to remind him the subject was Shanann and not NK. IDK

JMO, I think if there was anything that indicated that NK was there, she would have been charged longed ago.

NK had an alibi - her couch surfing buddy Jim. Guarantee you that was confirmed by investigators.

It's not a fact that they are doing their job well, it's an opinion, so rather than say "don't seem to get" I would have said 'don't seem to agree' with that opinion.

In my opinion I would agree with you that they have techniques, but if those techniques are producing more lies about the way in which he killed Shanann and are hiding the (IMO) fact that he premeditated the whole thing, then it wasn't effective in this typical case of family annihilation. Chris Watts is no different from the others, even though they told him he was, IMO.

<modsnip telling others how to post>

Now we are left with a murderer claiming he killed Shanann because she told him he wouldn't see the girls. It sullies her memory IMO. I believe he strangled her coldly, calculatedly and calmly with her pinned down while she was sleeping. I believe he used the same coldness and calculatedness with the girls in the truck, although theirs was a worse ordeal because they had the fear of being awake and knowing what he was doing. Whether Shanann told him after an earlier argument he would not see the girls is not relevant, because if he wanted to keep his girls he wouldn't have planned to also kill them. Had Bella not woken up I have no doubt he would have made the rounds to their bedrooms and also killed them while sleeping.

He took off Shanann's ring, he hid her phone, he put gas in the truck, he used the credit card, he sent the doll picture - why? Because he planned ahead, this wasn't done in a panicked half hour of madness and reaction before he left. He set his alarm to do this. IMO.

He sent calm texts to his colleagues from the site and took photos of sunflowers, why? because he was thinking, he was not in a panic.

As far as I'm concerned he planned this all in NC when he left that letter at his parent's house on August 6th (put up on another site that we are not allowed to link to but allowed to discuss) telling whomever it may concern that he would never do anything to harm his children or his wife. I've compared the handwriting and it matches his writing in my (inexpert but educated) opinion. His family did not take that letter to the police yet it is evidence out there in the world. Why they would not hand it over to investigators and investigators knew nothing about it at the earlier press conference shows me that his family knows it shows premeditation IMO.

I'm all for trying to understand killers but not for promoting their damaging lies. They should have left this to a psychiatric evaluation in due course IMO.

I think the agents did their job very well and I don't believe they were "promoting" his damaging lies.

IMHO, the main goal of the interview was to clear Shanann's name and get Chris to admit that he killed the toddlers, and how he did it.

Sure CW told many self-serving lies in the interview, but that's because he's a liar and even if a psychiatrist had interviewed him and evaluated him, he'd still be telling lies.

Probably the only way anyone could get the whole truth out of CW would be to waterboard him or use other techniques of torture, which are not allowed.

The agents did the next best thing and I'm sure the R family are relieved that CW admitted to murdering those poor little girls and that Shanann was completely innocent.

IMO they had to deal with a monster and to get him to talk they had to stroke his ego and get him comfortable or he would have clammed up.

Most people know that CW had pre-planned the murders and that he's lying about snapping and killing his family in a fit of rage.

I think LE and the agents did a very good job of nailing Chris Watts. It must have been awful for them to sit and listen to his monstrous lies, whilst pretending to empathize with him. But they got one of the most important facts out of him, and that is his admission to murdering the toddlers and clearing Shanann's name once and for all.

moo

How could this story get even more horrifying? I do believe the baby girls were alive from that video as well. :(
This disgusting piece of fecal matter should be in the ground instead of those beautiful, happy, positive human beings. It disturbs me so much to view their photos, videos etc. They should still be alive!! He’s the sick SOB and yet he gets to live. It’s just too much.

This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

Looking it up (flower). I’d like to throw some purple in there somewhere for Shanann as well, she has a “purple vibe” to me too.

ETA: wow seeing a “gloriosa lily” too in shades of red and purple, wow, “womb”:

images

Source: michiganbulb.com

images

Source: dayliliesinaustralia.com.au

I wonder what Shanann’s favorite flower and colors were, anyone know?

I envision she loved red roses - for love.

Seems to me some of these premeditated murderers, think about killing for a while, but then end up doing a sporadic-type murder when something in their brains sets them off. It seems like that to me because CW didn't seem to know exactly what he was going to do with Shanann's body the day he did it.

But he was enraged, imo. Probably most of the time. In the video where S surprises him with the fact that she is pregnant again...he knows full well this intimate moment is likely being filmed for social media, so he recovers quickly, and acts the part of "happy man" , but you can see his jaw muscles working, clenching and un-clenching... for one example. I do believe he was simmering the whole time.

eta: In fact the look on his face when he he first sees her "oops we did it again" tee shirt, is so astonishingly like the look he has watching the footage of himself on the neighbors surveillance cam. Clear "deer in the headlights" moment imo and he fumbles quite obviously with his words at first as well...
I didn’t read it that way, maybe because our 4 kids are all a year apart and by #3 and #4 there was not much of an announcement, lol. Yes he definitely did say he doesn’t like being videoed, but throughout the five hour interview he repeatedly said I could still be with my wife, I could still be with my kids, he never said that I would’ve had a divorce, he said he was marriage was good prior to NK. I think those things were a nuisance but I don’t think they caused rage. Just like in prison where he seems quite content, he said he was ok with her running the show, he did not feel belittled.

Seems to me some of these premeditated murderers, think about killing for a while, but then end up doing a sporadic-type murder when something in their brains sets them off. It seems like that to me because CW didn't seem to know exactly what he was going to do with Shanann's body the day he did it.

In a way I see it similar to the crime that Jake Patterson committed. The kidnapping of Jayme Closs, and the murder of her parents, seemed to be very well thought out. It doesn't appear that he really had plans for JC once she was back at his house, however. The initial crime was planned down to the way he shaved his head and removed his license plate. I think it was the initial murder/kidnapping that excited him. Likewise, I think with CW the part that he was focused on was their deaths. His "plan", if he had one, may have been long-sighted. The short-sightedness of it, however, didn't seem to have a lot of thought put into it. ie. He could see himself moving on with his life, experimenting with NK and living the bachelorhood without any pesky kids or ex wife around, yet he didn't have a good plan for where to hide their bodies, what to tell people about their disappearances, etc. In both crimes I think fantasy played a big part, but the mundane details outside of the fantasies didn't figure in.

That's a good thing in the long run. Both of these men's lack of attention to detail is what enabled justice to be served rather quickly.

In the cases we see in the news, peoples behavior, speech, mannerisms are often picked apart.
For some reason CW's family, even though they didn't kill anyone, are ok to bash, and certainly there is plenty of fodder there. But I saw the Dr. Phil piece, and I found it *interesting*. Sad but also...unusual. There is nothing wrong with noting that both families had issues. This was a terrible pairing. Like a perfect storm. imo. Only CW is to blame for the murders. Just saying I don't think these two families could have been any more ill suited to to one another.

Another vicious rumor (CW was not Nico's father) spread by the CW fan club will be dispelled on Monday's Dr. Phil show. In this article, there's a video entitled, "Shanann Watts' family reacts to Chris' murder confession" and it is made clear that a medical report exists that CW was the father of Nico.
Shanann Watts' parents react to Chris Watts finally admitting what happened | Daily Mail Online

I find it appalling that the people who spent months spewing hatred and ignorant, vicious lies about Shanann all over the internet are suddenly silent. Where are the apologies for all of the disgusting accusations that MRS and other CW apologists made in furtherance of the Rzucek's already unimaginable pain? Now is the time for you to stand up and act like decent human beings, a$$holes!

MOO
I completely agree! The apologies from ALL those who slandered Shanann should be immediate, via every accessible public platform, and should include unambiguous statements of profound shame and regret for the viciousness. But so far, all I've heard from those camps is crickets... :(

Last edited:
bbm
I didn’t read it that way, maybe because our 4 kids are all a year apart and by #3 and #4 there was not much of an announcement, lol. Yes he definitely did say he doesn’t like being videoed, but throughout the five hour interview he repeatedly said I could still be with my wife, I could still be with my kids, he never said that I would’ve had a divorce, he said he was marriage was good prior to NK. I think those things were a nuisance but I don’t think they caused rage. Just like in prison where he seems quite content, he said he was ok with her running the show, he did not feel belittled.
I doubt anyone would be ok with the level of subjugation he subjected himself to. ( excepting, of course, those he was subjugating himself to), Even if he did say he was ok, his life was good ect...,) clearly he was not. He was quite obviously angry in the reveal vid and imo that was likely building up for quite while. jmoo

Does anyone else think CW basically recycled the same lie he was planning to use about his 'spiteful' wife taking his beloved daughters, never to be seen again, and turned it into the cause of his so-called 'rage'? CW even elaborated on that that by saying SW mentioned CO joint custody or maybe moving back to NC because she couldn't afford CO on her own. So how could that have enraged him exactly?

Well it certainly wasn't because he loved his babies so much. I think it was more about the impact that joint custody would have had on his relationship with NK. And if SW moved back to NC with the girls, then he would have been expected to follow.

Sure, he could have stayed in CO with NK, but NK said that she didn't want to be "THE" cause of his divorce. IF you believe NK meant that, then she most likely wouldn't have wanted to be the reason for him living in a different state from his kids.

IMO, the biggest red flag in the interview regarding NK was how she had asked CW to verify his identify via text and only after he had done so, asked him to delete his messages. She also supposedly asked him about 'Battery' but I'm not as convinced about that because CW consistently redirected any of the interviewers' questions that could have pointed to premeditation onto others.

I am convinced that CW was obsessed with NK and didn't want to lose her, which is what really drove him to murder. I don't think NK was infatuated to the same degree as CW because he mentioned how he had to "calm down" NK several times. When he elaborated, we found out he really meant that he had to talk her out of dumping him and not dating other guys.

So finally done with the interview. For supposedly having such a great memory, CW sure had a hard time keeping track of all his lies.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member