GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s my Name! I chose that for my first email address when internet was a baby because I lived in Florida, my name was Marlin, and it was a play on the Florida Marlins. not particularly a baseball fan, but over the years, I would state my name, in my thick Mississippi accent, and people couldn’t understand me. So, I would try to guess their interests and say, you know, like the baseball team, or the hunting rifle, or the big blue sailfish!
Lol. I guessed wrong. I thought for sure maybe I found a fellow baseball enthusiast. My husband is a Marlins (baseball) fanatic. That's funny. Yeah if you come from Mississippi, you are probably a Texans/ Astros or Braves fan, if you had to choose a state.

'The average flight time from Miami to Vietnam is 18 hours 52 minutes.'
( obviously she had the lay-over in Dubai)

anyway..... as she entered the airport she really thought that they were home free, after evading justice for 9 years already.

Around the day of verdict I posted : ' who thinks that DA & WA will visit Charlie in prison?'
Now I wonder if they have seen him at all since he was first arrested.

Also, how is the 1-way tickets plan spinnable for the two grand children this morning? Will Wendi keep telling them that the Markels are responsible?
People like Tova Walsh happy to still be her spox a decade later ( this week's 20-20 show) , I hope a local journalist asks her for comment today

Katie pressured them, even if she does not admit it. She wants that easy money. She will only admit to something that will make her look like more of an airhead/victim.
Yes, she knows much more than she admitted to. IMO. She thinks there is a chance she will get an appeal. I don't see her ever getting one. It still boggles my mind she didn't accept that immunity deal years ago. I would have sung like a canary. There is no price tag on freedom. IMO

i think she was trying to fly out of MIAMI. my guess is - Cuba, Mexico, Colombia, Qatar, Caymans, Brazil, Italy, Spain, Buenos Aires, Amsterdam, Turkey, Panama, Peru, Ecuador.
i think for sure they were leaving the country...I checked and there were no direct flights coming in from Italy at that hour....but probably many leaving. Clearly HA's life is ruined but don't think he will be arrested. No one really mentioned him much in testimony. As for Wendi not sure what they will do with her.

'The average flight time from Miami to Vietnam is 18 hours 52 minutes.'
( obviously she had the lay-over in Dubai)

anyway..... as she entered the airport she really thought that they were home free, after evading justice for 9 years already.

Around the day of verdict I posted : ' who thinks that DA & WA will visit Charlie in prison'
Now I wonder if they have seen him at all since he was first arrested.

Also, how is the 1-way tickets plan spinnable for the two grand children? Will Wendi keep telling them that the Markels are responsible.
People like Tova Walsh happy to still be her spox a decade later ( this week's 20-20 show) , I hope a local journalist asks her for comment today
I was wondering that as well. How do the grandchildren factor into all of this. The very same grandchildren whom she had plotted to have their father killed in order to be close to. Now, she was leaving them?? Wonder what WA planning to do now?

Definitely agree. Without the neighbor looking out the window, this crime may still be unsolved. He gave LE something to work with, and sometimes that is all it takes to connect the rest together. I do believe SG and LR got a little sloppy at the end. I believe they were under pressure to get it done that day, and they just got it done quickly hoping no one would see them.
who rents a car under their own name and address i order to commit a murder for hire. "little sloppy" does not being to describe these guys.

Last edited:
who rents a car under there own name and address i order to commit a murder for hire. "little sloppy" does not being to describe these guys.
I don't think they would have ever found that rental agreement if they hadn't exposed their crime in broad daylight. They would have never known to look for a rented prius.

reporter from the Tallahassee Democrat posting this morning that, “Donna Adelson was arrested at the Miami airport last night on charges of murder, conspiracy and solicitation, according to State Attorney Jack Campbell. She and her husband Harvey had bought one-way tickets to Vietnam, with a layover in Dubai.”

this is so perfect...such evidence of consciousness of guilt and no way ever for bond.

I was wondering that as well. How do the grandchildren factor into all of this. The very same grandchildren whom she had plotted to have their father killed in order to be close to. Now, she was leaving them?? Wonder what WA planning to do now?
'Doting' grannies, 'doting' mums & sisters..... so much for unconditional love huh?

OFC it can't be corroborated & the Markels have to be very sensitive ( they still want to have a relationship w Dan's sons in the future ) but the word on the various shows dedicated to this case is that the boys have been alienated by the Adelsons.

Also, at one point Charlie mentioned in the wiretaps that the Undercover might well be a PI hired by the Markels & because we've been told at least one of the boys communicating with Charlie in prison prior to trial, I can imagine Wendi & Co spinning a Markel conspiracy to the two boys. ( 'The Markels are the source of all our troubles, it's their fault')

But, I don't see how you can maintain that today. Wendi had to have told those boys earlier in the month that Grannie & Pops were only taking a long retirement trip/ vacation but the boys are going to see that they only bought 1 way tickets - how can they miss the news today/ internet?

Last edited:
There is evidence that HA was aware of some details of the murder and the bump. Hard to see how he can be charged, but he can be used as a pawn i.e sing like a canary and we'll drop any potential charges against you. Surely one of them out of WA, CA, DA and HA must have thought this hit was a bad idea. Why potentially ruin all their lives. If I was HA and had little involvment, I'd roll over on my wife and kids.

I don't see how you can maintain that today. Wendi had to have told those boys earlier in the month that Grannie & Pops were only taking a long retirement trip/ vacation but the boys are going to see that they only bought 1 way tickets
There have been so many lies told by the entire Adelson family, those kids must be completely confused.

wow!

Charlie also enjoyed holidaying in Nam in the past
( There's those clips online of his vacations enjoying spa pedicures)
I absolutely think this was CA's plan that Donna and Harvey took. He is the one that loves the Asian countries and women. I would bet they would have tried Israel, but for the war

Lol. I guessed wrong. I thought for sure maybe I found a fellow baseball enthusiast. My husband is a Marlins (baseball) fanatic. That's funny. Yeah if you come from Mississippi, you are probably a Texans/ Astros or Braves fan, if you had to choose a state.
I was a military brat growing up, lived all over the Southern US on military bases. At Ft. Campbell KY I played little league baseball and Johnny Bench from the Reds came on base to visit, meet the kids, and autograph pictures. Needless to say, from that point on, I was a Reds fan. My parents are both native Mississippians. Although I now live in Georgia, I was living in Tally when Dan was murdered. I lived in Florida, close to Tally, the longest period of my life..by far. It’s the closest place to a “hometown” I’ve ever had. So, I keep the “Florida_Marlin” moniker! I’ve followed this case since the day Dan was murdered. It’s way past time DA gets what’s coming to her. The arrogance of that evil family.

thank you, great info

(Jack) "Campbell, in a Tuesday interview with the Tallahassee Democrat, said investigators had the evidence needed to charge Donna Adelson but that her trip to the airport sped up their timeline.

"That's what forced our hand," Campbell said. "We started talking to some of our law enforcement partners about the complexities of trying to bring someone back from either Dubai or Vietnam. And that might be a very complicated and lengthy process. So that’s why we had to make a decision quickly."

Campbell added that Donna Adelson was in the process of trying to flee, which will be part of the state's evidence in its case against her. The United States does not have an extradition treaty with Vietnam.

Her arrest came less than 24 hours before a Leon County grand jury is scheduled to meet, though it's unclear if her case will be heard. All first-degree murder charges run through the grand jury."

Once Charlie got convicted the noose was tightening on Donna. But trying to flee??? Really? She just handed the state a huge piece of evidence - consciousness of guilt is an albatross for any defense! She didn’t think the FBI was watching her? Maybe not so tough after all cause this reeks of panic. Of course in public she will put on her tough facade but in private she’s freaking out!

I also think this is the end of the line. Wendi and Harvey will not be charged. JMO

Wow. Everuthing the Adelsons cherished: money and influence, is gone. Even if WA gets away with her involvement, her life is over. She will be a pariah and no one will want anything to do with her. Any money the Adelsons have left will go to attorneys and poor little Wendi will have to financially support herseld and children with no help from mom & dad. Was stayimg in Tally really worth it, Wendi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammy.was.low