Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

Checking in and sad to see Timothy has not been found yet.

Would love to know what the family think now. Im sure they will have received a lot of new information about Tims life, since they gave theinterviews.
Im surprised they havent done any recently, wondering if thats their call, or the media have lost interest.

Would love to know what the family think now. Im sure they will have received a lot of new information about Tims life, since they gave theinterviews.
Im surprised they havent done any recently, wondering if thats their call, or the media have lost interest.

:dunno:

Families with missing cases are so different it seems. Breezy and Riley case that just broke, the aunt was out there every day on an open Facebook page. And that Facebook page I believe help to break the case! This case and another one that is in Atlanta, the Jenna van gelderen case, the parents have not been in the media very much and have gone Underground. Each family handle something different, and I think some don't want things to be said negatively? I don't know.

But from cases I have followed, I would get everything out there and be at media and police headquarters every single day!

That said, I am not in either families shoes, so I'm not saying anything against the reasons or what they are doing.

Tim's friends have a Facebook for him, but it is extremely closed. They will only accept people that know Tim. It's not the normal missing persons Facebook page that people open for many cases we see here.

I found the identity of my birth father through DNA testing. A second cousin not related to my birth mother contacted me and we figured it out. Waiting for my half sibling to receive her results to confirm it absolutely. The information on DNA testing is only as good as how many people are in their database. It by no means excludes the paternal side. .

This says new details.. but the only thing new that I see is that are saying that his last text was "disturbing".. WHY aren't the parents elaborating? That's what makes me think it's suicide. And why wouldn't LE release the text?

---

"New details emerged early this week in the case of the missing U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corp commander who was working for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention missing for nearly two months.

The parents of Dr. Timothy Cunningham told the FOX News sister station in Cleveland their son provided a clue 24 hours before his disappearance.

They claimed they received a disturbing text from their son, but won't elaborate."

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/new-details-surrounding-missing-cdc-worker

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This says new details.. but the only thing new that I see is that are saying that his last text was "disturbing".. WHY aren't the parents elaborating? That's what makes me think it's suicide. And why wouldn't LE release the text?

---

"New details emerged early this week in the case of the missing U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corp commander who was working for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention missing for nearly two months.

The parents of Dr. Timothy Cunningham told the FOX News sister station in Cleveland their son provided a clue 24 hours before his disappearance.

They claimed they received a disturbing text from their son, but won't elaborate."

yeah thats absolutely nothing new...lazy reporting on their part for sure. tim sending the parents worrisome texts was literally one of the first things reported about this in the beginning nearly 2 months ago.

Why exactly were they talking to a Cleveland station? As far as I know, no close family lives there.

Why exactly were they talking to a Cleveland station? As far as I know, no close family lives there.

Hmmm...well, if it's a national story, they can get calls from reporters from anywhere. It's possible this was just one such call they took. However, I guess it could be some other angle that we don't know about. If he/his family never lived in Ohio, then could there be friends/work/leisure, etc. connections for Timothy there? Would there be a particular reason his family wanted that particular area to receive extra coverage?

:thinking:

Is there a reason the DNA keeps being brought up? Has someone seen evidence that there is a question about his parentage, siblings, etc? Why is it being discussed?

yeah thats absolutely nothing new...lazy reporting on their part for sure. tim sending the parents worrisome texts was literally one of the first things reported about this in the beginning nearly 2 months ago.

Just saying - but "I think I'm being followed" or "I came home and found the window open, and I don't remember opening it" would also be worrying, especially in retrospect. It would also make sense that if it was something like that, the police might not want it out there.

Interesting how we all interpret things differently, my first thoughts re disturbing texts, makes me think suicide or walking away from his job.
Otherwise i dont see why they wont say more about the contents.

Interesting how we all interpret things differently, my first thoughts re disturbing texts, makes me think suicide or walking away from his job.

and my first thoughts were neither about suicide or walking away from his job OR about windows being open at home. Yep yep, we all interpret things differently indeed. There are myriad things that could be considered "concerning" or "alarming" in re his last texts... IMO...

I continue to sit on my hands in Tim's case here and merely add my hope that answers come soon for all those connected to and concerned about Tim's well-being (or lack thereof).

Disturbing to me means something along the lines of (examples only) my boss said our department is being investigated, or so and so threatened me today, or I found out my neighbors have been stealing my mail, etc...
Disturbing is very different than concerning, or at least to me. Disturbing sounds with intention, concerning means unexpected?? lol now I think I'm overthinking it!
Tim sent a disturbing text...
Tim sent a concerning text...

Good point about how we all interpret this differently. I believe your thoughts regarding suicide, or something extremely personal, may very well be the reason family members are not sharing the contents of the texts.

In my opinion, they are trying to protect Timothy's privacy.

If they thought the public could be of actual help if given that information about the texts, then I believe his family would share it.

The fact that they're choosing not to do so, is in itself very telling, in my opinion...

JMO

Now u guys really have me thinking! I was thinking along the lines of suicidal/despondent texts, but I now see there are many other variables. Such good thoughts. Sure wish we could catch a break & get some news.

---

When I read the article 2 things occurred to me. First the parents do not know what happened (as has been suggested); otherwise they wouldn't continue to give interviews. Second it could be that talking to Cleveland is somehow relevant (or not.) :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinabina
Back