ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an illustration from the Daily Mail that might make it a bit easier to discern the timeline.

View attachment 392867

I fear he already had another victim or victim (s) to stalk possibly at the Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand he visited that day. MOO.
He probably has a list of women he stalked.
I knew a guy who admitted to stalking women he had a little Black Book took notes, drove past their houses, etc... a creepy guy.

I bet LE has seen on his devices how many times he Googled for information on the stabbings before the bodies were even discovered. He probably couldn't wait for it to hit the news. I think his curiosity got the better of him and that's why he drove back by the house at 9:30 the next morning to see if police were there yet. It's a dumb thing to do but he made a lot of dumb mistakes.
I’d just love to be a fly on the wall when he realized he left the sheath behind (I think that was during the first murders). That, and his car being publicized. He looked scared in that pull over video.

I wonder if they could follow the path after the pings resumed to look for the knife? The PCA indicates they have the phone traveling south on ID state highway 95 to Genesee, ID, then traveling west towards 13Uniontown, ID, and then north back into Pullman, WA.
IMO, I wonder if LE found the knife, but didnt say anything and that is going to be a shock at the trial.

After watching him in court today, i think he will most definitely be part of his own defense team, if not going all in with a 'darrell brooks' self representing. He still thinks he's smarter than everyone. He's not drugged, was very engaged, and seemed almost 'giddy' at being there. He won't plea. He wants his 15 minutes.
I'm no BK fan, but I highly doubt he will go Darrell Brooks style. That guy was... something else.

You don't need to be a criminology PhD to know Bundy defended himself at trial and was overwhelmingly slapped down and got a death sentence. IMO he will be an active participant in his defense but they will handle it. I don't think there are many avenues for a strong defense, perhaps they could convince a juror or two against the death penalty though.

I couldn't think of a much scarier scenario than what happened in that house. The girls who survived must be absolutely traumatised. I hope they get all the help they need.

Thank goodness BK made errors, I wouldn't like to think of him still being out there.

R
Yes. That’s why I doubt there will be a plea deal. IMO this guy is looking quite forward to the trial.
Imo imo I don't think he will take plea deal, no matter if it destroys his family or not. He wants to savour every minute of this so he goes into record books. This seems to be the only way to be popular for him. He will probably get marriage offers now. He probably is a virgin, who has impotentacy problems. I hope LE in PA. Look into other cases there. He probably never should have gone away from home. That gave him freedom to make his fantasies real. I wonder why Pullman PD . Did not hire him. Jmo moo.

IMO, I wonder if LE found the knife, but didnt say anything and that is going to be a shock at the trial.
I really think they’d put that in there. I think he dumped the knife and prob his shoes too. The AA is never as complete as the prelim, as they are including just enough information to justify arrest. We won’t have to wait long though.

Maybe his sheath is symbolic of OJ's bloody glove. Will he claim it was planted? It doesn't fit the knife?
Walking right past an alive roommate as he exited the crime scene, ala Ted Bundy and the sorority murders. He seems to pay homage to several well-known and widely studied mass murderers. MOO
That's my feel, too. It really reeks of Chi Omega...right down to the location and time. BKs sheath is Bundy's bite mark?

He beat Bundy's time by approximately 4 minutes. Sigh.

I think what she heard was the killer taking the dog into kaylees bedroom and shutting it in there. Murphy prob thought it was just another friend of the girls, until the dog found himself/herself shut off in Kaylees bedroom and the killing was happening in Maddie’s room. Maybe that’s when the barking started ?
Maybe…if that were the case then I would presume the dog would have some sort of dna on it and if so I think LE would be all over it.

That is hearsay and we do NOT know that he was an addict. He may have used it occasionally and his parents may have discovered his usage and sent him to rehab but again that is hearsay, not fact at this point and it occurred 12 years ago, if true.
Nor does it constitute OCD in any shape or form.
he already testified on his initial hearing that he was not receiving any medication.
Iirc he did not testify that he was not taking any medication. He said he was not taking any medication that would affect his understanding of the proceedings/ his decision making. Big diff. Just imo.

I am finally caught up with the threads since this morning, and have read through the PCA.

I wanted to point out something small from the PCA that I haven’t seen mentioned.

The PCA says that DM’s statements combined with “law enforcement reviews of forensic downloads of records from B.F. and D.M.'s phone…leads investigators to believe the homicides occurred between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 a.m.”

To me this means it’s likely DM texted the roommate she was presumably closest to (as I believe they were the two youngest and both moved in last) sometime between 4 and 4:25. I’m guessing she said something along the lines of “did you hear that noise?!” Maybe “are X and E fighting?” Or “I just saw a strange guy walk out of the house! Do you know if one of the roommates had someone over?”.

DM must have been terrified and I wonder if BF woke up or just saw the texts (possible calls?) in the morning.

Something else to point out, I wonder if DM normally used the bathroom on the second floor or the first. I assume second, unless she didn’t want to bother X and E. If she used the second floor one, maybe she saw X as she made her way to the bathroom in the morning and that’s what led to her calling friends and 911.

MOO just thinking out loud. So happy to start seeing some justice for these victims!

I bet LE has seen on his devices how many times he Googled for information on the stabbings before the bodies were even discovered. He probably couldn't wait for it to hit the news. I think his curiosity got the better of him and that's why he drove back by the house at 9:30 the next morning to see if police were there yet. It's a dumb thing to do but he made a lot of dumb mistakes.

I bet you are right. Just a few minutes ago, I mapped out the Pullman PD and his apartment. I assume Moscow PD called them to the scene. I was wondering if he could hear sirens going to the area and if that thrilled him.

BUMP for those asking for a source about Mad Greek employees saying they didn't recognize him

Thank you. I think he always remained "proximate" to the victims. However, this makes the hypothesis that he somehow knew both X and M off the table for me.

I believe he knew none of them, but may have seen one or more of them somewhere. There are 3 weeks of pings from his phone near 1122, which could just mean he had narrowed down where he parked and how he dealt with wandering around his target campus.

One thing that's taught in basic criminology is that cross-jurisdictional crimes are harder to solve. I wonder if this dum-dum actually thought that by turning his phone off a few miles outside of Moscow that his cell phone data wouldn't help locate him. (This is on his return trip to Pullman, by that looong route),

I'm curious as to when BK first became acquainted with the house and the people that lived in it. I know LE mentions that he was pinged around the house 12 times over some length of time.

I just wonder when he first saw the victims. Was it out at a bar? Did he see them at a store and followed them home?

We can assume that he probably watched them from afar in the house. With that said, what is the official motive that LE believes to be the case and the DA will present at trial if it goes that far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona