ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man that was at the Corner Club shares his perceptions of the women there that night, and how they seemed to catch a lot of attention from men there. One visibly drunk. I imagine the club has cameras and LE obtained the footage.

Read what he says here:
New details have now emerged about Goncalves and Mogen's last night out from Joe Vidot, a local man who saw the two coeds out on the town and in the hours before the attack.

Police had previously said that the women were partying at the Corner Club bar the night before the attack.

Vidot was also there and said that the women were catching the attention of many of the men at the bar.

'A lot of guys were talking to them at the Corner Club,' he told DailyMail.com, adding that Goncalves was visibly drunk. 'The taller girl with the pink on, she was glass-eyed. I audibly said "Eww' out loud." She was just stumbling through.'

He said he left the Corner Club ahead of the girls and was with a neighbor who had just moved to Moscow, showing her the Grub Bus, a food truck popular with student with the late-night munchies.

'I was just there waiting because the Grub Bus takes forever when a bunch of drunk zombies show up there,' he said, noting that he was '100% sober.'

That's when the women showed up with a guy in a hoodie, who has been the subject of much speculation among internet sleuths as a suspect.

Police have not named the man, but said that he is not considered a suspect.

'I saw the (hoodie) guy show up with the two of them. The vibe I got from him is that he's super nice. He was trying to help them get home safe,' Vidot said.

Saw someone comment on previous thread about how terrifying it is that the killer may have showered there and cleaned themselves up.

My question is what do you think is more risky/likely for them to have done?

Stayed and showered risking running into someone or someone potentially having heard and called 911.

Or

Left covered in blood or at least with their bloody clothes in tow and risk being discovered with evidence on them, or leaving a trail of blood/scent?

I am at a loss.
Or, say they’re staying overnight anyway, it might be fairly normal to be showering at 6/7/8am.

Saw someone comment on previous thread about how terrifying it is that the killer may have showered there and cleaned themselves up.

Stayed and showered risking running into someone or someone potentially having heard and called 911.

Or

Left covered in blood or at least with their bloody clothes in tow and risk being discovered with evidence on them, or leaving a trail of blood/scent?

I am at a loss.
Brought a rainmac or 2 as part of his or her arsenal?

Or

I am at a loss.
I think cleaning up there makes sense, especially if he knew them and had beer to parties there. I don’t think the general population of students are at risk because I think this was a fight with the victims which led to murder. MOO

I think if I was a student there, I’d be sleeping with a gun. And I’m not a gun owner. But I believe guns are banned on-campus, except for CCW permits. Not sure if allowed in off-campus housing.
I know where you're coming from, but I'm not sure it stops the killer who can kill four people without waking anyone else up.

Last edited:
Tpen: #10 is closed, so I reply here. I agree that some people are heavy sleepers, but in this case it's two individuals at the same time. The noise and screaming during a fight regarding life and death must be quite noisy and different from normal noise.
I agree that it makes it much less likely, but I’ve encountered a lot of heavy sleepers in my time. Plus, maybe the house doesn’t conduct sound well. I’ve lived in an old house where I never heard what was going on downstairs from my bedroom with a closed door.

Of every statement made, I found this most interesting. I am torn as to whether this is meaningful or just an odd phrasing.
It sounds like a riddle but I highly doubt there was intent.

Things you might NOT see that would matter: someone not in a group photo where you'd expect them, someone who had been at an event and then was unexpectedly absent, something that was missing from the house, something that is missing from a secondary location.
MOO: I think they were mainly referring to things you see or do not see on a video: for example, if someone says they left at 2 AM but they are not on any video on the route home at that time, this helps the PD. Or if they see which way the perp is NOT taking as he leaves the house, it helps them find the way he/she actually took.
3. I'm in the fence about whether the killer was impulsive or was working with a well laid out plan. I think about the kidnapping of Jayme Kloss, for example. The guy who killed her parents and kidnapped her was not sophisticated and seemed impulsive to me, but they likely would have never caught him if she hadn't escape. He was way different than I'd pictured in my mind, and before heading the details of the crime I would have thought he'd plotted out every detail and planned for that exact moment. It doesn't mean that this event was not fully planned out, but I don't think you can assume it was.
MOO: Yes, it is very important to keep in mind, that if, for example, we are not aware of any DNA from the scene, it does not have to mean the perp is a mastermind: obviously PD might have DNA and not tell us, then PD might have not found the right/viable DNA just yet, or the killer might have just gotten lucky and DNA is somewhere but actually missed, or the killer might have just gotten lucky and really left no viable DNA behind. All these are probably more likely than a criminal genius.
They ruled out everyone who spoke on the 911 call. Not everyone in attendance. If it’s a close contact entirely plausible they would put themselves on the scene the next day as it explains away evidence.

The unwillingness to answer the question about the perpetrator attending the first floor is telling. Easy to rule out and not prejudice to any trial. They have tended to be quite open about what they have ruled out. Not doing so here is telling IMO.
These 2 aspects stood out to me as well, but I am not sure what I think about either of them.
I think the dog didnt bark because he probably knew the person.
MOO: Some dogs bark. Some dogs don't bark. Some dogs bark at some people. I see no evidence to say anything about the dog knowing or not knowing the person. Our dog always barks whenever someone enters the door: including me and my partner, even though she knows our steps and wiggles her tail minutes before we enter. Our friends dog does not give a f about anyone using their front door and only barks at other dogs.
Out of the whole press conference the only thing interesting that came up is the 911 call and the wi fi pinging question. What the hell is the point of these stunts? Why is nobody asking about the DNA, handprints, what do they have on the killer
MOO: honestly, it would be just a waste of time to ask questions you know they cannot answer. I wanted to pull my hair out when the Fox news lady started talking. IMO, the questions about if they have enough resources and sharing information about the vigil were way more useful than just repeating "unfortunately we cannot share that right now" for 10 times.

Last edited:
The knife thing is getting as bad as the dog thing. K-bar is a very popular and common knife and style of knife. That's why they referred to it as such. It could be any number of long knives with a crossbar/hilt. I don't see any connection at all to immigrants.

If you're catching up, here's the
Press Conference from today 11/23/2022.

The four University of Idaho students murdered with aKBAR knife last weekend may have been murdered by more than one killer, according to famed forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht.

Cyril Wecht will do anything to get in the spotlight. Nowadays I take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Or

I am at a loss.
I think its most likely that the killer had on an outer layer that was removed. jmo

Several serial killers didn’t have a dominant pattern to their killings so it took extra long to recognize the fact that it was one person doing the murders. Baton Rouge actually had 2 serial killers at the same time, so talk about throwing a wrench into things….

I don’t think anything can be ruled out by us at this point

I think if I was a student there, I’d be sleeping with a gun. And I’m not a gun owner. But I believe guns are banned on-campus, except for CCW permits. Not sure if allowed in off-campus housing.
Not sure killer or killers have not moved on to another campus.
I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member