ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like they watched Brain Laundrie when he snuck off and disappeared into the wilderness for about a month

Hate to say it…
Wish I didn’t have to say it…
But yeah…
Exactly…
You’re exactly right…

I would love to sit here and say the same thing, that certainly LE would have their eyes all over this POI… But honestly, from what I’ve recently watched unfold, I don’t trust that they would. And Brian Landry, man, everybody in America knew that kid was guilty and he still got away… The public in Moscow knows nothing about who this POI is, if they even have one yet… so we’re just going to have to trust a bunch of guys who have been telling us since day one that this is targeted, and then all the sudden turn around and say “well we don’t know if it’s targeted anymore”, we’re going to trust those guys to be on top of it? … Sorry, it’s been a long day and I’m a little grumpy over this case mainly because the people affected more than anyone are the families, and all of the terrified kids that are still in the area… so, I’m just going to tell it like I see it for a moment. All just my opinion.

I gave the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. I always give the benefit of the doubt. But MPD has lost this with me over the course of the past two days. They asked us to trust them, and I totally trusted them, but sadly, and when I say “sadly” I sincerely mean that… Sadly, they have broken that trust.

I’m not somebody who beats up on law-enforcement. I’m not some radical, “no more funding for police” person, I am totally pro police, all the way, but that also doesn’t mean I’m not going to call it like I see it when I see it going awry…

They have not been doing so well these past two days in the eyes of the public, and certainly not in the eyes of the families of the victims, and the poor kids in that community who are so scared… AND Xana’s funeral and the vigil just occurred right in the midst of it. Think of how hard that has to be on them, the families. Plus all of the students and all of their friends.

And I guess I’ll try to leave this on a more positive note because I do think this is fair. Law-enforcement is great at law enforcement… They are not great media people, communications people, etc, and I think sometimes we can get so wrapped up in their seemingly backwards messaging, but forget that the communication thing is not their forté, the crime solving thing as their forté… so while I know people are frustrated out there right now, myself included, I think it’s important to also play devils advocate for a moment, and consider that just because they do not appear to not have their you know what together when it comes to handling the messaging in this case, messaging is not their specialty — crime solving is… so I’m trying to remind myself that the two don’t necessarily equate. At least I hope to God they don’t.

Last edited:
Xana had a lock on her door.

Thank you for this.

Brian Enton (sp?) also revealed to Ashley Banfield that the idea Kaylee or one of the other girls had a stalker was not a fact but conjecture on the parents’ part because they were all “pretty” girls and apparently LE once again stated to them that there is no evidence of an actual specific stalker of any of the girls.

I think that is pretty relevant as well.

Xana had a lock on her door.

Really unclear + the conflicting pics… I dunno what to think.

Xana’s dad has spoken publicly - would seem a simple thing for a reporter to contact him to ask for the actual ~facts~ first, assuming LE hasn’t asked him to not disclose.

JMHO

EBM: this video montage has the photo I’ve referenced previously of Day 1 photo showing fairy lights ON both outside the kitchen slider & inside the kitchen area. That photo stuck with me because of the fairy lights & the look on the cop’s face. Sob. Anyone know the origin of that photo? TIA!

Last edited:
Not that I know of. But I went to colleges/universities where people had to sign a year-long contract.

There was no cleaning except at end-of-year (and not in all forms of housing; married student housing worked more like regular apartments - either the occupants cleaned while leaving, or then, the university would clean and charge the occupants).

It wasn't deep cleaning. Where I work now, students are responsible for cleaning when they leave - and incoming students can elect to hire deep cleaners (they don't, usually).
Thanks!

Copying this from late in thread 18.

Kaylee was a member of Alpha Phi sorority and Maddie and Xana were members of Pi Beta Phi. Kayleee and Maddie were best friends since 6th grade, why did they pledge different sororities and why did they drop out last semester of the sororities? Just MO0, not sure if it’s related to the case but it could be. Both sororities are on disciplinary probation

You can’t pick which sorority you’re in. You can make a list of like the top 3 choices but that’s it. You get a bid where you get a bid

All MOO

With regards to a motive, interesting to hear in the press releases from LE that they're not certain if it's a targeted person killing, or a targeted residents killing.

I'm starting to lean targeted residents killing. IMO The perp had his plan mapped out watching the residents, knew there would be lots of activity/socializing/drinking at the house/on the town for a Saturday evening.

He clearly acted in stealth like manner, what seems to be rage killing all four victims equally.....also suspect he would have known the layout of the house, acting in the dark maybe guided by the small light from his cell phone.

Imo no one targeted specifically with the slaughter, and sending a 'catch me if you can' message.

Even innocent people don't always cooperate, especially in high profile cases. I wouldn't pin anything on that assumption.

MOO.
Yep and sometimes guilty people can appear quite eager to help. See Josh Duggar, who made a big show of being helpful to law enforcement when they showed up at his place of business about CSAM downloads.

Longtime lurker here...
Xana and Maddie belonged to the same sorority, right? And that sorority is currently being investigated/sanctioned. I wonder if they had reported something(s) that were going on and certain people were going to be expelled, charged, or held liable...making this a potential revenge killing? K and E were possibly collateral damage
Just a thought. I really do feel the sorority ties into this somehow

The thing is, LE have cleared so many people in quicktime speed as well. I posted in thread 5 that the guy at the grubtruck with the hoody must have one hell of an alibi. LE are obviously refusing to tell K family the alibis of everyone they have cleared and it does seem the police clear them extra quick from survivors, 911 caller, neighbours, ex/current boyf, driver etc etc. The way LE were clearing every person so quickly led people to believe they at least had an inkling of who it was, but not so. It's weird.

I would like to think the FBI would have several teams of agents watching the POI until they get their ducks in a row.
This is one of the biggest fears of law enforcement, too...that they will act too late and the killer will strike again.

Believe me, this keeps them awake at night.

They do not want blood on their hands.

Thank you for this.

Brian Enton (sp?) also revealed to Ashley Banfield that the idea Kaylee or one of the other girls had a stalker was not a fact but conjecture on the parents’ part because they were all “pretty” girls and apparently LE once again stated to them that there is no evidence of an actual specific stalker of any of the girls.

I think that is pretty relevant as well.
Just to clarify, Brian said KG herself felt that she had a stalker so it wasn’t a conjecture 100% put forth by the parents simply on the basis that they were pretty. The parents just wouldn’t have been terribly surprised if it was true.

Unlocked doors, it being secluded, windows that are easier to break open, no dogs, no men. There are lots of reasons why a residence might be targeted IMO
This reminds me of a strange case a while back where the perp had lost both parents in a house fire.

He returned to the same residence years later and murdered the current occupants, for no apparent reason.

Anyone else remember this?

One Thing About Having A poi if Let’s Say they did, An innocent person Is going to bend over backwards and cooperate, While someone guilty Will not totally co operate and Be evasive unsure about answering certain things , this might be the phase LE is in right now, I’ve watched enough of dateline and 48 hours((BTW both excellent shows)) To know sometimes it takes several interviews to Nail Someone… So We don’t know much right now And neither do The victims families, but Let’s hope LE is further along in this than We Know, For The Victims Families Sake…JMO
I get the feeling that LE is not offering enough info for people to make connections, perhaps they are holding too much back?..Moscow is a small town, people know each others business, yet, nobody is having an “aha, I see” moment. It’s like we are all in the dark fumbling.

I have not seen any reporter ask about the Metadata from the cell phone towers. Has anyone seen any news on the cell phone towers data ? The Time from midnight till 6am would show what phones were in the house or near the house at the time of the murders. Would even show exactly where each phone was in the house and the exact movements. The phones give not just the GPS location but the elevation as well. The changes in the movement are recorded by the towers and by Apple or Google, depending on the service it used. Every time you move the metadata is transmitted to your provider and to the service you use, either Apple or Google or both. This is how they keep track of the businesses you visit. I was expecting a reporter to ask about their history of movement for each device. If anyone knows of this information being asked about please post the link. Thank you
I'd question the accuracy of the data, but it would be useful to collect and I'd hope LE has it for all people in the house.

The location of the phones inside of the house could be fairly inaccurate.

Sometimes when I use Find My iPhone it will appear to move while indoors when my phone is stationary. GPS doesn't seem to be that accurate indoors. Even outdoors in cities, there's signal interference as the signal bounces off of buildings so it's not always accurate to the same degree.

The way that Google tracks which businesses you visit is through GPS as a first-approximation and which WiFi routers that your phone sees and their signal strength. In a shopping mall with multiple floors or some urban environments this provides better accuracy than GPS alone. It's still not perfect though, and they don't always know which business you go to if there's multiple stores next to each other.

I've also heard Ad Tech companies use Bluetooth or WiFi scanners inside of stores to see whose devices are going into which stores.

Fun fact: Airplane mode doesn't turn off GPS, since GPS doesn't involve transmitting data, only receiving.

Source: I worked on Google Maps for 3 years and learned about store visit conversions. I'm also paranoid.

Really unclear + the conflicting pics… I dunno what to think.

Xana’s dad has spoken publicly - would seem a simple thing for a reporter to contact him to ask for the actual ~facts~ first, assuming LE hasn’t asked him to not disclose.

JMHO
So Xana had a lock fixed on her bedroom door. Did someone try to get in her room on a previous occasion? Did she feel unsafe? Were there unknown intruders in the house unbeknownst to some of the residents? Why would someone be concerned about fixing a lock on a door-because someone was entering the house

I get the feeling that LE is not offering enough info for people to make connections, perhaps they are holding too much back?..Moscow is a small town, people know each others business, yet, nobody is having an “aha, I see” moment. It’s like we are all in the dark fumbling.
People in a small town love to gossip, LE could use that to their advantage

Longtime lurker here...
Xana and Maddie belonged to the same sorority, right? And that sorority is currently being investigated/sanctioned. I wonder if they had reported something(s) that were going on and certain people were going to be expelled, charged, or held liable...making this a potential revenge killing? K and E were possibly collateral damage
Just a thought. I really do feel the sorority ties into this somehow
What is it being investigated for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members