Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The group that cannot be named. Am I the only one who has taken to calling them the Voldemort group? Please tell me I'm not the only one...

:) I too feel that way. Made a comment awhile ago that I felt like I was writing a Harry Potter book.

However, for a fiction writer this case is an absolute goldmine. Has a lot of bizarre characters, has everything you want in fiction (love, marriages, deaths, missing kids, suspense, etc.). If this was a fiction book, people would think it's over the top crazy. MOO

The bankruptcy was in 2008 (I think). Lots of people were hard up then and no one was buying books. Plus his popularity seems to be more recent. I don't think he makes much money but I found that bankruptcy information back in December and January and concluded it was irrelevant.
Oh ok then.

Niece of Lori Vallow appears in Mesa Courtroom
Interesting, that according to this article and a Google search, the attorney MBP had representing her today is a criminal defense lawyer, from a firm of criminal defense lawyers. Unusual choice for a family court matter, wouldn't you say?

I think someone with deep pockets is bankrolling all of this. Maybe the rumor about the billionaire is true? MOO

@Gardener1850 This is in response to your post a thread back about Lori first trying to sell JJ’s service dog for $2,500 before begrudgingly giving it back to the trainer after she didn’t have any bites.

What kind of mother would abruptly get rid of their child’s service dog? To me that just screams evidence of guilt. For what reason would JJ suddenly not require a service dog any longer, hmm?

Her trying to sell Bailey first is just SO Lori. She no doubt signed a contract stating she would return Bailey if they couldn’t keep him, but hey, cha ching, right?

I work at an animal shelter and also foster dogs and we require adopters to sign a contract stating they will return the dog if unable to keep it. Once we had a sheriff seize a pit bull when we found out an adopter was trying to sell her. We don’t fool around, and I’m confident the trainer that put their blood, sweat and tears into training and placing Bailey doesn’t either. I bet she was pizzed.

Speaking from personal experience, it's a bad sign when your mom gets rid of your pets and father figures with little to no aplomb.

Last edited:
From the article ...

During the confrontation, lawyer Stephen Zachary said they are going to give "full respects to the judge", and that they will give a full presentation "once the judge gets done".
Stephen Zachary, the listed counsel in the divorce case for MBP) is a divorce attorney from a different firm than the criminal defense lawyer firm (Robert Jarvis' firm). The use of the criminal defense lawyer is connected to MBP speaking with FBI 3 times.

So, there are two separate and distinct things going on here.
Whoa, wait a minute. Stephen Zachary?!? That name was NOT in the article when I first commented on it!
Goes off to look.
Yeah, the article says they updated it 54 minutes ago. That portion previously attributed those comments to an "unidentified male". Grr.

(My apologies. I very carefully mined the darn thing for names, and searched them, too.)

:) I too feel that way. Made a comment awhile ago that I felt like I was writing a Harry Potter book.

However, for a fiction writer this case is an absolute goldmine. Has a lot of bizarre characters, has everything you want in fiction (love, marriages, deaths, missing kids, suspense, etc.). If this was a fiction book, people would think it's over the top crazy. MOO

You fool, this wild talk of gods and monsters shall set a plague of slashfics and crossover ships upon us!

It'd get dinged for not being plausible enough. :rolleyes:

I’m still catching up on the thread, so I apologize if this has already been pointed out, but...

Chad was moving out while the courtroom appearance was happening???

This implies they would not be staying at the very “residence” that Lori’s attorney was that very moment stating her husband resides in. What were they planning to do if she did get the amount reduced and Chad could pay her bail??? Either 1. Chad is out of there, on his own (which I doubt), 2. they both knew she was not getting out and there is no time (nor money) to waste in getting out, or 3. they were planning to try and get outta dodge!!! IMO

Hopefully that'll come back to bite them at the trial. The lawyer had claimed that her "husband" and LVD had made their residence in Hawaii. Seems awfully convenient that he moves out the same day.

If I was a prosecutor I would use that to show that they were never planning to stay in Hawaii as a resident. MOO

I don't disagree with what you'd said other than to point out that it varies a lot from employer to employer and government employees (at least IMO) tend to have better benefits than the private sector (offset by salaries that might not be competitive). I just checked my employer to see what our options were. The employer has what they call basic life which everyone who is full time gets 1X their salary paid by the employer and can pay extra to get up to 3x salary (limited to 500,000, but you'd have to make 160K+ per year to max out). Then they have supplemental life which can be any multiple of 10,000 to a max of 5 times salary, but in no case more than 500,000. So ultimately this would be 8 times salary. If Tammy had the same limit and made slightly more than 50K a year it would get her to the 430,000. So I don't think we can rule it out, but also agree that this seems to be pushing the norm, but I would also say that Tammy having that much life insurance is pushing the norms regardless.
I haven't heard anyone say that TD's life insurance policy was from her work. While it is true that some employers offer very basic life insurance coverage for their employees, it is generally just a nominal policy which is offered as perk. With some employers you can increase the amount of coverage 2 or 3 times by paying additional premiums. But TD's policy may not have been provided by her employer.

Many people purchase their own life insurance coverage separate from and/or in addition to that provided by their employer. There is no limit that I'm aware of on how much one can apply for. It basically just comes down to how much you're willing to pay in premiums. There's no omnipotent big brother in the sky saying you can't be insured for more than 30k because you're a librarian.

I suppose some insurers might balk at offering you a policy if your hobby or work involved being a stunt pilot or free soloing El Capitan, but most will just say "fine, here is what your premium will be". It's all about risk. This is why insurance can get very expensive as you get older, or if you have any pre-existing conditions (in some cases the risk is so high that they won't offer coverage, no matter the premium). Most term policies cease to provide coverage past age 65.

The compensation you receive at work only limits how much coverage your employer is willing to provide (assuming they provide it at all, remember, it's a perk). But for private (non employer provided) insurance, for the most part, you can buy as much coverage as you can afford.

You could be a burger flipper, a librarian, or even unemployed, and still buy a ten million dollar life insurance policy - as long as you're willing and able to pay the high premiums. The premium amount varies based on risk (age, health, occupation, hobbies, etc.) - so for the same coverage amount, the premium for a 50 y.o. stunt pilot who smokes will be higher than that for the 20 y.o. burger flipper in good health.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the 2009 and 2011 documents or info giving exact dates but those years line up with major custody modification filings made by Joe Ryan. I made separate, somewhat generic, event descriptions in the timeline under the dates when Joe filed. Here are the relevant events around 2009 and 2011:

17 July 2009 - Lori’s Ex-husband, JR, again files a custody suit against Lori in the State of TX. This suit is carried over to the AZ courts and a note about it in Maricopa County, AZ records that reads: “FROM THE STATE OF TEXAS INTERLOCUTORY/OF 7/17/09 IN SUIT TO MODIFY PARENT-CHILD RELATIONSHIP” (Court Records).

2009 – A civil court finds Lori in contempt and charges her with judicial interference for disobeying a child custody agreement with Joseph Ryan in regards to Tylee (Feb 2020 bond reduction hearing).

[...]

27 July 2011 – Lori calls and cancels a July 30th court ordered psych eval appointment, saying that her sister in another state gave birth to a baby with medical complications and Lori was leaving town to be with her sister. Lori requested to change her appointment to Oct 4th (KSLTV).

30 July 2011 – Lori was originally scheduled for a court ordered pysch eval in relation to a custody case concerning CV’s 2 sons. She canceled this saying she was going out of town (KSLTV).

31 July 2011 – A psychologist decides to call Lori to schedule an appointment earlier after a concern that Lori is a “flight risk” was brought up in court (KSLTV).

1 Aug 2011 - Lori showed up early for her psych eval appointment (KSLTV).

5 Aug 2011 – Lori’s Ex-husband, JR, files “Petition to modify child custody, parenting time and child support” in Maricopa County, AZ Family Court (Court records).

2011 - A civil court again finds Lori in contempt and charges her with judicial interference for disobeying a child custody agreement with Joseph Ryan in regards to Tylee (Feb 2020 bond reduction hearing).

13 Aug 2011 – A process server serves Lori with the Aug 5th petition through serving her husband CV. The document ordered Lori to undergo a psychological evaluation after she told social workers “death would be an option before giving Tylee to her father, Mr. Joseph Ryan, even for a visit.” The document goes on to say “These are real and serious concerns,” (KSLTV).

Thank you for linking for me! And never enough praise for this timeline!

I saw that too. It looks like she was adding and removing herself (different phone numbers maybe?) from the conversation. Do we know if she had multiple phones she was using? LE surely knows.

The whole thing is weird. A group text to inform sons of their father's death? This woman is despicable.

I’m thinking she may have multiple Apple devices like iPhone, iPads, etc.

Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
I think it was different “contacts” she had set up. One could be an iCloud address even, assigned to her lolo contact. She would be able to text with WiFi from an iCloud address. And, the other Lori could have been a/her phone number. We know she had an iCloud account so we can hope those type of texts have been discovered.

I think he was hoping no one would notice him moving out at that time because all the reporters would be at Lori's hearing. It didn't work, of course. Nice try, Chad! :rolleyes:

In other news, Daily Mail got video Chad walking into the KCCC to visit Lori (on Tuesday I think?) then they followed him as he drove to Walmart. When he came out of Walmart they tried asking him questions. He was apparently so flustered by the reporter following him that he couldn't find his car in the parking lot. Then he laughed when he found it: Lori Vallow's husband is seen leaving jail as it's revealed he and dead spouse filed for bankruptcy | Daily Mail Online

I think Chad is going to spill the whole story to someone soon. He seems to be cracking under the pressure.

MOO.

So they had over $200,000 of debt wiped cleaned in 2010, which would mar their credit report for seven years.

Chad obviously didn’t take heed and learn any lessons from his previous bankruptcy, he was making it rain in Hawaii with his blood money.

Bankruptcy papers obtained by DailyMailTV reveal the couple were in a dire financial situation, with over $100,000 in debt related to to their book publishing company, Spring Creek Book Company.

The couple had assets totaling $149,657.21 but debts in the amount of $353,853.21.

Last edited:
Do or can you show me document about the cop cleaning blood up? Thank you.

84165507_1511450042351341_890418996170457088_n.jpg
83975607_1511450059018006_7008751233905197056_n.jpg

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

you know... I don't mean this in an snide or disparaging way... but Mormon history is a history of people being persecuted as they kept moving west. I bet he is trying to "channel "Joseph Smith" in his mind...
i wonder if both of them are being lifted up within The Group as martyrs unto their GloRiOus CaUsEe. i truly hope all of this does not serve to *inspire* any more deaths & disappearances within the ranks of Chad's following, especially now that Time is rapidly growing short-- we're less than 6 months to D-day

But remember they will not die...they will lead the favored few into the future of existence.
this right here is one of the few things that gives me a hope to hang on that the children are still alive, and stashed away somewhere *for The Dawning of A New Day*
it is also the main thing giving me cause to worry that MORE children are, or quickly will be, in the same predicament and i very much hope LE are looking into that possibility

I wonder if these 2 studied the philosophies of Jim Jones.

We know he is hiding HIS children. I'm saying what if he was worried about Lori's as well and went up and took them. That would be kidnapping and a serious crime. But it would also explain where they are and why no one is talking. If I had reason to believe my relative might kill her kids because they were the only remaining witnesses to a murder that my relative committed, I think I would take them for their own safety and hope for leniency at any future sentencing.

I would think, if that were the case you contact the FBI to get involved. JMO

We don't know what happened to Tammy yet. She could have just died from a massive heart attack or brain aneurysm suddenly, and that would still be more likely than her being murdered, for example. Until the autopsy and toxicology results on Tammy is released, it's unlikely any new info will surface.
is that *more likely* under ordinary circumstances for a woman her age, or taking into account for fact her husband had been casually mentioning premonitions of her death for several years, and fact said husband also stood to benefit from a recently (significantly?) increased life insurance policy at her death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675