Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be in meetings mid-day, ugh, but I know I'll be able to catch up with WS later in the day.

Fingers crossed that the development means progress in the investigation!

jmo

Do you subscribe to the breaking news thread? If it is really significant, I would think that somebody from here would post it over there. That way you don't have to dig through page after page?

unfortunately not all confessions are valid so the crime still has to be investigated regardless!!
Especially in a high profile case like this.

The nut-jobs seemingly come out of the woodwork.

That’s why it’s great to have information held back, things that can be used to verify the veracity of a confession.

Details that only the real killer would know.

Thank you very much @gregjrichards - in Cumbria here. I’ll keep my eyes peeled & check Facebook live. Is there a specific local reporter / news channel on FB that may be worth a follow ?

Thanks again !

No problem I’m happy to help anytime.

These are the best reporters and news sites on the case I have found over the past two years. The links for Facebook live coverage should go up in the morning. I like to have a few options to watch just in case there are any problems with the feed. I will post any I find.

Twitter:

Kelly Reinke

@KellyReinkeTV Reporter for

@FOX59 and @CBS4Indy

Haley Bull

@HaleyBullNews

Reporter/MMJ for FOX59/CBS4 News

Alexis McAdams ABC-7

@AlexisMcAdamsTV

13 WTHR Indianapolis

State police to announce new direction in Delphi Homicide Investigation

There has to be something unusual or specific about the crime scene/ COD... otherwise why wouldn’t they have released it? If it was something like a single gunshot, any sicko looking for five minutes of fame could confess and guess “gunshot” and have a 25% chance ofbeing right. I’m convinced that the crime scene/COD was something very specific.

Put it this way...Im 100% certain that this was not your average crime scene, this was the work of a sick mind (s)

I could be very optimist and hope the press conference announcement is that a warrant for somebody’s arrest has been filed and because the suspect cannot be located, “no arrests have been made”. But if not, anything representing a new direction will still be positive progress.

State police say the investigation is moving in a "new direction" and the public is welcome to attend the briefing.

The press conference is set for Monday at noon at the Canal Center located at 1030 North Washington Street in Delphi. Doors will open at 11:30 a.m. and limited seating will be available.

Details of what the briefing will entail were not provided, but a source said this is considered "significant news." No arrests have been made, according to the source.

"I am very hopeful that this is the break we have been waiting for," said Libby's mother, Carrie Timmons.....”

‘Significant news’ to be announced in Delphi murders as investigation moves in ‘new direction’

Since we're leaving no stone un-turned in our speculations... maybe they found some Delphi connection to the Flora fire. Holman said in November that they had solid persons of interest in that case. Investigators: 'Solid persons of interest' in Flora fatal fire 2 years later (Didn't he say that have a number of persons of interest in the Delphi case, too?)

FWIW, I think Ives is back to work on the Delphi case.

Eastern Standard Time which is one hour behind CST.
No, Eastern time zone is one hour AHEAD of Central time zone.

I know this very well because I live in Eastern time zone but the company I work for is in the Central time zone. They always schedule our company-wide Skype meetings at 11:00 am Central time which is 12:00 pm Eastern time, which is during my lunch break :p

I am on EST. so I will be watching it live. I was thinking for others.

Everyone will see it live, no matter what time zone you live in. Just like everyone sees an NFL game live no matter what time zone you are in. A 1:00 pm game is live at 1:00 for me (EDT) but my friends in CDT see it live at noon. My friends in PDT see it live at 10 am.

Like everyone else here, this is a case that has crossed my mind frequently over the last 2 years. I must admit though, the most baffling thing about it to me is how it remains still unsolved, when one of the victims actually left video and audio of the beginning of the attack for LE. And the perp does not appear to be disguised. They have issued a detailed facial sketch.

I mean seriously, crimes have been solved with so much less than they had to work with here. Abby and Libby's families appear to be very loving and tolerant people but surely they must wonder why BG is not caught.
And he didn't parachute into Delphi and it is a relatively small community, can they not trace vehicles that came in and out of the town around the time of the crime? The consensus is that he cannot be local so there has to be a vehicle.
And again if they have a full DNA profile, possibly from a sexual assault why has he not been traced yet? I am inclined to think that after all this time they never had this sort of unequivocal physical evidence.

I agree however that barring a personal connection which now seems unlikely that BG probably has a hatred of young women and that this is the motive. This may be further shown by the injuries the girls suffered although I am sure that a gun was involved to maintain control. These were two spirited and resourceful girls.

I really don't mean to sound overly critical of investigators in this case, but I think the apparent lack of progress should be questioned. I am 100% sure that they are very highly motivated to solve this. But I do wonder, 2 years on. if the large volume of tips, partially stimulated by the high reward, maybe led to less experienced staff being pulled in and something or someone has been missed. I hope what is announced tomorrow is truly significant and leads to an arrest swiftly.

I could be very optimist and hope the press conference announcement is that a warrant for somebody’s arrest has been filed and because the suspect cannot be located, “no arrests have been made”. But if not, anything representing a new direction will still be positive progress.

State police say the investigation is moving in a "new direction" and the public is welcome to attend the briefing.

The press conference is set for Monday at noon at the Canal Center located at 1030 North Washington Street in Delphi. Doors will open at 11:30 a.m. and limited seating will be available.

Details of what the briefing will entail were not provided, but a source said this is considered "significant news." No arrests have been made, according to the source.

"I am very hopeful that this is the break we have been waiting for," said Libby's mother, Carrie Timmons.....”

‘Significant news’ to be announced in Delphi murders as investigation moves in ‘new direction’

This better be huge news. If it's not it's unconscionable to get these families hopes up!

If they are playing some sort of mind game with BG then they should let the families know. Anything else is inexcusable.

Families should be informed before press and public. Before a press release or press conference the families should know what is going on.

Like everyone else here, this is a case that has crossed my mind frequently over the last 2 years. I must admit though, the most baffling thing about it to me is how it remains still unsolved, when one of the victims actually left video and audio of the beginning of the attack for LE. And the perp does not appear to be disguised. They have issued a detailed facial sketch.

I mean seriously, crimes have been solved with so much less than they had to work with here. Abby and Libby's families appear to be very loving and tolerant people but surely they must wonder why BG is not caught.
And he didn't parachute into Delphi and it is a relatively small community, can they not trace vehicles that came in and out of the town around the time of the crime? The consensus is that he cannot be local so there has to be a vehicle.
And again if they have a full DNA profile, possibly from a sexual assault why has he not been traced yet? I am inclined to think that after all this time they never had this sort of unequivocal physical evidence.

I agree however that barring a personal connection which now seems unlikely that BG probably has a hatred of young women and that this is the motive. This may be further shown by the injuries the girls suffered although I am sure that a gun was involved to maintain control. These were two spirited and resourceful girls.

I really don't mean to sound overly critical of investigators in this case, but I think the apparent lack of progress should be questioned. I am 100% sure that they are very highly motivated to solve this. But I do wonder, 2 years on. if the large volume of tips, partially stimulated by the high reward, maybe led to less experienced staff being pulled in and something or someone has been missed. I hope what is announced tomorrow is truly significant and leads to an arrest swiftly.

I think he will be found to have been hiding in plain sight. Just a regular guy nobody thought of.

My theory is based on this article from last summer:

Delphi detectives working closely with investigators who cracked Fort Wayne cold case

“While officers wait for that one last tip, investigators are using other tactics to track this man down, including DNA which is being analyzed by the Indiana State Police crime lab.

“That information is then put into a national database,” said Sgt. Riley.”

To me it would make sense if they got a hit on familial DNA. They wouldn’t have a suspect just yet, just a link to one. And they probably would not want to answer questions that could reveal the identity of the link, as that person would not be a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan