Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the PC. (JJ has posted the exact reference).

ETA. Also sunshine has explained too I see.
Appreciate all of you responding on this!
I think it was a reference to being in heaven and no more suffering. Is that how you interpret that? And yes, I think the Perp left them displayed in a horrific manner. Enough of those thoughts.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Any Reason why we keep harping and harping on the Amber alert?
As with DNA discussion, the what is at the end of the bridge discussion, the what is in his pocket discussion......posters have no real choice but to go round and round regarding these things. That is, if they wish to remain connected to the case by using this site.

That is because the rules prevent us from discussing so many other things that are way more important and way more pertinent to solving the case. JMO.

Just an example: It is absolutely impossible here to rule out any poster's suspect, because we cannot discuss anybody who is not a POI. So, folks...folks like me....hang onto believing we know who did it, it keeps us up nights, and this community cannot help us put our minds at ease.

I think that anybody who is tired of the circular discussions needs to put this site aside and/or seek what they are looking for elsewhere. (And, I have not yet done either.)

Complaining about it is not constructive, I have found.

As with DNA discussion, the what is at the end of the bridge discussion, the what is in his pocket discussion......posters have no real choice but to go round and round regarding these things. That is, if they wish to remain connected to the case by using this site.

That is because the rules prevent us from discussing so many other things that are way more important and way more pertinent to solving the case. JMO.

Just an example: It is absolutely impossible here to rule out any poster's suspect, because we cannot discuss anybody who is not a POI. So, folks...folks like me....hang onto believing we know who did it, it keeps us up nights, and this community cannot help us put our minds at ease.

I think that anybody who is tired of the circular discussions needs to put this site aside and/or seek what they are looking for elsewhere. (And, I have not yet done either.)

Well said. Discussion keeps the interest alive, whatever it is we discuss.

I understand the find-site is pretty unique. It is not visible from the bridge, or from the riverbank or trail. This must mean very intimate knowledge of the site. So, RL must be the key to identifying those people who knows his property well.
My general understanding is that the totality of the site where the bodies were found as well as possible exits to and from the area would not require very intimate knowledge of the area. Rather, trespassing whether used to enter the area or in the form of straying from public trails is / was fairly common.

These circumstances and the relatively small size of the area would clearly support the perpetrator needing more than just casual, let alone theoretical knowledge of the area to commit the crime. They do not, in my opinion, however, suggest that very intimate knowledge is needed or that RL would need to be familiar with the perpetrator.

Rather, the required knowledge could have been gained by a fairly observant individual hanging out there as a youth or young adult or hiking the area over the course of a summer. Driving the road along the creek in conjunction with previous hiking or hanging out would probably help as well.

For example, as an outdoor oriented kid in my youth with a bicycle, I knew the local creeks, which alleys connected where, what woods had marked or unmarked trials through them and what fences had holes in them.

My knowledge of several areas did not stem from very intimate involvement with those different areas. Rather, it stemmed from being a local kid who had explored / messed around in those places a few times. I think it is the same situation with the murder regarding that area.

Last edited:

Not complaining I am just trying to find out what could be gained from knowing.

could we use it to forward the cause of solving the crime?

And the what is under his jacket discussion. Suddenly I wonder if he was taking that baby goat to Goat Yoga:

upload_2019-7-17_18-1-48.jpeg

Where is the closest goat yoga studio to Delphi???

JMHO YMMV

Libby & Abby, your brief lives have inspired many people!

My general understanding is that the totality of the site where the bodies were found as well as possible exits to and from the area would not require very intimate knowledge of the area. Rather, trespassing whether used to enter the area or in the form of straying from public trails is / was fairly common.

These circumstances and the relatively small size of the area would clearly support the perpetrator needing more than just casual, let alone theoretical knowledge of the area to commit the crime. They do not, in my opinion, however, suggest that very intimate knowledge is needed or that RL would need to be familiar with the perpetrator.

Rather, the required knowledge could have been gained by a fairly observant individual hanging out there as a youth or young adult or hiking the area over the course of a summer. Driving the road along the creek in conjunction with previous hiking or hanging out would probably help as well.

For example, as an outdoor oriented kid in my youth with a bicycle, I knew the local creeks, which alleys connected where, what woods had marked or unmarked trials through them and what fences had holes in them.

My knowledge of several areas did not stem from very intimate involvement with those different areas. Rather, it stemmed from being a local kid who had explored / messed around in those places a few times. I think it is the same situation with the murder regarding that area.

This is very well stated. I completely agree with your viewpoint and think what you have described regarding the killer's cultural knowledge/information about Delphi and the creek area, is highly accurate.

Not complaining I am just trying to find out what could be gained from knowing.

could we use it to forward the cause of solving the crime?
^ This is the point.

Retrospective Alert issuing would not impact future outcomes of this case.

All other topics Ive seen discussed are 'Live' and could help in understanding the actuality of what occurred or what could occur.

Personally though, I could read you guys arguing over Fog.

Last edited:
^ This is the point.

Retrospective Alert issuing would not impact future outcomes of this case.

All other topics Ive seen discussed are 'Live' and could help in understanding the actuality of what occurred or what could occur.

Personally though, I could read you guys arguing over Fog.
Why are you all still talking about it then?
(JK)

Last edited:
This is very well stated. I completely agree with your viewpoint and think what you have described regarding the killer's cultural knowledge/information about Delphi and the creek area, is highly accurate.

I almost typed it *had* to be the suspect was familiar with the layout of the land before taking a step back, adjusting, and it *could* have been he was familiar with the land around the bridge. Not sure that helps with the odds he was, but I would place it as likely BG understood the trails and bridge. JMO.

I have nothing to show the belief at the time, except for some reason they did not suspect foul play. The Indiana alert doesn't mention anything about a vehicle but mentions it is down to LE to call it.
Valid point but historically RL initially had verbal diarrhoea but since his place was searched and he was convicted of breaking his probation, he has clammed up. Even more noticable now is why he was imprisoned for such a seemingly minor infraction when many other repeat offenders do not get such severe treatment.
Re. The rope, could it be a white rope horse halter? This only just occurred to me.

Traditional White Cotton Rope Showing Headcollar / Halter for sale online | eBay

MOO.
I have oft wondered if he had some kind of rope on a stick device he could choke them up with immediately to silence and control them and this could explain why they may not have said his name on audio even if they DID know him. Could the white we see emerging from the top of his jacket be rope and the lower part hidden beneath be some kind of holder or leash if you will? Something used with horses as tresir mentions here or something from an auto parts store or some kind of sports/hunting equipment? IDK just brainstorming as ever ...

Appreciate all of you responding on this!
I think it was a reference to being in heaven and no more suffering. Is that how you interpret that? And yes, I think the Perp left them displayed in a horrific manner. Enough of those thoughts.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Since Abby and Libby had an open casket viewing and funeral the wounds must not have been too bad. It is a riddle trying to figure out what was said by Supt. Carter at the last press conference. I have speculated on it too. The simple explanation could be that he is just a very religious man.

It is kind of sad that as of today it has been 2 years since the first sketch was released of the suspect in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. Now that there are 2 sketches you have to wonder if either of them is correct. Only time will tell.

As a victim (or should I say Survivor?!) of childhood sexual abuse ... each very separate incidents that occurred when I was aged 5 or 6 ... not sure exactly : / ... and age 11 ... and again around age 17 ... different abusers in each instance... and all the while I consider myself to have been a fairly average typical suburban youth growing up ... I'm sure this colors my suppositions (is that a word? sounds right!) I find myself thinking it easily likely that one of the girls (or both, as it is sadly quite common, IMO) may have been victims of similar abuse and this killing took place to silence them so the abuser would not be found out! They WERE getting older and wiser, I'm sure. This just always seems the most likely explanation as regards motive, to me. But again, I come from that background so I'm sure my own experiences affect my surmising. ( and BTW, no sympathy wanted nor needed, Life Goes On and I've learned to live with the consequences, though it has surely affected me ... and may in part be why I am here ... I Want Justice!!!) Thoughts?

As a victim (or should I say Survivor?!) of childhood sexual abuse ... each very separate incidents that occurred when I was aged 5 or 6 ... not sure exactly : / ... and age 11 ... and again around age 17 ... different abusers in each instance... and all the while I consider myself to have been a fairly average typical suburban youth growing up ... I'm sure this colors my suppositions (is that a word? sounds right!) I find myself thinking it easily likely that one of the girls (or both, as it is sadly quite common, IMO) may have been victims of similar abuse and this killing took place to silence them so the abuser would not be found out! They WERE getting older and wiser, I'm sure. This just always seems the most likely explanation as regards motive, to me. But again, I come from that background so I'm sure my own experiences affect my surmising. ( and BTW, no sympathy wanted nor needed, Life Goes On and I've learned to live with the consequences, though it has surely affected me ... and may in part be why I am here ... I Want Justice!!!) Thoughts?

(my highlight in black)
I agree 100%, absolutely the most probable motive for this horrible crime.
IMO police should look for the killer somewhat close to the victims,
and I am sure that is exactly what they are doing.

He said that at the April 2019 press conference. I'm paraphrasing..." Let me assure you they are not the way you left them now"
That is a confusing, misleading statement. When I first read it I thought how would anybody know how they were really left if the search area wasn’t secure during the night. Then I read two more posts with explanations before I think I understand what he was trying to say. Hopefully the person who was supposed to get that message understood.

(my highlight in black)
I agree 100%, absolutely the most probable motive for this horrible crime.
IMO police should look for the killer somewhat close to the victims,
and I am sure that is exactly what they are doing.

Whoever did it, I'd like to spit in his beard.

Have you got a link to the Leazenby interview where he quotes that, I've missed it. Is it in the media thread?

(eta it is not in the media thread, i just looked so when we find it we need to add it)

About amber ale
Since Abby and Libby had an open casket viewing and funeral the wounds must not have been too bad. It is a riddle trying to figure out what was said by Supt. Carter at the last press conference. I have speculated on it too. The simple explanation could be that he is just a very religious man.

It is kind of sad that as of today it has been 2 years since the first sketch was released of the suspect in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. Now that there are 2 sketches you have to wonder if either of them is correct. Only time will tell.

When they first found the girls, they were very cagey about "foul play." I don't think they would have said that if there was a clearly horrendous scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500