Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible the perp actually didn’t phsyically touch them that much?

IMO, he was well covered so he very well could have left little, if any, DNA.

His hands were in his pockets so he could have had gloves on. He was covered in clothing from head to toe. And his head was covered with at least a cap and possibly the hoodie, too. And he may have had at least part of his face covered.

IMO, he was prepared. Whether he was targeting the girls beforehand or not, he had plans, especially if you consider how overdressed he was for the daytime temperature that day.

What happened to the guy that, along with new gf and others murdered a lady he used to date. Tortured her. This was maybe less than a year ago not too far from Delphi.
He is just about to get a plea deal if it is who I think it is.
Wasn't someone periodically checking the snowbird,'s property?
Did they see anything unusual in the house or outdoors area? We're they checking the property the day of the murders?
Good point but we have never heard if there was anyone doing that. Welcome to WS.

IMO, he was well covered so he very well could have left little, if any, DNA.

His hands were in his pockets so he could have had gloves on. He was covered in clothing from head to toe. And his head was covered with at least a cap and possibly the hoodie, too. And he may have had at least part of his face covered.

IMO, he was prepared. Whether he was targeting the girls beforehand or not, he had plans, especially if you consider how overdressed he was for the daytime temperature that day.

Am I the only one who sees somewhat of a badge on his hat? Maybe some insignia? It looks more like a hat to me, btw, not a cap.

I have wondered that as well.

This may be a different crime than many assume it would be. I don't think they were sexually assaulted. I think maybe the 'pleasure' came from the murders. JMO

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think people have heard rumors about the crime and they have become accepted as fact.

I also dont think they were sexually assaulted. I don’t think theres a lot of DNA.

Indeed, which is why I’m dying to know about this. For example, right now I’m trying to find similar cases in another WS case where the crime scene was staged ($20 left at scene, victim’s golf clubs pointing to body, etc.).

I’m also dying to know about SA simply for the reason of narrowing down what type of perp we are looking for as related to motive. I’m pretty confidant it’s SA MOO but we just don’t know for sure as this hasn’t been released. I’m not sure how revealing this particular element could compromise the integrity of the investigation, but LE has their reasons it seems.

I wonder if staging had more elements in it. If there were - a flower, a key, some pieces of glass next to the creek, and indeed a hood up, then I think I might have seen where the idea was taken from. And no SA because the sense is in undersaid.

Serial Killer Ted Bundy Describes Dangers Of *advertiser censored* The Night Before His Execution

“*advertiser censored* Was A Factor
The night before his death, Bundy was interviewed by Dr. James Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family. In one segment, Bundy told Dr. Dobson about the effect his *advertiser censored* addiction had on his life.

“Like most other kinds of addiction,“ he said, “I would keep looking for more potent, more explicit, more graphic kinds of material. Like an addiction, you keep craving something which is harder, harder, something which gives you a greater sense of excitement. Until you reach the point that *advertiser censored* only goes so far…”

Bundy added,

“I’ve lived in prison a long time now. I’ve met a lot of men who were motivated to commit violence just like me. And without exception, every one of them was deeply involved in *advertiser censored*. Without question, without exception, deeply influenced and consumed by addiction to *advertiser censored*.”

Bundy was well-known for giving conflicting information and often changed his facts about the same story several times. So it cannot be known for sure to what extent *advertiser censored* impacted his life. But it certainly impacted other lives – those of his victims and their families.

Today, there is even more evidence of a correlation between *advertiser censored* and more severe sexual crimes.

Sex Crimes Are Often Based In *advertiser censored*
Studies support that *advertiser censored* does play a major role in sex crimes.

• A Michigan State Police report showed that in 41 percent of sexual assault cases, *advertiser censored* was viewed just prior to or during the crime.
  • A University of New Hampshire study showed that the highest rape rates are in states that have high sales of *advertiser censored* magazines.
  • Research found that adult *advertiser censored* was connected with each of 1,400 sexual abuse cases in Lousiville, Kentucky. The majority of them were also connected with child *advertiser censored*.
  • Other studies found that heavy use of the type of *advertiser censored* sold at adult bookstores matched an increased willingness to commit rape or other forced sexual acts.

The FBI said *advertiser censored* is found at 80 percent of the scenes of violent sex crimes, or in the homes of the offender. Police officers say that *advertiser censored* use is one of the most common profile traits of serial murderers and rapists.

Serial Killer Ted Bundy Describes Dangers Of *advertiser censored* The Night Before His Execution

—-

'”'There was nothing he would see visually that could give him that high, and he made the tragic jump, and he killed a person. For six months, he
(Bundy) couldn`t believe he had done that. That subsided, and the sexual frenzy occurred again, and he killed another woman. He did it so many times that it got so he could not feel (emotion).''”

BUNDY BLAMES *advertiser censored*

Maybe. Sadly, he must first and foremost blame own brain. Born this way. Maybe not his fault, but these people are morbidly dangerous and need not exist in this world.

I think PF is from this group, although not as smart.

ETA: we had serial killers way before *advertiser censored* became commonplace. Jack the Ripper functioned at the time when mass *advertiser censored* was uncommon, although existed. They will say he targeted prostitutes, but in my mind, the choice was of the poorest who would not trigger intense search.

Last edited:
I also think its possible the perp had anger issues and snapped, and that this wasn’t a pre-planned crime.

Another possibility- if he is local and he did take issue with one of the girls/a family member, he might have been out on the trails that day for other reasons/ saw them being dropped off and took his opportunity. Targeted doesn’t always mean pre-planned.

One could surmise if the killer had weapons and or other implements on his person that were used in this murder then it would, IMO, be logical to assume he arrived there with intent, planning to murder that day, motive unknown.

I wonder if staging had more elements in it. If there were - a flower, a key, some pieces of glass next to the creek, and indeed a hood up, then I think I might have seen where the idea was taken from. And no SA because the sense is in undersaid.

A theory of mine is that the scene was staged with evidence that led to the wrong investigative strategy.

Is it possible the perp actually didn’t phsyically touch them that much?

Interesting idea. If he didn't touch them that much, then that would almost rule out SA. Truth is, I don't recall proof of how much DNA they have, or whether the scene was contaminated, or staged.

I tend to think they were sexually assaulted and that was the motivating factor. I'm not sure if they both were tho. But I think it's more than likely. The time frame throws me tho and I'm still not convinced of it. But that's just my hinky meter.

That time frame. That is a problem for me, in several ways.

From that bridge, down that hill across the driveway, down another hill, across some flat, cross the creek, up the hill on the other side, and then what? Two girls, one killer for all that? And nary a scream from an 8th grade girl? Doesn't make sense to me.

However, the scene LIKELY was unattended all night long.

Who called off that search anyway?

Am I the only one who sees somewhat of a badge on his hat? Maybe some insignia? It looks more like a hat to me, btw, not a cap.

Now you sent me back to the photos of the BG. I've never been a hat believer, but rather, brown hair. HOWEVER, I downloaded a picture of BG, and enlarged it. I MIGHT be persuaded he's wearing a type of mountain man hat, maybe a coonskin hat with face. Here's a picture of a badger hat....

81S3gvPdY%2BL._SX425_.jpg

That time frame. That is a problem for me, in several ways.

From that bridge, down that hill across the driveway, down another hill, across some flat, cross the creek, up the hill on the other side, and then what? Two girls, one killer for all that? And nary a scream from an 8th grade girl? Doesn't make sense to me.

However, the scene LIKELY was unattended all night long.

Who called off that search anyway?
It was a joint decision by LE, firefighter volunteers and EMS according to the sheriff in one of his interviews with a local woman. The interview is in the media thread I think and is the first question she asks.

A theory of mine is that the scene was staged with evidence that led to the wrong investigative strategy.

Probably, but that evidence itself might have been part of a scene that gave him the idea.
Apart from that piece, something else - flower, and pieces of glass/mirror, perhaps, eyeglasses - one of pieces must have been there if my idea is right. Or maybe, a piece of some gauze.

Does it also open up the question of whether they were murdered there or just dumped there or has that been formally answered since this report?

No. That video was published 10 days after the incident. There's never been any suggestion by LE that they were murdered elsewhere and dumped near the creek. There's only one crime scene.

Purdue intramural lights headed to park memorializing Abby and Libby near Delphi

Don't think this has been posted.

" "Never easy, is it?” Dan Rhodes, Duke’s community relations manager, called through the gloom to Mark Snodgrass, Zach Stell, Zack Down and Travis Bell, linemen with Duke Energy’s Kokomo office.

The goal for the volunteers Monday: Detach 10, 65-foot poles and lighting rigs from their concrete bases at Purdue’s former Intermural Black Fields, put them on a trailer and deliver them to Delphi, the next pieces to the puzzle for Abby and Libby Memorial Park.

“We’ve been looking for a way to help for a while,” Rhodes said about a park slowly coming together in the names of Abby Williams and Libby German, two eighth-grade friends whose 2017 murders remain unsolved in Delphi.

“A lot of people want to help, and it brings the community together,” Rhodes said. “This kind of fell into our lap and made a lot of sense for us.”

d703f0e2-168b-4e30-87eb-f0dbc42b6658-IMG_0238.jpg

Volunteers from Duke Energy take down the first of 10 light poles from Purdue University's former Intramural Black Fields on Monday, Nov. 18, 2019, at the southwest corner of State Street and Airport Road. The lights and 65-foot poles were donated by Purdue Research Foundation and delivered by Duke Energy to the Abby and Libby Memorial Park near Delphi.
Dave Bangert/Journal & Courier "

More at link

Now you sent me back to the photos of the BG. I've never been a hat believer, but rather, brown hair. HOWEVER, I downloaded a picture of BG, and enlarged it. I MIGHT be persuaded he's wearing a type of mountain man hat, maybe a coonskin hat with face. Here's a picture of a badger hat....

81S3gvPdY%2BL._SX425_.jpg

:) :) :)
I think something simpler ))). I have to get back to dad’s house to take a photo. I wonder if the fashion originated from Swiss mountaineers but maybe not.
ETA

Google Image Result for https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Chapeau_tyrolien.jpg

if you Google Swiss mountain hat, or maybe Tyrolean hat, and click images, you’ll see what I mean. One has to remove all applications and feathers, of course.

Last edited:
Bringing this here from the media thread post 789 courtesy @bradfordsleuth.

(In case this has been buried in the thread I am bumping it up.)

You can fast forward to the three minute 20 second mark mark to bypass the commentary and listen. They found something (undisclosed) on the bridge the day that ISP went back to the crime scene area.

February 23, 2017

(Apologies but the video didn't come over - please go to media thread page 40 post 789 to view the video. Still having reply box problems)

The same day as this article was printed.....

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members