IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a disturbing thought, and I'm sharing it here - please shoot it down because I don't want it to be true.

Could the perp himself have filmed his crimes using Libby's phone and left it as evidence on purpose?

jmopinon, thinking aloud, speculation, not fact

Had the same thought, this perp is bold, standing out on the bridge like that, hands apparently in pockets, giving orders, or what sounds like orders in public, who killed not only one, but two people then just left them out in the open for anybody to find, is capable of anything.
speculation in my opinion.

These are a few other manipulations I have made to the photo.

First I blew up the photo 300% and cropped it around the man.

attachment.php

I then increased the contrast and greatly decreased the brightness. Sometimes certain details can be seen just by changing brightness and contrast.

attachment.php

Lastly, I changed all color channels to grayscale. I set most of the colors to zero except for red which tends to pull out facial features for Caucasians.

attachment.php

I'm going to play around with it a little more before bed.
It also looks like he has somethind down his right pantleg. Bully clubish. Almost goes to his knee. What in the world could that be..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There seems to be some discrepancy to whether the suspect is wearing a hood, a cap, or both. Is it possible that it might be something like this?

9eb04d773d02a5d07879da6a44b51a26_zpsauamj2c1.jpg

1ef27eed78a5650d1bd76e293580ccc0_zps8c42x9du.jpg

You know what I think is extremely important? Identifying the type of hat this guy is wearing. While it is very tough to get a accurate assessment of his face, I would think law enforcement could determine to a degree the style of hat this man has on. Figure out the hat and we really could be onto something then. Figure out the type of hat, and then put that out there for all the public to see and think about who wears it............ I really think this could be KEY.

I just had a thought. So if he met the girls on the North end of the bridge, there would be another route down to the river that's much easier than the steep embankment at the edge of the bridge. There is another trail that runs parallel to the trail to the bridge. I've attached a picture. The left (high) trail goes to the bridge. The right (lower) trail takes you down to the river. I wonder if they didn't cross the median in the middle and take the lower path-down the hill- to the river and under the bridge? That would have been way more secluded and less chance of running into anyone else walking the trail. You can see the guy in red going up that lower trail as I'm at the bottom.
64117d280099b176506b420739f44ddd.jpg
bb1dad0e9556f5363d9f9afc3ac6aac1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the pictures, they really help give perspective.

Question about the lower trail- If they took the lower trail down to the creek, wouldn't they have to cross through the creek to get to the area they were found? That bank to the north east or the bridge/creek appears to be like a cliff looking at topo maps and the lower trail would put them at the creek bank west of the bridge.

Could be either. We need law enforcement to get their experts to determine what kind of hat this is. If we could know that, then you'd be on your way to capturing this SOB.

Wow, looks just like the outline under BG's coat, good find
Someone else, I believe Margarita25 (spelling?) had that photo - for the holster on the opposite side. I just reversed the image for them. So credit to that user.

Thank you to all the individuals who have put in time and effort to photograph the scene and do Photoshop work.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-14&p=13187913#post13187913

I posted in the previous thread, post 1000, that Morgan Harrington was dumped in a random location on a farm in VA.
My memory kicked in and I want to correct to say the killer was familiar with the territory and location. Therefore he stuck with places familiar to him as is often the case with killers.

In the Delphi case, I'd bet their killer is familiar with the territory and location of his crime.

Both are good points! :thumb:

It also looks like he has somethind down his right pantleg. Bully clubish. Almost goes to his knee. What in the world could that be..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I initially thought something similar, but looking at both photos released by LE make me believe that this is just artifacts in the image compression.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• original - pic1.jpeg
    original - pic1.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 482
  • original - pic2.jpeg
    original - pic2.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 482
I said yesterday I may try this again so here goes:

Okay, so on the 'profiling' front, (scare quotes because this isn't super scientific) this post looks at offenders in cases where two girls went missing/murdered together.

I do not think that is the only way to 'profile' this case. One might also look at an offender who targeted a young teen girl at a park or other rural setting, or perhaps look even narrower for only those cases where the victim was not taken from scene, body was not buried, etc. It also could make a difference whether the offender just randomly came across his victims, or was stalking one and the other just happened to be there at the time. However, it could be that a certain type of offender (perhaps an inexperienced one) might hold off for a victim who is alone, while a certain type of offender feels confident enough to attack two people together.

Kristin Lisk - 15 and Katie Lisk 12 - Virginia, May 1, 1997. Probably taken from outside their home, found 5 days later in river 40 miles away. (****the killer was identified and is now deceased, so we know this case could not be related. He also was convicted for taking another girl from outside her home in a single abduction.)

Jennifer Bolduc and Sarah Hajney, both 16, - New York, 1996 after 7AM at or en route from the Hajney home. (killed by Hajney's neighbor, he later hung himself in jail.)

Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman - both 10, UK, 2002 - out for a walk and lured into the home of their teacher by her boyfriend (she was not home.) He had just had an angry argument with the teacher, who he accused of cheating on him. (killer appears to still be incarcerated.)

Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis - 12 and 13 years old. They knew their killer, the father of one of their friends. One of the girls had reported that Ward Weaver had tried to rape her previously but it was not investigated by LE. killer is incarcerated. Bodies were buried under concrete pad in yard (Ashley) and in a box in his shed (Miranda).

Taylor Placker, 13 and Skyler Whitaker, 11 shot to death in 2008 while out on a walk by Kevin Sweat. Left in ditch where they were attacked. Sweat is incarcerated.

In other cases, the killer was not found, and/or the girls are still missing such as that of the Lyons sisters, the Abell sisters and the Reker sisters, and Lyric/Elizabeth so there is no offender to compare to.

This is a VERY small sample set and is not exhaustive. Methods of killing seemed to vary. Some knew their attackers previously, others did not. In two of the cases at least one girl was fearful of her abductor, who she knew. The cases where the abductors were unknown seem largely to be crimes of opportunity. Most of these killers left or dumped bodies with little effort to conceal apparently (w/ exception of one who knew his victim.)

None of the cases seemed to have a financial motive/drug motive/revenge motive, etc. Largely the cases seemed to be sexually oriented crimes of opportunity. A high number of these offenders had committed other violent crimes in the past or went on to do so in the future. It's worth noting that all seem to have been committed by lone actors.

If anyone comes across other cases that fit where there was an offender convicted you can PM them to me and I will update this list as I have time.

Thank you for this!! It stuck out to me that LE has seemed to stress (IMO) there may be multiple suspects. From what I've seen, these cases tend to have a sexually motivated factor and (I feel gross typing this) they wouldn't want some other person as a part of that fantasy they have in their head with these girls. In cases I've seen where there are multiple suspects, it's usually not sexually motivated and the suspects are familiar with the kids. (Family kidnapping type of scenario, ransom situations, etc.) All MOO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to profiling a bit - I have seen photos of holsters across the chest, bags sticking out of jackets, snow goggles, etc. I feel like we should address the logic of the photo and the attire. This looks like a man who blends in with the location for the time of year and temp. I do not see a man who looks out of place in any way.

Approaching the girls, if it is Abigail's coat in the second frame (which I believe it is) would they be more likely to allow him to approach if he looked normal? Even walking up on them and knowing they could possibly be in danger based on the circumstances of their surroundings and options for escape, they allowed him to get close enough to take control of the situation.

What was the purpose of this man being in this area?
Why did the girls not run (some people have pointed out very recognizable attire or features that would be alarming if they were present)?
No one saw him, could that be because he was planning this attire and was in a descreet location to observe the bridge?

If your plan (profiling 101 is to put yourself in the perp's shoes) were to murder someone on a trail, would you be walking w a black police baton, gun, plastic bag, rope, etc. sticking out of your clothing? Think of the voice. Controlled. Think of the picture, he blends.

My opinion stands that this was a man who went to the location for this purpose. I do not believe he knew nor lured the girls, as I believe the coat in the picture is the back of Abigail and the perp attempting to pass her. I also stand that he has a concealed weapon fanny pack on and his right hand is inside where a gun would be. These are my opinions and anything is possible.

Logical brain storming can produce new information. Anyone could really find a clue that leads to an arrest, even on grainy photos. I would think the fanny pack would be a product you would know your husband, hunting buddy, etc. had. I would be scanning for that in every Facebook picture if I were from the area. I also believe he is someone others would not expect. My opinions :)

There seems to be some discrepancy to whether the suspect is wearing a hood, a cap, or both. Is it possible that it might be something like this?

9eb04d773d02a5d07879da6a44b51a26_zpsauamj2c1.jpg

1ef27eed78a5650d1bd76e293580ccc0_zps8c42x9du.jpg
Yeah, I never bought BG wearing a hoodie. It looks like a hat to me.

This is good stuff, and I think this is exactly what he had on his person. It clearly looks like the outline of a gun under his jacket, IMO.

The thing is, the photo looks like the gun-shape is somehow "hanging" in the jacket - more like something in the pocket more than something underneath a jacket. It doesn't seem the jacket fabric would mold to the shape so much. I think it's an optical illusion.

jmopinion

I finally created an account earlier today after lurking here since law enforcement released that terrifying recording last week. I commend you all for staying on top of information and doing your best to help locate this monster.

I grew up in Northwest Indiana before moving to Chicago but very rarely ventured elsewhere in the state so my knowledge of the area is non-existent.
That said, the case initially received a good deal of coverage here which is probably why it stuck with me. I also have a 13-year-old sister so, of course, I automatically think of her and her safety.

My opinion on the case has changed multiple times and there's still so much that's unknown. The only two thoughts that have stayed consistent with me are that it wasn't random and that the person responsible was familiar with the location. I'm not saying he's a current resident but perhaps he lived there at some point, has friends/family in the area, or conducted business there. This seems even more plausible after reading the account of the poster who went there and took photos.

I don't think the girls had any connection to the murderer but it seems he purposely sought them out. I know there hasn't been a definitive answer as to whether or not social media played a role but, at the very least, he could've used it to decipher their whereabouts and plans for the day since their accounts were public. Initially, I thought this was a case of a pedophile who created a fake profile and pretended to be a teenage boy to lure them in. They agreed to meet and go hiking but instead of the aforementioned boy, they're met by the murderer. The man says something that only the girls and the boy they thought they were talking to would know and that immediately triggers Libby's inner panic button so she decides to record for evidence because she knows something is about to go horribly wrong.

The only part giving me pause is the SC photo. For some reason, it gives me the impression of two girls goofing around and having fun together but not en route to meet anyone. If that's the case, it goes back to them being traceable via social media.

Like all of you, I hope this case is solved ASAP. There's just something so dark and sinister about it all that gives me an uneasy feeling every time I think about it.

I'm not sure if this will help any either, but I tried cleaning up the picture I bit more. Unfortunately, the smaller it gets, the clearer it gets. It's been a while since I've really done anything with any kind of graphics on here, so I apologize if it's just a waste of space.

BG1.jpg

This happened in my town years ago. Very scary because no one knew who did it, the police were stumped. It wasn't until years later the killer was named.

Was he a stranger, or was he known to the victims?

have wondered about this myself, weather someone else had met them in the trail behind the cemetery and Bridge guy was just a guy passing by. But then I think back to when Le said that Bridge guy was a POI and then later they said they now believe him to be a suspect. What did they find to change their determination. Obviously they know more than we do and I find it hard to believe that they would do that without having something to tie him to the actual crime.
I

I think they knew all along that he was the prime suspect. But I don't think they wanted him or his friends and family to realize that at first. Same reason they tried to make the public believe it was from a trail camera.

LE did not want the to know that they had all of that information. They wanted him to come in for an interview, thinking he was more of a witness than a suspect. Also, his friends/family might be more willing to turn him in if they thought he was an eyewitness, rather than a murder suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member