KY KY - Samantha Jones Sperry, 25, Graves County, 29 March 2018

I was hoping that Ashley Banfield's people would have reached out to Samantha's husband to hear what he had to say. I didn't see a mention of him at all. It isn't even clear that she was still living with him at the time of all of this and I say that because it would seem her husband didn't even know she was missing when this went down since it was her mother who attempted a missing persons report with the police in the town she lived in.

Samantha apparently left her cell phone at home but where was that? Did Samantha tell her husband anything before she left that day she went missing? Where she was going? When she would be back? Did Samantha have another phone aside from the one that was left at home? Do we know why Rhen was "suicidal", if true? Was Samantha going back to her husband? When did her husband last see her? Who was watching her kids? Who was the last person that physically saw Samantha other than the POIs? When was that? Who was the last person that Samantha spoke with or messaged other than the POIs? When was that?

What is bothering me in this is that Samantha's cell phone was at home. Samantha's car was found on Dooms Chapel RD near the intersection with KY 131. The impression was that Samantha and Rhen were together in that car in the beginning but the story changed. So, how did Rhen get Samatha's vehicle? When did he get her car? What am I missing here?

We know from who the POIs are that there are multiple arrests in multiple counties in recent times for some serious crimes. One of them was one of 7 people arrested in a Motorcycle stealing ring and stolen weapons. Was Samantha aware of, or knew even more about such things? Was she aware of other crimes by these individuals? Did people start getting arrested not long after Samantha and Rhen started their tryst some time prior (the family learned about two weeks prior but I suspect it was going on longer) and someone thought she was ratting them out?

What time was it when Samantha allegedly parted ways to go to a nearby relative's? Did the person she was with have a cell phone with him? Why didn't she call the relative first, if only to know they were home? Did that guy call anyone since he would have to get that ATV out?

Honestly, I think we are missing significant information in this case. Given the amount of time Samantha could have ended up no where near where they have been searching. We don't have any real time line from LE.

I find it strange that her car was found not far down the road for what appears to be the most recent address for Rhen (or his family) and that the road he showed up on a few days later when he came to a house is the same road where the guy Samantha was allegedly with when she went missing lives (or his family). Did Rhen turn up at the other POIs house or family of the other POI?

When did Rhen's family call police? I would assume they would have called the Sheriff's office if they did. If someone threatens suicide and is thought to be armed the first thing you do is call 911.

So understanding the time line of all of this - most importantly where was Samantha when this all started? - would go a long way in being able to determine just how long Samantha was truly missing and whether other areas need to be looked at for searching.

The police and family have that time line. Unfortunately since it is an open investigation that is information that is not able to be released to the public. Samantha and her husband were separated at the time that she went missing he is not a suspect.
The only thing that can be said for certain is the last person she was seen alive with was Rhen that is FACT
After that the rest of the story comes from the POIs
There has been an award posted for information leading to her whereabouts and the prosecution of the person/ persons responsible.
Anyone with any information is urged to call crimestoppers or Graves County Sheriffs Department

The police and family have that time line. Unfortunately since it is an open investigation that is information that is not able to be released to the public. Samantha and her husband were separated at the time that she went missing he is not a suspect.
The only thing that can be said for certain is the last person she was seen alive with was Rhen that is FACT
After that the rest of the story comes from the POIs
There has been an award posted for information leading to her whereabouts and the prosecution of the person/ persons responsible.
Anyone with any information is urged to call crimestoppers or Graves County Sheriffs Department
Were Samantha and her husband physically separated? He seems to be out of the loop at times with information in this case.

Unless Samantha and Rhen were together somewhere other than her "home" -- still not clear whether she was living elsewhere or her husband was or what - how did her car get to where it was? Right now the story reads as if Samantha went to go find Rhen but it begs the question of why her phone was at "home". Was she living in Murray or was she living with Rhen somewhere else? Where were her kids when she left to go that day?

What I can't reconcile is how it was possible for her to go the day she went missing unless someone else was watching her kids. And she doesn't take her phone. So it leaves me to wonder if Rhen was living in the same place with Samantha and that would mean - because her phone was found at home - that she might not have ever left to allegedly go find Rhen.

There isn't any doubt in my mind about who is involved with this - Rhen and the POIs - but I am trying to figure out the earliest possible time she could have been missing - not seen or in contact with others not connected to the POIs - and thus how much time there really was for something to have happened to her and where she could have ended up. When the situation is where the story changes of what allegedly happened then you have to roll all the way back to the last person unconnected to the POIs to see her alive or for Samantha to have been in contact with to be the last true sighting or contact.

Have the searchers gone through the large pond behind Bell Rd (behind an address for Rhen) just of Dooms Chapel RD? Or are they sticking to Kaler Bottoms off Tim RD area?

The way I see it....she went into the woods with 2 people and they came out and she didn't. If their polygraph results come back as deception, LE just needs to continue to dig for evidence if they are guilty of harming her...IMO.

SHE was physically separated from her husband at the time. They both lived in their own homes. Rhen lived in his place as well.
There is only so much I can say.
He children were with their father that day because she was supposed to that night.
Her and Rhen was verified as being seen together earlier the day she went missing.
It was Samantha’s car that was abandoned. Rhen has taken it. It is unknown if it that time she was in the car
I wish I could answer more questions but however I can not as I said it is an open investigation and all evidence and everything known can not be released to the public for obvious reasons.

I'm finding it insane that three people go into the woods and two come out and no one is talking. I think it's odd than neither man has rolled on the other. Or denied they all went in together. It doesn't make sense in my head.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bouncing of his to use the link
Just read through, it does not sound good. She actually went missing on the Tuesday 27th but was reported as missing Thursday. From the link above - they shared the County sheriff page. I was getting confused as to time frames .
Has it actually been confirmed she even went into the bush to search for this man.
Do we know how far into the bush the ATV was found - sorry if I missed that.

Being dehydrated and hypothermic.
I am a bit confused ( dehydration Makes sense) but I just checked the temperature in Graves County and it says 28*C or 82*F - here in Aus that is quite pleasant temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read through, it does not sound good. She actually went missing on the Tuesday 27th but was reported as missing Thursday. From the link above - they shared the County sheriff page. I was getting confused as to time frames .
Has it actually been confirmed she even went into the bush to search for this man.

I am a bit confused ( dehydration Makes sense) but I just checked the temperature in Graves County and it says 28*C or 82*F - here in Aus that is quite pleasant temperature.

The historical weather I saw showed it was 40s-50s at the end of March beginning of April, so I think it could be possible he had hypothermia, especially if he had gotten wet.

Well, the important thing is that the story told had changed more than once. I don't know if one should believe one version over the other or how much any of it is factual. The original story had her and Rhen Hendrickson who was allegedly suicidal together and her car was found abandoned on Dooms Chapel RD and then he turned up on Easter Sunday on Tim RD. The next story was that Rhen Hendrickson was missing and suicidal and Samantha went with another individual on an ATV to try to find him and the ATV got stuck and that Samantha said she was walking to a relative's house.

At this point, everything would have to roll back to the last person - not connected to any of the individuals involved - to have seen her or to have spoken to her on the phone. That would have to be considered the last true time she was last seen and the last time she was in contact with someone as the words of the individuals involved can't be taken as fact in any way.

Sam was never suicidal with Rhen. They had gotten into an argument and Rhen took off with her car. Rhen then was supposedly suicidal when he went into the woods. Supposedly taking a bottle of pills and a shotgun in with him. Sam was not in her car when Rhen went into the woods. They all started off at the uncles house Paul Holder. Sam and Dusty, Rhens father then supposedly entered the woods on a 4 wheeler, supposedly looking for Rhen. Dusty came out the next morning, Rhen came out 5 days later. During that time the weather was rainy, cold 35-50 degrees during the day less at night. Note that I mentioned supposedly a lot in listing the events. Yes the story has changed multiple times. According to Dusty they split up 1: when they came out of the woods and Sam headed towards Mayfield 2: when they came out of the woods and Sam headed towards her relatives 3: in the woods after the 4 wheeler got stuck.
The only FACT is that Rhen and Sam were seen on video in Murray at a gas station earlier that day. That to my knowledge is the last CONFIRMED sighting of Samantha. Everything else is stories that come from the people or family of the two men that have made it out of the woods.
IMO it is very possible that Sam may have never entered the woods and the whole scene there is to completely throw the search off. It’s possible they have hidden her body somewhere else.

Sam was never suicidal with Rhen. They had gotten into an argument and Rhen took off with her car. Rhen then was supposedly suicidal when he went into the woods. Supposedly taking a bottle of pills and a shotgun in with him. Sam was not in her car when Rhen went into the woods. They all started off at the uncles house Paul Holder. Sam and Dusty, Rhens father then supposedly entered the woods on a 4 wheeler, supposedly looking for Rhen. Dusty came out the next morning, Rhen came out 5 days later. During that time the weather was rainy, cold 35-50 degrees during the day less at night. Note that I mentioned supposedly a lot in listing the events. Yes the story has changed multiple times. According to Dusty they split up 1: when they came out of the woods and Sam headed towards Mayfield 2: when they came out of the woods and Sam headed towards her relatives 3: in the woods after the 4 wheeler got stuck.
The only FACT is that Rhen and Sam were seen on video in Murray at a gas station earlier that day. That to my knowledge is the last CONFIRMED sighting of Samantha. Everything else is stories that come from the people or family of the two men that have made it out of the woods.
IMO it is very possible that Sam may have never entered the woods and the whole scene there is to completely throw the search off. It’s possible they have hidden her body somewhere else.
If it is true that Rhen took off with her car then what is the alleged story of how she got to that area to allegedly look for him? Did someone claim to have picked her up to bring her there? Did she call someone for a ride? Did she walk? That seems to be the biggest hole in the various stories.

I agree that it is very possible that Samantha never entered the woods. Any idea how much time there was between the sighting on video and when either of them had been reported missing?

Is it known whether LE has processed Samantha's phone, since it was found at her home?

It is possible that they drove the car to the uncles home together where the alleged argument happened. Rhen then took her car and went off into the woods. If the phone has actually been processed is something that should have been done immediately unfortunately it was not and I cannot say for certain if it has or not been

There is a search with the Graves County Sheriff's Office and trained searchers on Saturday. Hopefully they will find Samantha or something to move forward in finding her.

I noticed the page being ran for Samantha shared a post this morning. The search was supposed to start at 9am and at 930 only two cars were present. I haven’t seen an update since.

I noticed the page being ran for Samantha shared a post this morning. The search was supposed to start at 9am and at 930 only two cars were present. I haven’t seen an update since.
If you see the update that was made by the person that made the original post that had the photo of the two vehicles they said in the update that unlike previous searches the searchers went directly to their assigned search locations rather than all get together at a staging area. Don't know if the update trickled down into the comments.

If you see the update that was made by the person that made the original post that had the photo of the two vehicles they said in the update that unlike previous searches the searchers went directly to their assigned search locations rather than all get together at a staging area. Don't know if the update trickled down into the comments.

Ahhh thank you! Yes it must have trickled down. I haven’t been back to look since I saw it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back