Marc Klaas CHAT TONIGHT 7:00PM PACIFIC, 10:00 PM EASTERN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have a question for Mr. Klass but I would like to add my thanks for him taking the time to do this. I would also like to give him a big hug for all the kids who won't go missing because of his unselfish actions.:blowkiss: :clap::clap::clap:

I am looking forward to this!
I so respect and admire Mr. Klass for his passion for what he believes in!

Tricia,you are amazing!Thank you so much for this!:clap::blowkiss::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I wonder if this particular date was chosen either consciouly or subconsioucly becase it is JBRs 18th b-day

What time? I looked but can't seem to find a time listed.

post_old.gif
07-31-2008, 04:59 AM
Tricia
user_offline.gif

Administrator

Marc Klaas To Participate in Websleuths Chat.
Dear Websleuths members,

Marc Klaas, Polly Klaas's dad, will be answering our questions Wednesday August 6th, 7:00 PM Pacific and 10:00 PM Eastern.

post_old.gif
07-31-2008, 04:59 AM
Tricia
user_offline.gif

Administrator

Marc Klaas To Participate in Websleuths Chat.
Dear Websleuths members,

Marc Klaas, Polly Klaas's dad, will be answering our questions Wednesday August 6th, 7:00 PM Pacific and 10:00 PM Eastern.

Thank you. Sorry, I didn't see that.

EXCELLENT.....I have a lot of respect for Mark Klaas!

Mr Klaas -

Thank you for all you do . One person can make a difference

What would you advocate people do in their own communities ?

Great post, bump.

More on Mr. Marc Klass

http://www.survivingparentscoalition.org/bio-klaas.php

Through federal and state legislative efforts Mr. Klaas and the KlaasKids Foundation have promoted prevention programs for at-risk youth, stronger sentencing for violent criminals and governmental accountability and responsibility. Often times this advocacy takes the form of congressional or other legislative testimony
Mr. Klaas has appeared on virtually every network television newsmagazine, syndicated talk show and is regularly called upon as a resource for CNN, FOX, MSNBC and CNBC cable news channels advocating on behalf of missing children, abused children and victim’s rights. He has written for Newsweek Magazine and published numerous editorial opinions for newspapers nationwide. Mr. Klaas travels extensively through the United States visiting communities, facilitating town-hall meetings, encouraging innovative solutions and proven programs to positively impact issues of crime, abuse and neglect.
He also meets and works with numerous victim families and families of kidnapped children offering advice, counseling, support and expertise on ways to promote cases through the media, the court of public opinion and the criminal justice system. Mr. Klaas is also a member of the advisory board member for the Center for the Community Interest, Fight Crime Invest in Kids and the Crime Victims Report.

http://www.klaaskids.org/

*snip* from Klasskids.org

We can win the war for our children’s future by acknowledging that crimes against children deserve a high priority on our national and personal agenda’s. Then, by forming and promoting partnerships with concerned citizens, the private sector, organizations, law enforcement and legislators we take responsibility to become part of the solution to fighting crime and we can take pride in pro-active accomplishments

http://www.klaaskids.org/whatyoucando.html

What You Can Do

Our goal is to stop crimes against children. Objectives include:
  • Promoting parental awareness and child safety tips; Providing communities with pro-active steps for creating safer neighborhoods;
  • Establishing children’s rights by affecting legislation that will protect children.
Nothing is more important than the safety and protection of our children. The key to their safety is awareness, education and prevention.
  • Give them the tools necessary to protect their own safety. Teach them self-esteem and self-preservation. They have to realize that they can listen to their feelings, and talk to trusted grown-ups about their problems and concerns.
  • Fingerprint your children and keep a current photo in a safe place.
More at website....

http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-leg.htm

[SIZE=+3]T[/SIZE]he KlaasKids Foundation advocates legislation that protects our children and victims of violent crime. You can see if your state actively pursues community notification of sex offenders in the Megan's Law section and here, if they have a victim's rights amendment.
To find out if your state has implemented Megan's Law or has a Victim's Rights Amendment to the State Constitution just click on the links. If you are dissatisfied with the results of your query, simply contact your state legislators and demand that they pursue these important legislative goals.(posted here February 24, 1998)

UGH!! I lost my connection and cannot get back on!! :(

I missed this chat, which I was really looking forward to, due to an emergency with my grandfather. Can I find a transcript somehow??

The same thing happened to me. I finally gave up.
I'm not sure if it will work on Java, but when you're booted, log back in and change your name a 'bit' as it still has you listed as logged in, you can always change it back to your real name later.............

I'm assuming that chat is over. Anything revealed regarding weleetka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther