MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found @Missouri Mule discussed the sliding glass door in #5, post 33.

But my question is more to the girls leaving the door open to keep the room cool, assuming there was a screen door....
Suzie room was garage conversion. Not the best , but a rare photo under the car port .

Attachments

• CB897C60-6FBF-4118-91B4-D7EC3AF7B3E2.jpeg
    CB897C60-6FBF-4118-91B4-D7EC3AF7B3E2.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 38
That is a different take, for sure. I just don't see, going to delmar, to get Sherrill, as worth the risk.

Let´s think about the prevailing theory, that which asserts that three women were kidnapped from a house without leaving any evidence. Imagine how risky would that be. And what would be the motive to do something like that? Thirty years and nobody knows. It would be worth taking the risk to kill whoever could be a witness of a crime that could destroy your future, your reputation (and of the ones you love). I believe that too much effort has been put to find the perfect suspect (that one everybody feels comfortable to point at). Nobody wants to believe that the person/people involved in the disappearance could be an ordinary person acting out of fear. This is just my hypothesis.

Last edited:
The sliding door is on the back part of her room, correct?

EDIT: Post #22 by @HmmWhoKnows in the thread 'The Springfield Three' > 'Images only NO DISCUSSION', there is a drawing of the house floor plan that shows a slider going from Suzie's room to the patio. Possibly left unlocked?

Farther down in the thread is a photo of the house showing the windows of Sherrill's bedroom. One window is fully open and the screen is propped against the house.
I'm sure the police looked at that. I wonder what their conclusion was...

Last edited:
I think one thing we can say with a fair degree of accuracy is that all three women weren't targeted; one or two were not expected to be there. So pick the one or two targets and hey presto! Narrow your pick for culprit(s).

I can think of only one person. Sherrill.

Maybe I’m out of line but to my mind that points to one suspect only. And the motive is clear.

Now if someone chooses to believe the APCO debunked story we are still stuck in a rut.

Maybe I’m out of line but to my mind that points to one suspect only. And the motive is clear.

Now if someone chooses to believe the APCO debunked story we are still stuck in a rut.
As I like conspiracy theories, I'm a fan of the APCO/restaurant debunked sightings (and the lady on the porch seeing the van), but they are a major rut, you're right. I'll still pick Suzie as the target, though God only knows.

@cherrymeg and I spoke on the phone yesterday, and she has brought some interesting perspectives to my attention. @Missouri Mule, I agree with you, but I just do not know what to make of certain aspects of this case. I personally don't see rape being the motive or Sherrill being the target. Cherrymeg and I also both agree that there's something about this case that makes it feel as though the answer should be obvious. Like there's just one clue missing to answer everything. That's what sucked me in. Also the endless possibilities of what could have happened.

If anyone else is interested in speaking over the phone about this case, just let me know. I'm currently working on a podcast of this case. I want it to be heavily detailed so It'll probably take a week or so.

@cherrymeg and I spoke on the phone yesterday, and she has brought some interesting perspectives to my attention. @Missouri Mule, I agree with you, but I just do not know what to make of certain aspects of this case. I personally don't see rape being the motive or Sherrill being the target. Cherrymeg and I also both agree that there's something about this case that makes it feel as though the answer should be obvious. Like there's just one clue missing to answer everything. That's what sucked me in. Also the endless possibilities of what could have happened.

If anyone else is interested in speaking over the phone about this case, just let me know. I'm currently working on a podcast of this case. I want it to be heavily detailed so It'll probably take a week or so.
I agree on the "some things should be obvious" part, as do many; the trouble is, agreeing on just which things, lol.

Is it a crime of opportunity ? Or planned ?

Sherrill - could have been planned .

Girls - never was supposed to be there / rapidly changing plans - not planned .

Opportunity opens the suspect pool much further imo .

What could be the motive if Sherrill was the target? You mentioned before that you believed this crime was comitted by one male. Right?
As for the APCO sighting, I have to say that, in this case (and in any other case) people choose to believe in one thing or the other. Actually, the police decided to believe in the alibi provided by Robert Cox's girlfriend. Then it turned out that he and her wife were not telling the truth.

They knew Cox was on death row for murder previously , and two abductions in Cali . And the best vetting you do is his girlfriend ??
That’s a horrible investigation imo . I can’t even imagine how sloppy less violent people were investigated .

Last edited:

Maybe she was seeing a married man and threatened to tell his wife...maybe even got pregnant and threatened to go to the wife? Just a wild guess.

I think opportunity or a set of circumstances. It was graduation night people were celebrating. It wouldn't be an ideal time to plan an abduction of anyone probably. Kids go from house to house, parents go out or have family over.

It was planned, but also opportune -

It was planned - that is, there was a motive beyond mere impulse - but also it was opportune, in that the perps had a means of entry, with, as well, knowledge of whose cars were outside, and enough manpower to snatch those inside.

Why that very night? Who knows, really, but, as Macbeth said about murder, "If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well it were done quickly." Whatever the reason for the crime, the moment presented itself. 'Twere well it were done quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member