Found Deceased OH - Quentin Ellcessor, 4, non-verbal autistic, Kenton, 22 Oct 2020

Hopefully to set some guidelines and expectations to avoid the problems you were having and avoid anything that can interfere with finding Quentin

I suspect there might have been more than a few complaints about what the volunteer searchers were doing. I mean sure, everyone wants this little dude found, but sometimes zeal & a good heart overrides good manners. It happens.

jmo

I watched the news report with the police chief. It wasn't a press conference per se. He just talked about the different agencies assisting and asked people to be respectful of the family and each other, and talked about ground and air searches tomorrow. I'm not sure how to link it here.

I really feel for his family. Not only is their little boy missing but some people won't understand how this can happen. (I do understand, though. I've seen a child disappear in a moment.) I hope his parents and grandparents have true support surrounding them.

There are several virtually identical cases I followed here in the past year. Still hoping for the best outcome for this boy.

I'd like to ask the neighbor who is here whether LE made a request for everyone in the area to check their security camera footage from the 22nd (to try to find which way he may have gone.) It's just so sad that there's a river right there.

OCT 25, 2020
Search continues in Kenton for missing boy - The Lima News
[...]

According to a news release, the police department with the Hardin County Sheriff’s Office initially searched the southeast quadrant of the city as well as the Scioto River but so far the child hasn’t been found. Since then the search has expanded.

On Sunday, 300 residences were canvassed and nearly 100 people interviewed. Registered sex offenders were also located and interviewed.

Nearly 600 volunteers have helped conduct searches in an effort to find the child.

On Monday, efforts will include ground and air resources expanding their search of the Scioto River.

[...]

OCT 25, 2020
The search in Kenton continues for Quentin
[...]

On Sunday, Chief Dennis Musser of the Kenton Police Department said that along with the department, 15 other agencies are aiding in the search efforts. This includes the US Marshall’s office, FBI, and BCI, who Musser says they wouldn’t have been able to get this far in the investigation without.

They have already searched the 237 residences in the immediate area Quentin went missing, and have interviewed the occupants. All surveillance footage from any homes or businesses in that area were also collected.

Musser says that nothing has been ruled out as far as what could have happened to Quentin. “We’re not giving up or drawing down at this point, we’re going to continue to search and we appreciate the public’s support,” says Musser.

[...]

Musser says they are now restricting people from certain areas of the search. “We are trying to limit repeating civilian efforts in the areas where we’ve had confrontations with homeowners and things like that. Like I said we do appreciate the public’s help, however, we have to look out for their safety," says Musser.

[...]

Musser says, “We would ask that they do respect the family, they do respect the efforts of our community and law enforcement. You’re always going to have that, I understand it’s a social media age, but highly disrespectful and unproductive. And it’s not helpful.”

[...]

I really feel for his family. Not only is their little boy missing but some people won't understand how this can happen. (I do understand, though. I've seen a child disappear in a moment.) I hope his parents and grandparents have true support surrounding them.

There are several virtually identical cases I followed here in the past year. Still hoping for the best outcome for this boy.

I'd like to ask the neighbor who is here whether LE made a request for everyone in the area to check their security camera footage from the 22nd (to try to find which way he may have gone.) It's just so sad that there's a river right there.

NO!! I told 2 different officers on day 1 that neighbor across from them have cameras and guy across from me to left have cameras. No one checked them out. Not one officer knocked on any doors in our block to ask questions or tell us he was missing. Finally the Delaware County Child Abduction Unit arrived the next day and showed up at our house. They stopped in the middle of our interview to check cameras after I told them. There is so much I want to say at the moment but can't. The last 2 days of the civilian searchers has been horrendous. Many altercations. Property damage, looking in people's windows, garages etc. This morning there were people in my backyard again and on my front porch looking through my things! LEO, FBI, Feds, etc and hundreds of volunteers have searched our properties and that's not an exaggeration. These last 2 days seem to be outoftowners and it's really getting weird. That's why I lost my cool yesterday when I saw a volunteer in the family's yard poking around in his boat. It's too much. No area has been searched more than these 3 houses and the river behind us. If there was any evidence, it was gone in the first hour with hundreds if not 1,000 of civilians trampling through our yards.

OCT 25, 2020
The search in Kenton continues for Quentin
[...]

On Sunday, Chief Dennis Musser of the Kenton Police Department said that along with the department, 15 other agencies are aiding in the search efforts. This includes the US Marshall’s office, FBI, and BCI, who Musser says they wouldn’t have been able to get this far in the investigation without.

They have already searched the 237 residences in the immediate area Quentin went missing, and have interviewed the occupants. All surveillance footage from any homes or businesses in that area were also collected.

Musser says that nothing has been ruled out as far as what could have happened to Quentin. “We’re not giving up or drawing down at this point, we’re going to continue to search and we appreciate the public’s support,” says Musser.

[...]

Musser says they are now restricting people from certain areas of the search. “We are trying to limit repeating civilian efforts in the areas where we’ve had confrontations with homeowners and things like that. Like I said we do appreciate the public’s help, however, we have to look out for their safety," says Musser.

[...]

Musser says, “We would ask that they do respect the family, they do respect the efforts of our community and law enforcement. You’re always going to have that, I understand it’s a social media age, but highly disrespectful and unproductive. And it’s not helpful.”

[...]
He didn't care about that yesterday.

NO!! I told 2 different officers on day 1 that neighbor across from them have cameras and guy across from me to left have cameras. No one checked them out. Not one officer knocked on any doors in our block to ask questions or tell us he was missing. Finally the Delaware County Child Abduction Unit arrived the next day and showed up at our house. They stopped in the middle of our interview to check cameras after I told them. There is so much I want to say at the moment but can't. The last 2 days of the civilian searchers has been horrendous. Many altercations. Property damage, looking in people's windows, garages etc. This morning there were people in my backyard again and on my front porch looking through my things! LEO, FBI, Feds, etc and hundreds of volunteers have searched our properties and that's not an exaggeration. These last 2 days seem to be outoftowners and it's really getting weird. That's why I lost my cool yesterday when I saw a volunteer in the family's yard poking around in his boat. It's too much. No area has been searched more than these 3 houses and the river behind us. If there was any evidence, it was gone in the first hour with hundreds if not 1,000 of civilians trampling through our yards.
I'm sorry for what you're going through. I really am. I remember feeling really bad for the neighbors of George and Cindy Anthony when Caylee disappeared. It was absolute chaos.

Probably not a foolproof idea, but have you considered NO TRESPASSING signs? It might help. Might not. So sorry. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery
Back