Found Deceased OR - Keith, 42, & Erin Kroeker, 39, & three kids, Marion County, 4 Jan 2017

Stepfather's statement seems odd - resigned they're no longer alive? All fires set separately?

I wonder if the family knows of internal struggles?

Has anyone found social media for the family? I see a lot of profiles with their names but not sure if any are them.

The Kroekers' family is getting frustrated with how long it's taking just to know if they were inside and who set the fire.

"We've reconciled to the fact that [they] are probably dead," said Arvid Freiberg, Erin's stepfather. "We want confirmation so we can start putting things together a memorial and a final resting place."

What is it about "too hot and unstable" that's hard to understand? This statement hit me as very weird. Like "hurry up and find the bodies so we can bury them." No hope that maybe someone survived?
I'm not implying anything. I just found it rather offensive regarding both the victims and the firemen.
I've never heard anything like that before. I hope he was misquoted.

http://www.kgw.com/mb/news/local/willamette-valley/1-dead-in-house-fire-near-hubbard/381570744

My husband said the same thing. We are local to this and when we heard the step father speak on the news, my husband said ,"um, that sounds odd, why would he say that?"

This morning's news stations are saying police are intentionally keeping very tight lipped , so I dont think we will hear much more until an arrest or resolution.
I do know yesterday they were having to dig through the ice for evidence. Its been insanely cold here and so when they sprayed the fire out all that water froze the scene.

Geez i never thought about the water freezing but that makes sense. What a mess.

Sounds as if somebody lit the place up to destroy evidence and create havoc and confusion. It appears to be working out quite well.

If it turns out that neither parent was responsible, then we have to assume that they associated with a very nasty person of one kind or another.

They will know by the end of today how many and what ages.......if they don't already. The cops may have instructed the responding firefighters to keep their big traps shut.

Snippets from the link below:

“We're pretty sure they're in there because there were two people that visited them that night. My wife talked to them that night,” said Arvid Freiberg, Erin Kroeker's stepfather. “And the people who visited them said that the kids were getting ready for bed when they left. And the car -- the main car they use -- is in the garage.”

Martushev said the family was involved in the church up until New Year's Day, which was the last day they came to church.
http://katu.com/news/local/investig...dy-found-in-hubbard-fire-family-still-missing

The latter is a curious comment. Sunday was New Year's Day. The fire was Tuesday AM (or Monday?), when the family was declared missing. The article makes it sound as though the family stopped attending church, but were there services between Sunday and the fire? Is it just saying that they were faithful parishioners until the day of the fire? Or, had the parents expressed their intentions on quitting the church, and perhaps that's why the visitors were there? The stepfather seems to know who the visitors were so they don't sound nefarious. Just wondering if the parents were having some sort of struggle or if I'm reading too much into the statement.

JMO

Snippets from the link below:

http://katu.com/news/local/investig...dy-found-in-hubbard-fire-family-still-missing

The latter is a curious comment. Sunday was New Year's Day. The fire was Tuesday AM (or Monday?), when the family was declared missing. The article makes it sound as though the family stopped attending church, but were there services between Sunday and the fire? Is it just saying that they were faithful parishioners until the day of the fire? Or, had the parents expressed their intentions on quitting the church, and perhaps that's why the visitors were there? The stepfather seems to know who the visitors were so they don't sound nefarious. Just wondering if the parents were having some sort of struggle or if I'm reading too much into the statement.

JMO

I think that is awkward wording by the reporter. The "involved in church" line is not a direct quote from anyone. It's written by the reporter. The point is that they were last seen at Church on Sunday and nothing was amiss/they were not missing before that.

I think that is awkward wording by the reporter. The "involved in church" line is not a direct quote from anyone. It's written by the reporter. The point is that they were last seen at Church on Sunday and nothing was amiss/they were not missing before that.
TY!

Still, I'm wondering who the visitors were the previous night. It's obvious the fires were deliberately set and, when the investigation is complete (whether or no more bodies are recovered), the visitors may hold the key to a possible motive (whether murder-suicide or homicide). I.e., they may know if anyone in the family was troubled or fearful about something. MOO

I think that poor stepfather is in shock. According to the quote above (IndyAnna's post #26) he believes the whole family perished in the fire. I forgive him his possibly awkward wording. Sometimes it takes a day or two for emotions to come up (speaking from my own experience with unexpected and painful events).

Geez i never thought about the water freezing but that makes sense. What a mess.
I was a volunteer firefighter in my young 20's and when it was cold trying to roll up hoses with water still in them was very difficult.

I believe from an earlier msm link that they were also concerned with going in and the structure still standing holding up.

Reading also the car still there isn't hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

are the 2 visitors accounted for?

I'm curious as to their marriage and finances. Please let me be wrong, but murder/suicide is the feeling I've got. I would imagine they would be trying to look for a suspect. On the news last night, it was stated the (I apologize in advance) the rooms of the children were the most destroyed. Those precious children!

Agriculture and manufacturing are the main occupations in Hubbard. Morning temps have been in the teens the past few days and right at freezing during the day which explains the difficult scene LE has to deal with. Looks like Keith has his own business, perhaps working from home on his property.....?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back