Found Deceased OR - Keith, 42, & Erin Kroeker, 39, & three kids, Marion County, 4 Jan 2017

I take it the coroner is going to be counting bullet holes in skulls, along with trying to find a weapon in the ashes. I haven't really seen anything that indicates that one of the parents may have been unhinged or would've been driven to commit an act like this. We really don't know what goes on in the private lives of people.......but none of this seems to fit their reputation.

I'm thinking we have an outsider with a grudge............but it's all going to depend if they can find a gun in the ashes or not........and even then, it may be hard to determine. Said killer could've shot everyone in their sleep and then tossed the gun down on the floor.

If it's someone they knew well and enjoyed a meal with them, the person or people are obviously a friend or friends. Do background checks on their friends and family. Do a web search for each friend. Their Facebook friends, look at each one and eliminate suspects as they are questioned, or keep them as suspects. Right now it's going to be a process of elimination of who done it. The answers are among friends and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin's stepfather also spoke about the 2 visitors and seemed to know them (apparently he spoke to them):

http://katu.com/news/local/investig...dy-found-in-hubbard-fire-family-still-missing

Would be good to have comments from those visitors to find out if they noticed anything unusual in the family's demeanor that night. Probably too painful for them to talk about right now. MOO

Or it could be something as simple as he felt disrespected or ridiculed by her in front of their company and just snapped.

Although this story is simply horrific, at least the children didn't suffer by burning to death. Sometimes the holidays bring out some emotions that some cannot control. If I remember correctly, these were regulars at church. Perhaps dad thought he was saving them by sending them to god?

Or it could be something as simple as he felt disrespected or ridiculed by her in front of their company and just snapped.
That is my thought perhaps an argument started up after the children were put to bed.
Something that happened during the visit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maybe the wife was leaving him ? And he just found out that evening ? :(
How in the H3LL can you harm your kids ?????

Kids had no smoke inhalation, daughter strangled AND shot.
Wife died of blunt force trauma, had smoke inhalation and was NOT shot.
Why kill the kids first and strangle the daughter? =(

Snip -
Autopsies revealed the children all died of shotgun wounds to the head. Leia Kroeker had also been strangled. They were in their bedrooms when they were killed.

The medical examiner reported the children’s bodies showed no signs of smoke inhalation before their deaths.

Erin Kroeker’s cause of death was blunt force head trauma that was determined to be homicidal violence, according to the medical examiner.

Keith Kroeker shot himself in the head. Erin and Keith Kroeker’s bodies did show signs of smoke inhalation before they died.

The mother and children were all wearing “bed clothes,” according to investigators. Keith Kroeker was dressed in blue jeans, a thermal shirt and work boots.

http://www.kptv.com/story/36119507/...bbard-house-fire-was-murder-suicide-by-father

Thanks Blondie. What a beautiful picture. And a terrible loss.

I wonder what his motive was.

I'm going to guess that he beat his wife unconscious and thought he had killed her. Then he killed the kids and himself. I doubt that he killed the kids before incapacitating their mother. As for the strangling of the one child, he might have thought it would be an easy task like they portray it on tv, but in reality, it takes minutes and would be very hard to watch for someone who just wanted to end things. Perhaps he started off trying strangulation and then realized that was not the way to go and grabbed a gun instead. No matter what happened, it's completely heartbreaking and I pray they are all at peace now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back