Found Deceased OR - Keith, 42, & Erin Kroeker, 39, & three kids, Marion County, 4 Jan 2017

This is so sad. :(

Now WHO started the fires? :furious:

LE aren't looking for anyone, don't feel there's any danger, won't discuss what they found according to articles I've seen. Murder-suicide would be my number one guess. Extremely sad.

I take it the coroner is going to be counting bullet holes in skulls, along with trying to find a weapon in the ashes. I haven't really seen anything that indicates that one of the parents may have been unhinged or would've been driven to commit an act like this. We really don't know what goes on in the private lives of people.......but none of this seems to fit their reputation.

I'm thinking we have an outsider with a grudge............but it's all going to depend if they can find a gun in the ashes or not........and even then, it may be hard to determine. Said killer could've shot everyone in their sleep and then tossed the gun down on the floor.

Sad news indeed.

If murder/suicide, what was the point of starting 3 separate fires? Just setting fire to the home would have been more than enough to (attempt) to conceal how the deaths occurred if that were the case.
The FD will be able to determine where the fires started (inside or outside) with the 3 structures.
ME will determine COD of course (possibly?) but I'm not getting a murder/suicide vibe here.

moo.

Sad news indeed.

If murder/suicide, what was the point of starting 3 separate fires? Just setting fire to the home would have been more than enough to (attempt) to conceal how the deaths occurred if that were the case.
The FD will be able to determine where the fires started (inside or outside) with the 3 structures.
ME will determine COD of course (possibly?) but I'm not getting a murder/suicide vibe here.

moo.
The only thing that comes to mind with 3 separate fires...if set by one of the adults living there and financial problems(moo) then possibly if I am losing it/all then no one else will have it either. Moo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LE aren't looking for anyone, don't feel there's any danger, won't discuss what they found according to articles I've seen. Murder-suicide would be my number one guess. Extremely sad.

Yes, me too. But why burn the other building? Something to hide? Or did someone expect to get out alive?

Detectives Investigating Early Morning Fire Near Hubbard ****Update****
DETECTIVES INVESTIGATING EARLY MORNING FIRE NEAR HUBBARD ****UPDATE****

News Release from Marion Co. Sheriff's Office
Posted on FlashAlert: January 6th, 2017 2:48 PM

Yesterday, the Marion County Sheriff's Office announced the recovery of five bodies from Tuesday's fire at 18950 Fobert Road Northeast, Marion County, Oregon. The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office has now performed an autopsy on each body and has determined that all three children and the adult male died of a gunshot wound to the head. The adult female died from blunt force trauma to the head.

Based on all the information known by the Marion County Sheriff's Office at this time, this case remains an active homicide investigation, specifically focused on murder/suicide. The Sheriff's office does not believe that there is any immediate danger to the public.

The Sheriff's Office is not prepared to comment on evidence or specific information at this time, and detectives will be working diligently over the next several weeks to continue its thorough investigation. Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the Marion County Sheriff's Office tip line at 503-540-8079.

The Kroeker's immediately family has asked that media refrain from contacting them during their time of grieving.

Over the past two days, Investigators have recovered the remains of 5 individuals inside of the Kroeker residence. Detectives can confirm that the remains found are of an adult male, one adult female and three children. Although the remains appear consistent with that of the Kroeker family, confirmation of identity is made through the medical examiner.

Investigators are still combing through the piles of debris in an attempt to determine exactly what took place Tuesday morning. The Sheriff's Office investigation is progressing but is continually slowed by the size of the scene, weather, and amount of destruction, which needs to be secured for the safety of investigators. The Sheriff's Office is not prepared to comment on any details of the investigation, but we do not believe there is any immediate danger to the public.

"Sheriff Jason Myers was quoted as saying, "First and foremost I extend my condolences to the Kroeker family. While this investigation is not yet complete, I would like to thank and recognize the 100 plus first responders, investigators and support personnel from various local, state and federal agencies who continue to work tirelessly during this difficult and complex investigation."

The Sheriff's Office believes it will be on scene at the Kroeker residence for the remainder of today and into tomorrow. The Sheriff's Office does not anticipate any further releases today regarding the investigation.

Investigators have worked all day searching and sifting through debris from Tuesday's fire. Investigators have made steady progress during their search but their efforts have been slowed because of the amount of damage to the structures and the adverse weather conditions.

Investigators do believe that all three fires were intentionally set and are treating this as a criminal investigation. The Sheriff's Office is not currently releasing any information regarding the person found inside the residence or any information regarding the evidence found during today's search.

Searchers will work until conditions such as darkness and cold weather hinder their investigative efforts. The Sherriff's Office will remain on scene overnight and investigators will return tomorrow to resume their efforts.

Last night Detectives and heavy equipment operators with Marion County Public Works stabilized the residence as firefighters extinguished many of the remaining hot spots inside the residence. Today investigators from several law enforcement and fire agencies will begin the task of sifting through debris to determine what took place during yesterday's fire.

The investigative process will be lengthy and made difficult by our current weather conditions. Additional information will be made available as the investigation unfolds that time frame however is not yet known.

Investigators are continuing with their efforts to determine what caused this morning's fatal fire near Hubbard. The Sheriff's Office and its partners will be working through the night and into tomorrow stabilizing the residence and sifting through the debris in an attempt to discover what took place early this morning.

The Sheriff's Office can confirm that the residence where this morning's fire took place belongs to Erin Kroeker, age 39 and Keith Kroeker age 42 and their three children ages 10 and 7. Currently the Kroekers whereabouts are unknown and anyone with information about the ongoing investigation is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at 503-588-5032.

The Sheriff's Office does not anticipate any further releases this evening.

This morning around 3:00 a.m., firefighters were called to the 18000 block of Fobert Road NE near Hubbard. When firefighters arrived they found 3 separate structures on fire. Firefighter's efforts were initially hampered by a live power line and a lack of water resources on scene.

At 3:30 a.m., firefighters found one deceased person inside the residence and notified law enforcement. Fireman from 7 separate fire agencies engaged in the firefighting efforts and those efforts are still continuing.

The Sheriff's Office is on scene and is the lead agency for the investigation. The Sheriff's Office is being assisted by members of the Marion County Fire Investigation Team or MCFIT Team. The MCFIT Team is comprised of specialized investigators from the Oregon State Police and the State Fire Marshal's Office.

Currently investigators are waiting for the building to cool before they enter to begin their investigation and that time frame is not yet known. The Sheriff's Office does not have any information regarding the deceased person and we are working to determine who currently lives in the residence.

Updates will be released as more information becomes available.
Sent via FlashAlert Newswire. Replies to this message do not go back to the sender.
Click here to change or delete these messages.
Posted by PDX Flash Alert NEWS at 2:49 PM

http://pdxfanews.blogspot.com/2017/01/detectives-investigating-early-morning_6.html

Detectives Investigating Early Morning Fire Near Hubbard ****Update****
DETECTIVES INVESTIGATING EARLY MORNING FIRE NEAR HUBBARD ****UPDATE****

News Release from Marion Co. Sheriff's Office
Posted on FlashAlert: January 6th, 2017 2:48 PM

Yesterday, the Marion County Sheriff's Office announced the recovery of five bodies from Tuesday's fire at 18950 Fobert Road Northeast, Marion County, Oregon. The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office has now performed an autopsy on each body and has determined that all three children and the adult male died of a gunshot wound to the head. The adult female died from blunt force trauma to the head.

Based on all the information known by the Marion County Sheriff's Office at this time, this case remains an active homicide investigation, specifically focused on murder/suicide. The Sheriff's office does not believe that there is any immediate danger to the public.

The Sheriff's Office is not prepared to comment on evidence or specific information at this time, and detectives will be working diligently over the next several weeks to continue its thorough investigation. Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the Marion County Sheriff's Office tip line at 503-540-8079.

The Kroeker's immediately family has asked that media refrain from contacting them during their time of grieving.

Over the past two days, Investigators have recovered the remains of 5 individuals inside of the Kroeker residence. Detectives can confirm that the remains found are of an adult male, one adult female and three children. Although the remains appear consistent with that of the Kroeker family, confirmation of identity is made through the medical examiner.

Investigators are still combing through the piles of debris in an attempt to determine exactly what took place Tuesday morning. The Sheriff's Office investigation is progressing but is continually slowed by the size of the scene, weather, and amount of destruction, which needs to be secured for the safety of investigators. The Sheriff's Office is not prepared to comment on any details of the investigation, but we do not believe there is any immediate danger to the public.

"Sheriff Jason Myers was quoted as saying, "First and foremost I extend my condolences to the Kroeker family. While this investigation is not yet complete, I would like to thank and recognize the 100 plus first responders, investigators and support personnel from various local, state and federal agencies who continue to work tirelessly during this difficult and complex investigation."

The Sheriff's Office believes it will be on scene at the Kroeker residence for the remainder of today and into tomorrow. The Sheriff's Office does not anticipate any further releases today regarding the investigation.

Investigators have worked all day searching and sifting through debris from Tuesday's fire. Investigators have made steady progress during their search but their efforts have been slowed because of the amount of damage to the structures and the adverse weather conditions.

Investigators do believe that all three fires were intentionally set and are treating this as a criminal investigation. The Sheriff's Office is not currently releasing any information regarding the person found inside the residence or any information regarding the evidence found during today's search.

Searchers will work until conditions such as darkness and cold weather hinder their investigative efforts. The Sherriff's Office will remain on scene overnight and investigators will return tomorrow to resume their efforts.

Last night Detectives and heavy equipment operators with Marion County Public Works stabilized the residence as firefighters extinguished many of the remaining hot spots inside the residence. Today investigators from several law enforcement and fire agencies will begin the task of sifting through debris to determine what took place during yesterday's fire.

The investigative process will be lengthy and made difficult by our current weather conditions. Additional information will be made available as the investigation unfolds that time frame however is not yet known.

Investigators are continuing with their efforts to determine what caused this morning's fatal fire near Hubbard. The Sheriff's Office and its partners will be working through the night and into tomorrow stabilizing the residence and sifting through the debris in an attempt to discover what took place early this morning.

The Sheriff's Office can confirm that the residence where this morning's fire took place belongs to Erin Kroeker, age 39 and Keith Kroeker age 42 and their three children ages 10 and 7. Currently the Kroekers whereabouts are unknown and anyone with information about the ongoing investigation is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at 503-588-5032.

The Sheriff's Office does not anticipate any further releases this evening.

This morning around 3:00 a.m., firefighters were called to the 18000 block of Fobert Road NE near Hubbard. When firefighters arrived they found 3 separate structures on fire. Firefighter's efforts were initially hampered by a live power line and a lack of water resources on scene.

At 3:30 a.m., firefighters found one deceased person inside the residence and notified law enforcement. Fireman from 7 separate fire agencies engaged in the firefighting efforts and those efforts are still continuing.

The Sheriff's Office is on scene and is the lead agency for the investigation. The Sheriff's Office is being assisted by members of the Marion County Fire Investigation Team or MCFIT Team. The MCFIT Team is comprised of specialized investigators from the Oregon State Police and the State Fire Marshal's Office.

Currently investigators are waiting for the building to cool before they enter to begin their investigation and that time frame is not yet known. The Sheriff's Office does not have any information regarding the deceased person and we are working to determine who currently lives in the residence.

Updates will be released as more information becomes available.
Sent via FlashAlert Newswire. Replies to this message do not go back to the sender.
Click here to change or delete these messages.
Posted by PDX Flash Alert NEWS at 2:49 PM

http://pdxfanews.blogspot.com/2017/01/detectives-investigating-early-morning_6.html

Oh that's awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were to guess, I would say that the husband probably killed the wife first and that it wasn't premeditated. As a result, he killed the children, set the fires and shot himself. You really never know what goes on behind closed doors.

RIP to the family.
This is heartbreaking. Can't believe it.
I do wonder what happened. It's tragic.
It appears that the mom eas beaten to death and everyone else was shot. Almost like whoever did this wanted the mom to suffer😢
All MOO!

Fatal Hubbard Fire Now Murder/Suicide Investigation

The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is now calling a fatal fire investigation in Hubbard a murder/suicide.

Investigators said they believe bodies recovered yesterday from the burned-out house in the 18000 block of Fobert Road Northeast are Keith and Erin Kroeker, their 10-year-old twin sons and a seven-year-old daughter.

The medical examiner said the three children and adult man died from gunshot wounds to the head, and the woman died from blunt force trauma to the head.

http://www.kezi.com/story/34204655/fatal-hubbard-fire-now-murdersuicide-investigation

Clearly the father was the one killing his wife and three children. I wonder what made him do that. Terribly sad :(

Clearly the father was the one killing his wife and three children. I wonder what made him do that. Terribly sad :(
I wonder if something happened during the time they had company.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If I were to guess, I would say that the husband probably killed the wife first and that it wasn't premeditated. As a result, he killed the children, set the fires and shot himself. You really never know what goes on behind closed doors.

At this point, I agree. If the husband did kill his wife in a rage, perhaps not even intending to, I can see how the rest of the killings might be to avoid shame. He apparently had a fine reputation that would be ruined, and perhaps the kids were witnesses. The fires may have been intended to cover up the murders, although bullets don't lie and neither does blunt force trauma.

There is more to the story. I think the stepfather's initial interview comments about him being certain they all were dead might mean he was aware of some measure of strife. I am sorry for the wife's manner of death - whatever happened - and the innocent children.

Pictures of family at link.

http://koin.com/2017/01/06/hubbard-fire-investigation-focused-on-murder-suicide/

I noticed in one picture the little girl is wearing a cast on her arm. Just a thought, but trying to wrap my mind around a parent shooting his children, no matter what, particularly without a history of violence. Just a horrific way to watch his children die. Which leads me to wonder if possibly there was a history of domestic violence.

This reminds me of the Foster family murder here about 8 years ago - father murdered his wife, daughter, the family's horses and dogs before blockading the drive and setting fire to the home. Although that was over financial problems - in this case the fact that Erin was beaten to death suggests there might be something else in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back