SC SC - Sherry Jones, 24, Greer, 1 Sept 1972

hi buttons06, sorry to hear of your health problems take care
what are your thoughts on the Smith car accident found being related? (it did say beloved mother /father) however we ran ahead with other names without really tying anything concrete in the first instance. Sometimes its worth trying to chase any possible lead.

I personally have not found anything about sherry on Ancestry, the Puerto Rican heritage is based on what sherry told some of the Jones family and on the marriage application to George Wilton jones, her father was listed as Puerto Rican raised in an orphanage , her mom was listed as American.

I know from a medical report that the police obtained from a psychiatrist in Greenville South Carolina that my mom stated to him that her parents were killed in a car crash in California when she was young, I pieced together that it should be between the ages of 15/17 she was seeing the psychiatrist because she was pregnant and was seeking an abortion because she stated that she couldn’t bring a child into that family and those horrible circumstances, I was not George’s child, The Jones family was reported to be very upset by her wanting an abortion, she went missing less than 8 weeks later. The police did let me take notes but said due to medical privacy laws I couldn’t have a copy of the report. It also stated she was allergic to strawberries, why that was in the report I have no idea. Please feel free to ask any questions that you like of me, if I know the answer I’ll share it. I have her actual social card, you’d think that would help but it hasn’t but the ss department did tell me there has been no work activity on it since the day she disappeared and that no death claim had been filed

Recently got my DNA test back from ancestry, it actually was less Hispanic than anyone thought! More Scottish, Irish, whales 15% / 15% Iberian peninsula (Spain, Portugal) 15% Western Europe (Belgium, France, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands) 10% Scandinavian, Southern Europe (Italy, Greece, Romaina, Hungary, Croatia ,7% British, Eastern Europe Serbia,Ukraine,,Bosnia,European Jewish and some Russian,findland!! Although it appears that they migrated into north and South Carolina and Alabama but this was in the early 1700’s later on they migrated out of. Puerto Rico to the New York ,New Jersey and Los Angeles and Hawaii Areas!!! I’m trying to do some more on ancestry, I’m just not that good with computers but I’ll post if I can find anything else! Not what I was really expecting,there is a record of a sherry Ann smith born the same day as my mom in Sacramento California , I’m looking into it thanks!!!

I was trying to find am obituary for Edward and Ann when i came across this (see picture). hopefully it can help find the rest of the family.

Attachments

• 201809011558255429.jpg
    201809011558255429.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 107
Recently got my DNA test back from ancestry, it actually was less Hispanic than anyone thought! More Scottish, Irish, whales 15% / 15% Iberian peninsula (Spain, Portugal) 15% Western Europe (Belgium, France, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands) 10% Scandinavian, Southern Europe (Italy, Greece, Romaina, Hungary, Croatia ,7% British, Eastern Europe Serbia,Ukraine,,Bosnia,European Jewish and some Russian,findland!! Although it appears that they migrated into north and South Carolina and Alabama but this was in the early 1700’s later on they migrated out of. Puerto Rico to the New York ,New Jersey and Los Angeles and Hawaii Areas!!! I’m trying to do some more on ancestry, I’m just not that good with computers but I’ll post if I can find anything else! Not what I was really expecting,there is a record of a sherry Ann smith born the same day as my mom in Sacramento California , I’m looking into it thanks!!!

Wow buttons06, looks like you have the best of everything in your Ancestry! Sorry I didn’t see your July post, would have responded earlier.
Can I ask if any DNA circles have given you any direction you can take as to your family? Any new details you have found? Do you think the Epstein/Ayeroff link is a possibility? Again from me lots of questions lol
I’ve re read this thread and the not knowing must be so hard, the best thing is your happy upbringing!
Both my parents for very different reasons were brought up by “other” family, one by a auntie (all children separated) and the other by a neighbor, who was wonderful for her (again separated from her brother) and lucky for them they have always told me they had happy childhoods.
I’m sure it effected them but the loving environment overcame the negative and I had a stable home , I’m glad that happened for you.

I was trying to find am obituary for Edward and Ann when i came across this (see picture). hopefully it can help find the rest of the family.

Great find, have your found any more on the child mentioned? I wonder if it’s the correct family she could have been adopted too?

Great find, have your found any more on the child mentioned? I wonder if it’s the correct family she could have been adopted too?

I'm still looking. I haven't been able to find much. I believe I may have found carol's picture in the Berkeley year book. I've been comparing it to other year books to see if i could find the high school that the family may have gone to.

it's possible she could be adopted and that's why nothing is coming up since it was most likely sealed.

Wow buttons06, looks like you have the best of everything in your Ancestry! Sorry I didn’t see your July post, would have responded earlier.
Can I ask if any DNA circles have given you any direction you can take as to your family? Any new details you have found? Do you think the Epstein/Ayeroff link is a possibility? Again from me lots of questions lol
I’ve re read this thread and the not knowing must be so hard, the best thing is your happy upbringing!
Both my parents for very different reasons were brought up by “other” family, one by a auntie (all children separated) and the other by a neighbor, who was wonderful for her (again separated from her brother) and lucky for them they have always told me they had happy childhoods.
I’m sure it effected them but the loving environment overcame the negative and I had a stable home , I’m glad that happened for you.
Nothing has come up on the DNA circle as of yet! I think there could be something to the Epstein/Ayeroff connection but I couldn’t find the person who had the info on their children, I would contact them in a minute if I could find the info! Thank you for taking such a interest in my moms case! Please feel free to ask anything at any time, I’m willing to answer!!

I’m not sure this is them unless my mom had a sibling because my mom was 15-17 years old when her parents were killed in a car crash, but like I say she could be a sibling, if you find anymore info please forward it to me I’ll try and contact the daughter! Thank you so much for your time this past September was 46 years!!

I’m not sure this is them unless my mom had a sibling because my mom was 15-17 years old when her parents were killed in a car crash, but like I say she could be a sibling, if you find anymore info please forward it to me I’ll try and contact the daughter! Thank you so much for your time this past September was 46 years!!

You said she's Puerto Rican decent? She had connections to Tennessee, The Jane Doe in the link is believed to be hispanic and was found in Tennessee. It's a long-shot but I'd give it a try !

37UFTN

Their name just came up attached to her during some research that I did several years back, but the ss # was issued in Tennessee sometime in 1967 according to the social security department, I tracked one of the men to Texas,but the number has been disconnected! I also received word that my moms ss# was used in Texas in 2006, but have no concrete proof of this,this came from a lawyer I was talking to in California about obtaining some information in California but he had no luck, but it was just a quick favor he was willing to do to help! I'll look at my records tomorrow and let you know which man was in Texas!! Thanks!!Not was Forrest croft address 23rd at corsicana Texas phone # 903-874-3238 but it's no longer in service!! That's as far as I got on that!! Thanks!!

Hi

I know this post is older and I hope I can still contact you. In PA in 1976 the body of a woman was found in 3 different suitcases. It is a long shot but she has not been Identified yet. according to isotope test she was not born in the USA and came to the USA before becoming a teenager. She lived in TN or a surrounding state. She was pregnant with a full-term baby girl who was also found in one of the suitcases. She was a short petite woman. Brown hair, brown eyes. She has many different looks because the mutilation of her face was so bad. They also show her in sketches with many different skin tones. In PA she is known as Bethdoe. Here is a link to her doe account, 169UFPA , the namus information is no longer right when they updated the system they forgot a whole bunch of information about Bethdoe. I would recommend if you haven't entered your DNA into the Namus system to be compared to Jane does you should do this. This is the best way to find your mother if she is a Jane doe. I hope you find your mother.

Found the Carol mentioned as a niece in Joe Ayeroff obituary, no Sherry mentioned though that could be because she didn’t keep in touch? So hard to rule in/out this family.
upload_2018-12-11_13-38-12.jpeg

I didn't until now, but thanks for your willingness to help!! I've looked some on a trial based but have only found 2 marriages for a sherry ann smith in California in the early60's one was to a Charles L Shirley born 2/15/1946 to a sherry ann smith born 4/29/1948 the marriage took place in Los Angeles on April 13th 1963 and I know my mom divorced in California in 1966/1967!! The 2nd marriage was to a Michael L miller born in 1944 to a sherry A smith born 1948 and they divorced in April of 1966 also married in Los Angeles!! I've ordered the later marriage certificate and am trying to get ahold of the marriage certificate to mr. Shirley as well as copies of both divorces!! I am only looking for things like her parents name, where she was born did she have siblings or other children, so basically her back ground from birth until she arrived in South Carolina in 1970!! Any help would be very welcomed and again, thank you for your efforts!!

Buttons06, were you able to get the marriage certificate for Charles L Shirley to Sherry Jones?

This is a very strange case with very little details to go on. I came across a post on Facebook where they have been trying to help the daughter.

Copied via Facebook Jane Does & Missing 1970’s-1980’s;

***INFORMATION NEEDED FROM OUR SOUTH CAROLINA, TENNESSEE, GEORGIA, NEW YORK, PUERTO RICO AND CALIFORNIA

FOLLOWERS*** For the past several months, I've been working with a woman whose mother vanished in 1972 from Greer, South Carolina when she was not yet a toddler. The child was later adopted, never even seeing a photo of her mother. We have gained some with Ancestry dna, but not enough. We don't have much to go on. Here's what we know: said her name was Sherry Ann Smith( marriage record), that she was born in 1948, that she married in 1963 (not sure who)in California, her parents were killed in a car accident and she lived in an orphanage. She also claims to have divorced in 1967. Those are all things she stated, but no proof. WHAT WE KNOW FOR SURE: She eventually ended up in the Tennessee and Georgia area, waiting tables in 1970. Around December of 1969- January 1970, she became pregnant. In May of 1970, 5 months pregnant, she married George Wilton Jones. He is NOT the father. She moves into 103 Bennett Street in Greer, South Carolina with he and his mother. The baby was born September 1970, they named her Enoree, after George's mother( her name was later changed after she was adopted). In July of 1972, Sherry went missing. The circumstances here are unclear, as she wasn't reported missing. We know she was of Puerto Rican descent. Did you know Sherry? Dis you know George Wilton Jones, Roy Jones, or Enoree Jones? Are you familiar with 103 Bennett Street?

She has been listed as missing by her daughter, her NAMUS #MP17106. Please message us here with anything you have,♥️ via: Jane Does and missing 1970’s-1980’s Jane Does and Missing 1970s-1980s

The Doe Network: Sherry Ann Jones - 3296DFSC

Attachments

• CA69145C-23F8-4BCE-8E97-FF51CBA3EED3.jpeg
    CA69145C-23F8-4BCE-8E97-FF51CBA3EED3.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics