Struggling with English

IrishMist said:
The babysitter wouldn't have to be part of this scenario.

So you've got four adults and two children with a vested interest in keeping quiet.

I don't think that's so hard to believe.

Whether they talk in the future, however, remains to be seen...

IrishMist,

The babysitter might have more of a vested interest than anyone else in keeping quiet. If he was the sixth person in the house that night, it doesn't mean he was to be included in the flight to Michigan. He was there that night to allow the boys to stay up late playing Nintendo and thus allow John and Patsy to get a good night's sleep. He would have driven home the next morning.

Rainsong said:
If it's the middle of the night, and I'm awake, a cup of tea would be on my mind.

Rainsong
Tea? You hypothetically just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home and you're thinking about tea?

Seriously, if you were "a member of a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction" and you just strangled a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home, what would be on your mind?

Holdontoyourhat said:
Tea? You hypothetically just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home and you're thinking about tea?

Seriously, if you were "a member of a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction" and you just strangled a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home, what would be on your mind?

And they also say they will "behead" your daughter if you talk to a stray dog....then they go and call their friends! Makes sense to me.

What was on their "mind" was crime scene contamination. Worked quite nicely.

Holdontoyourhat said:

If I'm awake in the middle of the night, regardless of my prior actions, I'm thinking about a cup of tea.

But you see, I don't think there ever was a 'foreign faction' involved in JonBenet's murder. Nor do I believe the 'ransom note' was ever anything more than a diversionary tactic.

Rainsong

Rainsong said:
If I'm awake in the middle of the night, regardless of my prior actions, I'm thinking about a cup of tea.

But you see, I don't think there ever was a 'foreign faction' involved in JonBenet's murder. Nor do I believe the 'ransom note' was ever anything more than a diversionary tactic.

Rainsong
luvbeaches said:
And they also say they will "behead" your daughter if you talk to a stray dog....then they go and call their friends! Makes sense to me.

What was on their "mind" was crime scene contamination. Worked quite nicely.
This is remarkable.

The question was "Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you're a member of a small foreign faction, and you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?"

Were you just going to avoid the question or what?

Rainsong said:

Rainsong
I find this interesting...both BORG and BORI feel the note was a diversionary tactic. What intruder would require a diversionary tactic? I really think that no matter how hard you rack your brain, you have to come to the conclusion that if not a Ramsey, it has to be someone close to the Ramseys...

Holdontoyourhat said:
This is remarkable.

The question was "Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you're a member of a small foreign faction, and you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?"

let's see... i'm a member of a small foreign faction eh?

well, no. 1, i'm certainly not Stoooopid enough to write "Mr Ramsey, we are a small foreign faction"

considering i just accidentally killed a 6 year old girl in a botched kidnapping

nah... what's on my mind is maybe writing a note that says "Patsy, my dear wife, i couldnt live with my secret any longer. I know i'm going to jail for what i've done. Love, John-John"

and then i'd walk across the fresh snow, leaving no prints, get in my car and head outta state

fuming at my disrespect for the USA, but emotionally confused about my enormous personal respect for John's company - an uninnovative run of the mill comp vendor

all the while dreaming of what i could buy for $118,000

Voice of Reason said:
I find this interesting...both BORG and BORI feel the note was a diversionary tactic. What intruder would require a diversionary tactic? I really think that no matter how hard you rack your brain, you have to come to the conclusion that if not a Ramsey, it has to be someone close to the Ramseys...

Has anyone ever said they thought the killer was a stranger? 'Diversionery tactic' can be viewed several ways...

Rainsong

GuruJosh said:
let's see... i'm a member of a small foreign faction eh?

well, no. 1, i'm certainly not Stoooopid enough to write "Mr Ramsey, we are a small foreign faction"

considering i just accidentally killed a 6 year old girl in a botched kidnapping

nah... what's on my mind is maybe writing a note that says "Patsy, my dear wife, i couldnt live with my secret any longer. I know i'm going to jail for what i've done. Love, John-John"

and then i'd walk across the fresh snow, leaving no prints, get in my car and head outta state

fuming at my disrespect for the USA, but emotionally confused about my enormous personal respect for John's company - an uninnovative run of the mill comp vendor

all the while dreaming of what i could buy for $118,000
Major question avoidance going on here. The question was:

Hypothetically speaking, suppose its the middle of the night, you are a member of a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and for whatever reason, you just strangled a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home.

Given this hypothetical situation, what would be on your mind? IOW, what would be important to you at that time?

Holdontoyourhat said:
Major question avoidance going on here. The question was:

Hypothetically speaking, suppose its the middle of the night, you are a member of a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and for whatever reason, you just strangled a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home.

Given this hypothetical situation, what would be on your mind? IOW, what would be important to you at that time?

Lets see ....

To get back to my foreign home asap?

Holdontoyourhat said:
This is remarkable.

You want an answer to a hypothetical question. Okay, here's my hypothetical answer:

Tease the wound, make it weep. In the darkness, soul to keep.

Rainsong

capps said:
Lets see ....

To get back to my foreign home asap?
Hypothetically, what could prevent you from doing this? Who might get in your way? IOW, why asap?

Holdontoyourhat said:
Hypothetically, what could prevent you from doing this? Who might get in your way? IOW, why asap?

Hypothetically.there would be no one from preventing me to leave or get in my way,because no one (who matters) knows who I am.

Why leave asap? ... because I just botched up a kidnapping and murdered a 6 yr old American. Going back to my foreign home may be some what of a "safety net" just in case the powers that be,may figure out who I am.

Holdontoyourhat said:

Not at all. Poetic, perhaps, but that is my answer.

Rainsong

Sidestepping - even sidestepping of the poetic kind - is an artform that some posters have down to perfection. An ability to always get the final word - even with a carefully worded non-answer is a skill most fascinating ;-)

:chicken:

Jayelles said:
Sidestepping - even sidestepping of the poetic kind - is an artform that some posters have down to perfection. An ability to always get the final word - even with a carefully worded non-answer is a skill most fascinating ;-)

:chicken:

My answer may not suit others on the forum, but it is my answer and is in no way a 'sidestep.'

Rainsong

capps said:
Hypothetically.there would be no one from preventing me to leave or get in my way,because no one (who matters) knows who I am.

Why leave asap? ... because I just botched up a kidnapping and murdered a 6 yr old American. Going back to my foreign home may be some what of a "safety net" just in case the powers that be,may figure out who I am.
In this hypothetical scenario, can you list the powers that be?

Holdontoyourhat said:

I would be thinking of getting out of the house without getting caught. Period.

If I had really planned a kidnapping and it went horribly wrong, I would not be stupid enough to leave a long rambling note telling everyone I screwed up (JB's body would eventually be found in the house) the kidnapping and please have everyone come looking for me asap.

WhiteWolf said:
I would be thinking of getting out of the house without getting caught. Period.

If I had really planned a kidnapping and it went horribly wrong, I would not be stupid enough to leave a long rambling note telling everyone I screwed up (JB's body would eventually be found in the house) the kidnapping and please have everyone come looking for me asap.

How could this have been a "kidnapping gone wrong"? No one in the house interrupted this "kidnapping" because John and Patsy both claim to have no knowledge anything was wrong until Patsy found the "note" at 5:45am and called police.
So what went "wrong"? This is extremely important and CRITICAL to any intruder did it theory. It is THE question all intruder did it theorists - including the Ramseys - MUST answer.

So, to begin with, consider and answer this question.
Just WHEN did this intruder place that note on the staircase?
Before he went up to grab JonBenet? - Then how did he manage NOT to step on the pages coming down carrying JonBenet???

After he went upstairs and grabbed JonBenet? - Then what did he do? Set her down, lay the pages out on the steps and run outside with her? Oh that's right! No! He wasn't interested or concerned about getting the **ll out of the house nor being caught - he stuck around and found his way downstairs to the farthest reaches of the basement (with no way out of the room except back into the basement mind you)!!

So, only one other scenario - What did he do? Go BACK upstairs and risk his life AFTER he's already killed the kidnap victim - just to place the note on the stairs? And WHEN then did he write this 3 page note? Before he killed her?
Then where did he keep it? It was not wrinkled or smudged nor did it have footprints or fingerprints on it. WHERE did he keep it then downstairs so pristine?
Or did he write it AFTER he molested and killed her? No way he'd risk hangin' around that long after having just committed murder.

The note is a HUGE problem for any intruder did it theory and not just because of the logistics of how and when that note was placed on the steps where it was.
The very fact it even EXISTS excludes any "stranger/intruder" right away.
No one came to "kidnap for ransom." That ruse only worked till the dead child was found finally. And it worked - for awhile. A very SHORT while.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back