GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

When I blew it up, it looked sort of like wicker.

it sure does :-(

at first I thought it looked like one of the footlockers mister nurse uses for the army but it doesn't have the lip on it

it sure does look like some sort of decorative trunk.

Jessica Byrd (Alecia's aunt) said Greenville police chief told her in person about the body found in the trunk.
“That made my sister break down a little bit. And then he was asking about her braces,” Byrd said.

They believe police only began a serious investigation into missing person report Monday.
Police also told her their report had listed the girl as a runaway.
“She didn’t run away. I just know it. All her favorite clothes are here. None of her clothes are missing,” Byrd said.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/11/06/family-fears-body-found-in-trunk-may-be-missing-teen/

Why would they not take her disappearance seriously? Because they thought she ran away...or because she is a young woman of color? I ask that because we all notice the disparity in the way some of these cases are treated.
It burns my behind....since my granddaughter is a biracial baby. If someone one mistreats her, they will have to deal with a very hot-headed MIMI!

Why would they not take her disappearance seriously? Because they thought she ran away...or because she is a young woman of color? I ask that because we all notice the disparity in the way some of these cases are treated.
It burns my behind....since my granddaughter is a biracial baby. If someone one mistreats her, they will have to deal with a very hot-headed MIMI!

you and me both shef:furious:

Nowhere does it say that the police did not take this seriously. It says her family thinks that. Families tend to think that way in most of these cases. It's a disservice to their own children if they want to believe that the world is racist-it just reinforces that mindset in their own children. People of all colors are praying for this girl and her family and I hope that they know that.
jmo

How sad!

Why are women and children so disposable?
How did it get this way?

Trunks-trash cans-suitcases-dumpsters. etc.
sorry no one deserves this.

The picture of her getting off the bus shows others getting off as well. I wonder if they saw anything? I hope they have been interviewed. IMO

Looking at the map gives me a little doubt about the body being that of Alicia. To reach the location of the trunk from Greenville, the perp would have passed over Lake Tawakoni. So many times, killers dispose of the body in a body of water. Why not in this case. Since the trunk along the roadway was partially hidden, it seems the perp did take some precaution to conceal it.

IF the body is that of Alicia, did the perp not dispose of the body in the lake because of the time of day (still daylight) and perhaps the volume of traffic in that area? Or, did he first take Alicia somewhere near where the trunk was found to assault and kill her? How busy is that road? It's almost like the perp was taunting LE by placing it there - in a public place and yet concealed by a wall.

It's so sad and frustrating that children can't safely walk to school or home from school any more. What can they do if no other children live in the neighborhood? Even if there are other children who can walk part way with them, so much can happen just within a few yards of their front door. Do parents today need to hire body guards for their children? :banghead:

Looking at the map gives me a little doubt about the body being that of Alicia. To reach the location of the trunk from Greenville, the perp would have passed over Lake Tawakoni. So many times, killers dispose of the body in a body of water. Why not in this case. Since the trunk along the roadway was partially hidden, it seems the perp did take some precaution to conceal it.

IF the body is that of Alicia, did the perp not dispose of the body in the lake because of the time of day (still daylight) and perhaps the volume of traffic in that area? Or, did he first take Alicia somewhere near where the trunk was found to assault and kill her? How busy is that road? It's almost like the perp was taunting LE by placing it there - in a public place and yet concealed by a wall.

It's so sad and frustrating that children can't safely walk to school or home from school any more. What can they do if no other children live in the neighborhood? Even if there are other children who can walk part way with them, so much can happen just within a few yards of their front door. Do parents today need to hire body guards for their children? :banghead:

BBM
If you're talking about the map I posted earlier, that's the route that Google gave me. It may not necessarily be the route used by the killer(s) - but it could be. I thought the same thing about the lake. Although they look like bridges from the satellite view, they're really causeways - roads that cross the lake at water level. For some reason it didn't look like a place to get rid of a body. I could be wrong though. Here's a street view from one of the causeways:

http://goo.gl/maps/iufqD

I hope they have made an arrest or at least know who this is.

Alicia's body was found about 40 miles from where she disappeared.

Wednesday morning, the Dallas County Medical Examiner confirmed the remains belonged to Alicia.

Grief counselors and extra staff are at Greenville High School, according to the Herald-Banner newspaper.

The Hunt County District Attorney, Greenville police department, Van Zandt County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Rangers are investigating the case.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/20031...to-greenville-teen-alicia-moore#ixzz2BYknP1GB

Rest in Peace, Alicia. I'm so sorry.

:cry:

:rose:

Where she is now she can no longer be hurt or afraid. I am just sickened that this child, any of the children who are abducted, can't even be by themselves anymore.

God bless you Alicia, R.I.P.

My prayers to all of Alicia's family and friends for their great loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back