Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
YESSS!

Thank goodness they have enough evidence - and that poor Libby wasn't lost to the sea, or else this day might never have come.
Thoughts and love to Libby's family today as always - and to dear Libby... RIP now darling girl, finally justice can be done
Won't it run concurrently with his existing sentence though?
I was surprised that his previous offences ran consecutively rather than concurrently. I hope the same happens here. And if he's found guilty of rape and murder I hope those sentences run consecutively rather than concurrently.

Whatever hell he goes through in prison over the next few years won't match a day of the hell he must have put Libby and her family through

The charges are so very precise .It took time but how definite the wording. LE worked so hard to achieve this charge today . Now every effort by all involved has really come to fruition finally by bringing this suspect to trial .Everyone's comments on here echo all posters I believe .Its incredible to read this today after wishing hoping for a charge since March.Its been like a collective breath hold here on this forum waiting..
Sadly today more heartche and shocking news for Libbys family . Hopefully they will all stay strong to see justice brought finally for their beloved daughter .

Nothing should come out between now and any trial as that would allow his defence to question whether his trial is fair.

I’m pretty sure he’ll plead not guilty as he did with the lesser crimes until there was incontrovertible evidence for some of them. Even if the police have strong evidence, I’m sure he’ll go for trial with the hope his defence can create doubt within the jury and he isn’t convicted.

I hope any trial gets somewhere in finding the truth of what happened to Libby. It’s all too horrendous for her family & nothing will bring her back but it’s arguably worse to not know I think.

It is how 99% of murderers operate. They would rather run the guarantee of losing any chance of a discount on their sentences for a guilty plea in the hope they can get off the hook completely. They know with a guilty plea they are still looking at hard time, so they just stonewall.

As Pawel is a Polish national he should really, (if convicted), be sent back to Poland to serve his sentence there. Any foreign national that kills our citizens should lose the right to be here and be deported when possible to do so.

Thanks for the news everyone.

I hope justice will be served. And I know what that should be, not a doubt in my mind. Guess I would make a poor juror for a case.

I don't think he will plead guilty. I suspect he is that kind of perp who will forever deny his guilt even when he is dying in jail. That kind of psychos will not give anyone the relief and satisfaction of knowing the truth.

My guess is after he had just been convicted last time, police interviewed him again to try to get a confession. But that did not succeed.

It is how 99% of murderers operate. They would rather run the guarantee of losing any chance of a discount on their sentences for a guilty plea in the hope they can get off the hook completely. They know with a guilty plea they are still looking at hard time, so they just stonewall.

As Pawel is a Polish national he should really, (if convicted), be sent back to Poland to serve his sentence there. Any foreign national that kills our citizens should lose the right to be here and be deported when possible to do so.
The crime was committed here - it is only fair to Libby and her family that Justice is served here.

Serving his sentence here I doubt he will get many visitors. I would be very surprised if his wife wanted anything to do with him or would want her children to have anything to do with him.

His mother is in Poland and I doubt she'd be she to afford to visit much. Siblings if they're here might visit but who knows. Would you want that association?

So over here he will have nobody for most of the time. He will be far more isolated.

He will be in a place where nobody will speak his language. His English is supposedly poor.

I really hope he pleads guilty to save her family from having to go through a court case. But I think you're right - I think it will be a not guilty plea

The crime was committed here - it is only fair to Libby and her family that Justice is served here.

Serving his sentence here I doubt he will get many visitors. I would be very surprised if his wife wanted anything to do with him or would want her children to have anything to do with him.

His mother is in Poland and I doubt she'd be she to afford to visit much. Siblings if they're here might visit but who knows. Would you want that association?

So over here he will have nobody for most of the time. He will be far more isolated.

He will be in a place where nobody will speak his language. His English is supposedly poor.

I really hope he pleads guilty to save her family from having to go through a court case. But I think you're right - I think it will be a not guilty plea
Agree with all you say. Also to add i feel some sympathy for his wife but certainly for the innocent children he fathered, how sad to grow up knowing that was your dad.

Thanks for the news everyone.

I hope justice will be served. And I know what that should be, not a doubt in my mind. Guess I would make a poor juror for a case.

I don't think he will plead guilty. I suspect he is that kind of perp who will forever deny his guilt even when he is dying in jail. That kind of psychos will not give anyone the relief and satisfaction of knowing the truth.

My guess is after he had just been convicted last time, police interviewed him again to try to get a confession. But that did not succeed.

Or he gave in after a long time and finally confessed?

Feeling very teary hearing this news, pretty shocked too considering we've been waiting so long!

Justice for Libby

Me too. Tears of joy that LE managed to get enough evidence to charge him. It had to be him as all signs pointed squarely at him being the last person to be with her in his vehicle.

It doesnt bring Libby back but it goes a long way to make sure he never does this to anyone else. And the family can know that justice was served against the sick ^%$^%$#.

Thank God. I have never had any doubt in my mind that this was always a deliberate, calculated attack, murder and attempted total concealment of the crime by the perpetrator. Nothing accidental about it. Let's hope the punishment fits the crime. And if anything good can come out of this case that the voyeurs and the exposers get treated as the potentially seriously dangerous criminals that they are.

***snipped by me for focus below***

IMO, it is best to do like the US and most other countries do. Which is to make them serve their time in the country where he committed the crime. Im pretty sure UK has a similar approach to make the convicted person do their time first there.

Then immediately after serving his full sentence (hope he gets a life term here), then deport them back to their country of origin if they are not a citizen.

It really is the best way because it ensures a person follows the conviction and penalties rules in the place where the crime was committed. If they were deported first, then they lose control over sentencing rules and their own country may not punish the person as severely as they should have been.

I understand the sentiment but the deportation can be after full sentence is served, and in this case, I hope it is a long enough sentence that he may not even be alive to go anywhere when done with sentence.

Thank God. I have never had any doubt in my mind that this was always a deliberate, calculated attack, murder and attempted total concealment of the crime by the perpetrator. Nothing accidental about it. Let's hope the punishment fits the crime. And if anything good can come out of this case that the voyeurs and the exposers get treated as the potentially seriously dangerous criminals that they are.

Re BBM
Excellent point.

Too many people still dont think of how serious a crime of flashing, or other perverted acts are. They are serious crimes that can have terrible long term physchological effects on a victim.

And as we have seen in this case, those perverted acts can escalate until the person does something even worse to a victim.

IMO, it is best to do like the US and most other countries do. Which is to make them serve their time in the country where he committed the crime. Im pretty sure UK has a similar approach to make the convicted person do their time first there.

Then immediately after serving his full sentence (hope he gets a life term here), then deport them back to their country of origin if they are not a citizen.

It really is the best way because it ensures a person follows the conviction and penalties rules in the place where the crime was committed. If they were deported first, then they lose control over sentencing rules and their own country may not punish the person as severely as they should have been.

I understand the sentiment but the deportation can be after full sentence is served, and in this case, I hope it is a long enough sentence that he may not even be alive to go anywhere when done with sentence.
I believe that is the case here. Serve sentence here and get deported on release

And I agree with you. It should be here where both charges - rape and murder - carry long sentences and are judged harshly

Like you I hope he remains in prison for life.

Re BBM
Excellent point.

Too many people still dont think how serious a crime of flashing, or other perverted acts are. They are serious crimes that can have terrible long term physchological effects on a victim.

And as we have seen in this case, those perverted acts can escalate until the person does something even worse to a victim.
I concur here. When he was first charged with those offences there was so much speculation about how It was too big a jump it was to actual physical harm without acknowledging how scary they are and what sort of person would do that

In my opinion cuts and lack of resources combined with not taking those crimes seriously will have meant very few resources would have gone into investigating them.

Hopefully they will start to be taken far more seriously now

I’ve just read the news ... late in the day. I still looked in here from time to time, but with no significant updates I was losing hope. Now it feels as though justice will be served - if there ever is such a thing in a case as awful as this.

Libby’s story was the reason I joined here and I thought of her often. I’m so sad imagining how her night started - full of fun with friends - and then ended ...

A beautiful young student with everything to live for.

I can’t see his trial being held in Hull. I’d say Spring 2020 in a different city. I also don’t think he will plead guilty, although he did go through that odd last minute plea change at his last trial.

No family visits, he’ll probably never see his kids, life in prison and a family who will likely never recover from this. Tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80