Was Burke Involved # 5

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Dec 28, 2016.

1. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

apabld,
    Not enough.

Its fact according to Patsy. She told an interviewer that JonBenet and Burke shared a bedroom on Christmas Eve and that this was a regular thing.

My take on that is Patsy was attempting to smooth the edges on what she knew was a questionable relationship, i.e. the one we do not know enough about !

Also I reckon on Christmas Day Night Burke and JonBenet just carried on and shared the bedroom, for some reason it did not bother Patsy. Consider those neglect or abuse charges levelled by the GJ.

The general background or Victmology to JonBenet's death is that she was cocooned inside a lavish lifestyle with only her brother to play with, if at all?

Patsy's interest in JonBenet was professional, JonBenet was Patsy's maternal project, with pageant venues to visit, singing and dancing lessons, pageant outfits to purchase, schooling was really a social agenda for Patsy where she could make friends etc.

So with John away regularly on business trips, Patsy taken up with her social causes, JonBenet and Burke were left alone in a large house to amuse themselves. Burke would have friends stay for sleepovers, check out who his friends were.

We do not have a schedule of dates relating to John's business trips or Patsy's social engagements but know enough to speculate that these circumstances led to JonBenet becoming a vulnerable victim.

So thats why we do not know enough, just enough to sketch a victimology, but not enough to be certain.

2. apabld

apabld Member

Ah, I see. Thank you for your thoughts UKGuy.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  3. Veronica Lodge

Veronica Lodge Member

apabld, I used to have similar questions to you regarding Burke. Sadly, the more I learn about the case, the more I see how BDI :( I too, used to think that his parents would not have sent him away BUT I think now that by doing so, it was easier for all of them to play their roles. All Burke had to do was repeat that he had heard nothing and slept through the night, shrug and keep playing his Nintendo. Rewatching his interviews, I can now see how Burke could have easily done this. Which takes me to your Q.2...

I think they knew that Burke would continue to say that he didn't hear anything that night as he'd had two weeks practicing his story by then. He tells her that he hasn't been going to school to stay away from the media - that's enough time at home to firm up his version of events for a smart kid. We don't get to see the full interview, unfortunately, but what we do see is worrying.
    83. On January 8, 1997, Burke was interviewed with his parents’ consent and outside of their presence by a psychologist, Dr. Suzanne Bernhard, who concluded in writing on her report to the Boulder PD that it was clear to her that Burke did not witness the murder of his sister.
    http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w...-CBS-Complaint-with-Exhibits-reduced-size.pdf

Hmm, he may not have witnessed the murder because he'd been sent to his room by that stage? So, technically, he didn't witness the murder of his sister.

I don't know enough about legal things to answer this one. Maybe he could be accused of the crime, but not convicted of it due to age?? Again, I think Burke was back in his bedroom shortly after his parents 'took over' anyway.

Yes! That's why I visit here now and then, to try firm things up in my mind. I wish I didn't believe BDI you know? It just seems to make the whole tragedy even worse somehow. But so much now points to him being heavily involved - the bloody pineapple, the train tracks, the nightgown, the size 12 underpants, the ripped presents, the knife, the strange behaviour in his interviews (his answers and pauses etc). I certainly don't think BDI all. I think BD some of I. :(

4. Dragognosis

Dragognosis Active Member

Burke had nothing to do with any of it.

Tadpole12 and Swirlz like this.
  5. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

i think that wording was VERY specific and reading between those lines tells me, or convinces me, even more that Burke was NOT there at the time of 'death'. Because he was sent to his ROOM. ... NOT because he wasn't involved.

MaryNo, Tadpole12 and Laughing like this.
  6. fr brown

fr brown Well-Known Member

Actually, Smith just said it was a red satin box (with a secret stash of candy).

If the box was in a drawer with the underwear, an investigative note might read like this: "...feces-stained underwear and red satin box...." Kolar might then interpret "feces-stained" as modifying both "underwear" and "box." I suppose that would be justified: I was taught by some world-class grammar nazis to put an "a" in front (in this case, in front of "red satin box") to avoid that situation. Don't know if that's what happened.

If a CSI rolled in on the third day, JonBenet's feces-stained velvet pants would already have been collected. Could the CSI have been looking at a photograph with its description and then written something like "velvet pants, feces-stained, too big for 6yo girl? Pajamas Burke?" Again, don't know if that's what happened. The "Burkian pajamas" don't seem to have made it into the tv program.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  7. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

fr brown,
    Here are the quotes for those lost in the soiled pants saga:

Fox 31 News, Nov 13, 2006
    No mention of fecal smearing on the observed red satin box. Not only was Holly Smith removed from the case, but she had all the material relating to the Ramsey's redacted from her autobiography. What does that tell you?

Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, pages 370 - 371

Holly Smith mentions no fecal smearing but crime-processing reports do. There are photographs of Burke on Christmas Morning wearing his pajamas, same bottoms as found on JonBenet's bedroom floor, answers on Postcard to the Ramsey Foundation, Colorado.

see above:
    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 37 - 38
    Candy, Scatological Behaviour, Sexual Assault, e.g. SBP?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Tadpole12 likes this.
  8. fr brown

"There are photographs of Burke on Christmas Morning wearing his pajamas, same bottoms as found on JonBenet's bedroom floor, answers on Postcard to the Ramsey Foundation, Colorado."

OK, I'll bite. What's that supposed to mean?

Tadpole12 and Laughing like this.
  9. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

fr brown,
    I forgot to add a question mark at the end, i.e. it was meant to be a rhetorical question.

Meaning are the fecally soiled pajama bottoms found on JonBenet's bedroom floor the same pair as worn by Burke on Christmas Eve as seen in the Christmas Morning photographs?

Kolar never told us !

Tadpole12 likes this.
  10. fr brown

What does "answers on a Postcard to the Ramsey Foundation, Colorado" mean? You've used this phrase on a couple of other websleuths threads.

11. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

fr brown,
    LOL, no answer required or expected as the question is rhetorical, e.g. would you expect a reply from Ramsey Foundation, Colorado?

Tadpole12 likes this.
  12. fr brown

Patsy was asked about the various clothing items in crime scene photos. There was an item Patsy identified as Burke's pajamas, but they were hanging on a wall near the laundry to dry.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  13. Ms. Justice

Ms. Justice New Member

Excellent post. You are correct in that we do not know enough about the children's relationship. Patsy and John made sure the police would not get their hands on Burke's medical records. Strange, to say the least.

Tadpole12, Laughing and Razz like this.
  14. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

fr brown,
    Sure, here it is:
    BPD 1998 Patsy Interview Excerpt
    So Patsy sows doubt.

Yet if you consider Kolar's remarks about Burke's pajamas:
    Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, pages 370 - 371
    and ... BPD questioning Patsy:
    1997 BPD Patsy Interview, Excerpt
    This is the answer to my rhetorical question, i.e. BPD were attempting to check if the pajamas found on JonBenet's bedroom floor are same pair he was wearing on Christmas morning, but wait for it, they have Burke in Christmas photograph wearing his pajamas, so I guess they could work it all out.

here it is:
    [​IMG]

Any guesses why BPD or Kolar have not told us what they concluded?