SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130604/PC16/130609730

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=799791#.UsDipvRDt7s

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/17/dara-watson-case-body-found-south-carolina_n_1285383.html

http://goosecreek.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/body-found-in-francis-marion-forest

Those are from a quick search. I used to live in Moncks Corner and worked in a town in the middle of the FMNF and there were bodies found all the time. It's a HUGE, VERY secluded area. A bit far from this case, but possible. There is a National Wildlife Refuge MUCH closer to Peachtree Landing (a straight shot up the Waccamaw River or via Hwy 814, Hwy 544, or Hwy 501. The most easily accessible part of this area is called Cox Ferry Recreation Area. There are several trails and a boat landing here. It is very secluded despite being only about 2 miles from Coastal Carolina University. The other end of the refuge is on Hwy 707 near Georgetown.

BBM, More great possible points of reference, thank you DMiller. :)

Non-emergency number wouldn't tell me much, except that I'd "probably" be safe to walk my dog, they are just over hear "checking something out" but it's a good idea to stay away from what they're doing.

Really, it takes 5 cop cars and an unmarked SUV to check out a tiny construction trailer?!

Non-emergency number wouldn't tell me much, except that I'd "probably" be safe to walk my dog, they are just over hear "checking something out" but it's a good idea to stay away from what they're doing.

Really, it takes 5 cop cars and an unmarked SUV to check out a tiny construction trailer?!

This is why I miss living in a big city. Every single call they went on was viewable online the next day. Even if some parts of the description were redacted and juvenile and sex crime victim's names were redacted, it was still nice being able to see what was going on around me.

This is what's so weird to me... She used MOONCHILD for her social media. Is it possible for the Full Moon to play a part in a planned abduction somehow? How poetic... I mean seriously - this itches me.

Also, is it fact that her dl was left in her car? If she were depressed &/or anxious, and responsible for her own disappearance (suicidal), then why would she intentionally leave her identification? Wouldn't she want it on her to make identification less of a hassle for her family?

I read thru some of her Twitter feed and Tumblr page & noticed she tweeted something about the personality of a "cancer" (meaning the zodiac sign). According to astrology... the moon is the ruling planet for those born under the sign of cancer & many horoscopes start out with "moon child... you may be feeling...." I only know this because I'm a cancer too :) so I just assume that's where she came up with the twitter name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 cars and an SUV seem like a lot. If they think it is a crime scene I winder if they will send a special evidence processing team.

BBM, More great possible points of reference, thank you DMiller. :)

Unfortunately, I was getting depressed driving 31 and Watertower Road today thinking just how many easy dumping spots there are. Watertower has dirt roads that go deep into the burned out forest and 31 is a bit elevated most of the way, with a drainage ditch and thick brush or forest right alongside it.

Not to mention those roads are dark and lightly traveled at night. You could stop, toss something and be gone in a flash and who knows if anyone would ever find it.

5 cars and an SUV seem like a lot. If they think it is a crime scene I winder if they will send a special evidence processing team.

Well they've all cleared away now. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on Spot Crime to see what happened.

(For all you new members, get used to pizza and chinese delivery...I know I am) jmo

margarita25

Anything can seem unrelated, when in fact it is

Also, sometimes there are other "crimes", such as burglary, arson, etc, which might seem unrelated, but are...hence all my initial posts in thread 1 posting links to other crimes, etc)...

ok... throwing some more theories out there... do any locals remember all the boat fires that have happened this year at marinas? Possible connection? destroying old evidence possibly? Or as margarita just mentioned, possibly is into other crimes such as arson? Does anyone know if anything ever came from this?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/04/11/3431951/horry-county-crews-respond-to.html

BBM

April 11, 2013

SOCASTEE — Police and bomb experts are expected to return to the scene of a boat explosion and fire on Friday to investigate what caused the incident Thursday at Hague Marina on the Intracoastal Waterway, where four other boats have burned in recent months.

Horry County police Sgt. Robert Kegler said Friday morning that depending on the weather, investiagators will return to determine the cause.

The blaze in the Socastee was reported about 1:15 p.m. Thursday and involved one boat that was in dry storage and on fire, said Leslie Yancey, Horry County Fire Rescue spokeswoman. No injuries were reported and no other boats damaged.

Emergency crews reported the boat had exploded, so the Horry County bomb squad and agents with the State Law Enforcement Division’s bomb squad were called, Kegler said Thursday. Some SLED agents arrived via helicopter and car Thursday afternoon.

Rosemary Helmick, who lives on Watergate Drive at the corner of Hague Drive, said she was in her backyard and heard the explosion.

“It sounded like a train hit, just ‘whump,’” Helmick said. She couldn’t tell what the explosion was, just that it wasn’t too far away and behind her home at the marina.

Hague Marina is located at 3605 Hague Drive in the Socastee community near S.C. 707 and U.S. 17 Bypass.

The marina was evacuated when the boat exploded. Police blocked the scene at the intersection of Hague Drive and Watergate Drive while awaiting the bomb squad’s arrival, because authorities weren’t sure if a second explosion could occur.

The bomb squad deemed the scene safe by 5 p.m. Thursday, but the marina remained closed as an active crime scene, Kegler said.

With thunderstorms forecasted to roll in Thursday evening, Kegler said the scene would be held by Horry County police overnight.

Together with SLED, Horry County police would begin processing the crime scene on Friday after the weather clears up, Kegler said Friday.

He explained officers can’t stop processing a scene once they’ve started, so the expected weather would hinder the investigation.

Crews responded twice to Hague Marina in the last five months for similar incidents, according to police.

Kegler said that about three weeks ago there was a small explosion where a boat fire was battled. In December, three boats in dry storage were destroyed by a fire that appeared to have been started intentionally as a way to get rid of old, abandoned boats, police said.

Kegler said there was no information Thursday to connect the three incidents, but he said that would be part of the police investigation. Additionally, the other two boat fires remain under investigation.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/04/11/3431951/horry-county-crews-respond-to.html#storylink=cpy

What part of the area is your development? River Oaks? Socastee? Myrtle? Just curious if it's near the landing or HE's condo.

Sorry if it's already been answered, but my internet connection sucks and looking through all the pages again takes for.ev.er.... Did we find out if these remains were found on Tidewater DR (which is in north myrtle) or Tidewater RD (which is off Waccamaw Blvd near River Oaks)

TIA!

To all local MB members on this thread...thank you for joining here. It's very appreciated.
One word of caution please...a lot of you are vaguely stating your own locations....please don't do that.
You don't know who's really reading these threads. And there are some evil(s) likely in your area.

Stay safe.

Well, I'm not very savvy about cell phones, either; but, I do think they communicate back and forth with the towers regularly. If you really want to be sure they are off, the best thing to do is take the battery out of them.

The 3 am call was to her roommate who was out of town at the time. Someone commented that she is back and was allowed to enter the condo; so law enforcement must have cleared it.

They can't give a description of the clothing she was wearing, so that seems to me like maybe they found the clothes she had on for her date.

All that would indicate is that she changed before going back out--nothing to suggest when. :(

It was rumored briefly that another call came in around the same time as she was talking to her roommate--or it could have possibly been a text--nothing was confirmed.

That could have been her reason for going out.

It seems there is nothing after 3 am--until that hour she was fairly active on the internet.

But whether she went back out or turned in for the night remains a mystery.

I'm very concerned for Heather.

Re my bold... But what if a perp was waiting for her in her apartment, hidden, waiting for the right moment to snatch her? Maybe she was already changed by the time she exited her place. Or maybe she fell asleep after speaking with her roommate and a perp entered her place, held a knife or gun to her so she'd walk out without causing a commotion?

In Jennifer Kesse's case, it became known that the master keys to the condos weren't only held by the complex manager. Construction was going on in the condos, so maintenance needed a way in & out of the homes, etc. Plus I sort of remember a set of keys going missing or something...anybody remember that? Maybe I'm confusing it with another case, idk. Anyway, I wonder about the master keys for where Heather was living. Who holds them? Who is the owner of the complex? What kind of security is there?

I read thru some of her Twitter feed and Tumblr page & noticed she tweeted something about the personality of a "cancer" (meaning the zodiac sign). According to astrology... the moon is the ruling planet for those born under the sign of cancer & many horoscopes start out with "moon child... you may be feeling...." I only know this because I'm a cancer too :) so I just assume that's where she came up with the twitter name.

Thanks. I just think its ironic she disappeared on a night with a full moon that's very bright in a clear sky - while at the same time she uses the monicker MOONCHILD on her social media. Isn't it ironic?

I keep referencing back to her Tumblr. My gosh she seems confused, depressed.

Note to self: Delete all photos, bookmarks, notes saved in computers, iPad & cell that pertain to Websleuths cases I follow. Heaven forbid I go missing or die someday and somebody comes across all these crazy cases I follow. I can't even imagine what they'd think! :biggrin:

In Jennifer Kesse's case, it became known that the master keys to the condos weren't only held by the complex manager. Construction was going on in the condos, so maintenance needed a way in & out of the homes, etc. Plus I sort of remember a set of keys going missing or something...anybody remember that? Maybe I'm confusing it with another case, idk. Anyway, I wonder about the master keys for where Heather was living. Who holds them? Who is the owner of the complex? What kind of security is there?

I doubt there are master keys because they are individually owned condo units. Any interior repairs would be the responsibility of the homeowner or renter.

Thanks. I just think its ironic she disappeared on a night with a full moon that's very bright in a clear sky - while at the same time she uses the monicker MOONCHILD on her social media. Isn't it ironic?

I agree! I always seem to find really ironic circumstances regarding tragedies for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member