Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread for court session today. Please continue posting here.

:judge:

I must say as I said yesterday, the DT and JA are not fooling this jury. IMO they are looking worse by the bashing of Travis and the lies.
Ladies and Gentleman we have ourselves a smart jury :happydance:

Well, I think the DT will wrap up today, unless Jodi takes the stand. Any opinions on whether she will take the stand or not? I hope she does so Juan can cross her but then again I don't want days and days of direct.

I may stand alone but I think the state would be better off should she decide to not testify again and instead allocate(?). If that were to happen, wouldn't she go last which would put her in the position of not being able to explain away anything the State puts up next? if anything, the jury would see her desperately trying to come up with excuses and lies to cover herself against what the State says/does next.

Of course, being able to cross her would also be beneficial to the State. I think the defense is in a deep pit right now and has to pick between two bad choices, three if you count in her opting to just remain silent.

So I'm early for once??? Okay then, marking my spot and maybe I'll go get some chores done and come back. Today should be good. Maybe excitement was the reason for my insomnia.:coffeews::findinglink::computer::popcorn:

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago

I will be heading down for more #JodiArias this morning.

Thanks for the minimal BTS yesterday while I was gone. -hWild

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Who's number 1?? I am. #jodiarias

-----Only the ORIGINAL WAT !

So, will Jodi retake the stand? I vote Yes
She has nothing else to do. She sits in her cell and fantasizes about convincing this jury or one juror with her Einstein like brain and verbose style and oh so awesome vocabulary that Travis abused her and deserved what he got. In fact, Jodi no doubt saved several seven year old boys and dozens of twelve year old girls from being abused by him as well.
She dreams at night of sparring again with The Prosecutor. How dare he expose her like he did?
Allocution won't satisfy her nearly as much

Well, I think the DT will wrap up today, unless Jodi takes the stand. Any opinions on whether she will take the stand or not? I hope she does so Juan can cross her but then again I don't want days and days of direct.

I was on the fence about that:fencefall::fence:, but since she put on her black testilying blazer yesterday, I think it's a sign.

I'm here in my seat...
Also trying to keep an eye on
the melinda muniz trial starting this morning.

Not to go off topic ...

But I saw this photo on the www.azcentral.com Home Page, and just had to post it here :

:loveyou: This pup is so cute ! Hope it cheers everyone up :happydance:

635578934831192341-phxdc5-6iygsmazopys8jtv93l-original.jpg

All it takes is another William Zervakos who said in interviews that Jodi Arias was a perfectly normal 27 yo woman living a perfectly normal life until she met Travis Alexander and her life spiraled downhill. I hope her July 28 letter shows this jury that, even if JA is mentally ill, she poses too much of a danger to other inmates to be allowed to live among them.

AZL...if you pop in today...

Are these options for JA on the stand accurate?

1. She can take the stand again to testify. If she does so, her secret testimony also becomes subject to cross examination.

2. She can decline to testify on the stand again. JSS has the option of either striking her secret testimony or allowing it in as allocution.

3. If the secret testimony is allowed in as allocution, JM will not be able to cross on it.

4. If allowed in as allocution, JA can choose whether or not to continue allocuting on the stand without cross by JM.

5. If she continues with allocution, she can say whatever she wants for as long as she wants? What happens if she goes flat out for residual doubt? As in denies she premeditated the murder?

I have no clue as to what will happen next. My choice? The Defense Rests!

They can't stop putting their case in a worse light than yesterday. Having heard parts of Jodi's letter, I don't know if they will believe anything she says or has said anyway.

I'm in the minority on this but I don't think she will testify again. I hope for sanity's sake that the Defense rests today.

In my mind there were many questions that clearly favored the Prosecution, including several of the DV questions. There are two or three questions that could go either way but one thing that struck me about a few of the questions is that there was an information seeking quality to them. Which left me wondering if, 2 of the questions in particular, were asked because this juror wanted to "learn" more about DV for reasons other than how it relates to JA--perhaps as it relates to someone they know personally. Just a thought.

Where on the timeline did JA end her secret testimony? Sometime before her lie of becoming "official" with TA in early Feb. 2007?

All it takes is another William Zervakos who said in interviews that Jodi Arias was a perfectly normal 27 yo woman living a perfectly normal life until she met Travis Alexander and her life spiraled downhill. I hope her July 28 letter shows this jury that, even if JA is mentally ill, she poses too much of a danger to other inmates to be allowed to live among them.

ICAM, it is my opinion that this man was never going to change his mind about how he viewed JA and knew during the trial he was not going to vote for Death. I fervently pray that there is not one juror who makes the cut that even remotely holds the same views as that juror

I'm in the minority on this but I don't think she will testify again. I hope for sanity's sake that the Defense rests today.

I've switched my vote to won't testify. Allocution seems more her style. Not a PowerPoint presentation this time. A look the jury in the eye presentation, uninterrupted by the DT or JM, in the belief that she and she alone can best explain that she was a victim.

That she loved Travis and he loved her. That he was not to blame for being TDogg, abusive and a pedophile because he had been victimized as a child himself. That she will spend the rest of her life regretting not getting help for herself or for him. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48