Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussion of CB as the suspect in Madeleine's case.

The thread is NOT for rehashing anything to do with the McCanns.

Members who persist in bringing up the suggestion or possibility of the McCanns being responsible for their daughter's disappearance will have posts removed and may face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is about Christian Bueckner as the suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

Dogs and the McCanns are off topic in this discussion.

Also, stop the snark and bickering in this thread.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

A few bickering posts containing insults and off topic issues have been removed.

Discuss the case, not other members or issues that do not relate directly to the case.

Any more bickering or insults (and responses to them) and any/all parties involved will be issued a 1 week minimum Time Out from the board.

Post accordingly. Thank you.

I'm on HCW's side here. MWT, to be polite, is as fickle and unreliable as an Irish summer. I don't get why HCW gives him time of day?

There isn't any. It all stems from the idea that an abduction took place.

The current suspect, because of his history, is likely driving the current paedophile narrative but that's all it is, a narrative. It's not based on anything of substance that we know of.
I think it goes back further than that. Weren't there efforts at one time to implicate a now dead British paedophile

I'm on HCW's side here. MWT, to be polite, is as fickle and unreliable as an Irish summer. I don't get why HCW gives him time of day?

There isn't any. It all stems from the idea that an abduction took place.

The current suspect, because of his history, is likely driving the current paedophile narrative but that's all it is, a narrative. It's not based on anything of substance that we know of.
It isn't possible to sanitise or condone what CB is. He is a paedophile and paedophiles harm children. He was a resident in Luz at the time of MM's holiday there. If truth is told about his burglary skills, handyman skills and work related to swimming pools his familiarity with the area of the MW Ocean Club must be recognised.
I don't think anyone who could quite easily pass as an employee going about his business would be noticed.

For example the laundryman saw a witness in the stairwell of apartment block 5 on May three, but nobody reported seeing the laundryman or his works van.

Snip
At the time of the disappearance, Mário was working as a laundry man in Praia da Luz, Lagos, where the McCann couple and their children were on holiday in 2007. On the eve of MM’s disappearance, the Algarvian claims that he saw a strange man wearing dark glasses, hidden in a stair well outside the McCann’s rented apartment.

Mário told “The Mirror” that whilst he was collected linen from the apartments “we almost bumped into each other. He seemed embarrassed and nervous”, the Portuguese man told the newspaper, adding: “I had never seen him before. I know all the people staying at the resort and this was not one of them”.

As regards the actions of the authorities and of the investigators, Mário says that he felt “uncomfortable” with the PJ investigation. In his first statement to the PJ, which was made public, no reference is made to the suspect whom he allegedly spotted and which is described by the British paper. However, a few months later, Mário passed this information to the PJ, having spent “hours with a detective looking at photos and videos”. However, they did not manage to identify anyone.

I appreciate that, what I mean is that paedophelia as a motive has always originated from the idea of an abduction.

When a child goes missing the very first individuals to be checked out are those with records of offences against children.

This procedure was carried out in Luz.

CB slipped the net and was not investigated.

When a child goes missing the very first individuals to be checked out are those with records of offences against children.

This procedure was carried out in Luz.

CB slipped the net and was not investigated.
Later, PJ knocked on his door, he was not there and they went away. It seemed they didn't bother to go back there afterwards or even smell his trace.

Later, PJ knocked on his door, he was not there and they went away. It seemed they didn't bother to go back there afterwards or even smell his trace.
Has it ever been stated which door police knocked on?
Would they even have known his current address after leaving prison ?

That's what happens in cases when the investigators are overwhelmed by information flying at them from all directions. "You're two weeks behind on Day 1" is how one detective in a similar case in a different country described it.

"No media" the Portuguese investigators said. And as we know they were ignored.

Which door? So far as we know, he was living in a van.
Police likely wouldn't have known that so would have gone to his last known address.
As there were reputed to be some 300 sex offenders in the area, police must have found themselves pretty stretched at that time.

Snip
In one of the letters, alongside admitting he worked as a drug dealer, CB wrote:

"I was never caught by the police because I followed a few key principles.

"Where possible, only driving during the day so that my battered 'hippy bus' didn't attract attention, only driving on the roads I needed to and, most importantly, never provoking the police.

"So that means not committing any crimes, certainly not abducting anyone."

CB was expert in evading police when on his drug dealing trips. He even bragged about how successful he was at it.

One imagines that exactly the same methods could be used to transport contraband other than drugs.

A petite three year old child would probably take up no more room than a payload of drugs did.

CB did indicate he had the perfect hiding place in one of his vehicles for drugs or children. What kind of man is it who mentions hiding places for drugs and for children in the same breath?

Snip
DF, 67, checked out the VW in 2007 while visiting his daughter Nicole in Portugal.

He previously said CB – the prime suspect of MM’s murder – had said he could hide drugs or ‘even a small child’ in an adapted hiding place.

DF initially brushed off his concerns but is now haunted by the possibility that the British toddler could have been hidden right under his nose.

Last edited:
Vans have doors. Certainly the ones owned by CB did and they also had built in hiding spaces for contraband.

Yes, vans also have doors.
But when they do not even return at the ones of the houses...report issued as no one opened the door and then no one tried to look for CB again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500