Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #40

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Christian Brueckner as the suspect in Madeleine's case.

The thread is NOT for rehashing anything to do with the McCanns.

Members who persist in bringing up the suggestion or possibility of the McCanns being responsible for their daughter's disappearance will have posts removed and may face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is about Christian Bueckner as the suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

Dogs and the McCanns are off topic in this discussion.

Also, stop the snark and bickering in this thread.

Thank you.

Reactions: OEJ
ADMIN NOTE:

A few bickering posts containing insults and off topic issues have been removed.

Discuss the case, not other members or issues that do not relate directly to the case.

Any more bickering or insults (and responses to them) and any/all parties involved will be issued a 1 week minimum Time Out from the board.

Post accordingly. Thank you.

My money is that the PJ did apologise to GM as it would have to of been said as it totally conflicts their current standing, and I don’t believe the team that spoke to him said didn’t reference the past. However I don’t believe what the PJ have allegedly said is in writing , reason being it could form the possibility of a payout at a later date.One of biggest mistakes the PJ dropped was their failure to locate the 6ft blonde naked German with wonky teeth committing a sex act in broad daylight in April 2007.

My money is that the PJ did apologise to GM as it would have to of been said as it totally conflicts their current standing, and I don’t believe the team that spoke to him said didn’t reference the past. However I don’t believe what the PJ have allegedly said is in writing , reason being it could form the possibility of a payout at a later date.
He possibly had lawyers there when he met them and actually thats another reason I dont think I believe it because the Pj would be laying themselves open to being sued.

He possibly had lawyers there when he met them and actually thats another reason I dont think I believe it because the Pj would be laying themselves open to being sued.
It‘s possible but if it’s not documented it could be different. I just can’t see the PJ not referencing the past and it is totally the opposite of what was originally believed by the original investigative team in 2007.It was honourable move by the PJ and I have a new found respect for that.

<modsnip>
Honestly, I had to fast-forward through much of that Panorama doc. It was so painfully ponderous and delivered so little.

I've asked this before and I'm asking it again: why is HCW continuing to participate in docs about a current ongoing case he's lead prosecutor for? It seems wildly unprofessional to me that he continues to engage in this way, not least because (a) he offers so little and (b) these docs are not even style over substance. All I felt having 'watched' it was annoyance at my time wasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've asked this before and I'm asking it again: why is HCW continuing to participate in docs about a current ongoing case he's the lead prosecutor for? It seems wildly unprofessional to me.
IMO to appeal to viewers who may have encountered CB in 2007 or anything else from 1995- 2017. I think the PJ have been fairly busy as well , hopefully not all evidence was binned from previously unsolved crimes in the Algarve .

Honestly, I had to fast-forward through much of that Panorama doc. It was so painfully ponderous and delivered so little.

I've asked this before and I'm asking it again: why is HCW continuing to participate in docs about a current ongoing case he's lead prosecutor for? It seems wildly unprofessional to me that he continues to engage in this way, not least because (a) he offers so little and (b) these docs are not even style over substance. All I felt having 'watched' it was annoyance at my time wasted.
It would be understandable once it has gone to court, even for their £13 million OG never divulged

IMO to appeal to viewers who may have encountered CB in 2007 or anything else from 1995- 2017. I think the PJ have been fairly busy as well , hopefully not all evidence was binned from previously unsolved crimes in the Algarve .
I would imagine that PJ are fully occupied dealing with current crime and have little time to trawl through cold cases that might implicate CB.

I would imagine that PJ are fully occupied dealing with current crime and have little time to trawl through cold cases that might implicate CB.
Only a case of opening evidence boxes , not exactly hod carrying. I fully expect them to be looking into CB activities as it may help in the direction of evidence they are helping with/looking for.I am referring particularly to crimes of a sexual nature and/or home invasion.

But he could do that through the official BKA channels. Popping up on every Tom, Dick and Harry click-baiting documentary - as he has done for the past three years - only to say 'we know CB abducted and killed MM but we can't say anything more' is so counter-productive. I'd also add that the appetite for MM docs here now in 2023 is not the draw that the doc makers might think it is. Fatigue at the state of play over the past three years has set in, very much courtesy of HCW's failure to deliver, and reinforced the idea that this investigation is going nowhere useful.

JMO.

Last edited:
Only a case of opening evidence boxes , not exactly hod carrying. I fully expect them to be looking into CB activities as it may help in the direction of evidence they are helping with/looking for.I am referring particularly to crimes of a sexual nature and/or home invasion.
I honestly don't think Portugal is that interested or committed and are happy to leave the work and the cost to the Germans

I'm not a fan of MWT but the above, combined with the PJ's own denial of an apology, rings true. It also rings true imo with regards the reality of the relationship between the PJ and the BKA, that it's not a close or collaborative one, just one that circumstances have forced a professional relationship with, with the BKA calling all the shots.

I find the BBC and the UK press that so quickly picked up this 'apology' narrative really unsettling. Who is it supposed to be benefiting? Who is it aimed at? What message is it trying to deliver? The fact it's a false one should really give disconcerting pause for thought.

Last edited:
I know what you are saying but imo the answers to some questions the BKA may have is with any foreign tourists who were in the Algarve in May 2007 that may be able to assist who have come across CB in that time period.Personally I would have liked to have seen a follow up to the Netflix documentary aired in 2019 done straight after the June 2020 appeal as it reaches a wide European audience. Fortunately the general appeal got HB and JE to come forward, although the upcoming Netflix show is overdue , it may as it did in the case of MT help with enquiries.
The 60mins Australia docs have been well produced as were the Sextas@9 and Spiegel clips were informative and that combined information is only known by certain members on WS or pieced together by JC and it deserves a wider audience imo.

I honestly don't think Portugal is that interested or committed and are happy to leave the work and the cost to the Germans

They have a team working and liaising with the BKA , in terms of the size of the investigative teams I expect them both to adapt to their current workloads . HCW has said previously if members of the team are not needed they are assigned to other jobs , nobody will be sitting around waiting for the phone to ring .

But he could do that through the official BKA channels. Popping up on every Tom, Dick and Harry click-baiting documentary - as he has done for the past three years - only to say 'we know CB abducted and killed MM but we can't say anything more' is so counter-productive. I'd also add that the appetite for MM docs here now in 2023 is not the draw that the doc makers might think it is. Fatigue at the state of play over the past three years has set in, very much courtesy of HCW's failure to deliver, and reinforced the idea that this investigation is going nowhere useful.

JMO.
The BBC doesn’t tend to schedule programmes in the prime viewing slot that it thinks will only be of limited interest, in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back