Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #3

In above link to tide datum I would consider the Geelong datum to be the closest to area. High tide is left column.

In above link to tide datum I would consider the Geelong datum to be the closest to area. High tide is left column.

Geelong is around some corners . . . I would have thought Lorne.

BBM: A high tide is very different from a king tide. A high tide is a normal closer-washing tide, a king tide is a ferocious, over-spraying, angry tide created by a big storm with massive winds blowing at the same time as high tide.

I have experienced several king tides when I lived close to the beach. They are very scary, and not something a runner would train in. There is generally no beach even visible during a king tide. Just crashing waves right up to the land's edge.

I am aware of the difference, having been a surfer in my youth and the partner of a fisherman in my adult years.

It was not an especially high high tide on Sunday 1 October. The high point was 1.33m at 8am. Compare this to the high point on 11 October, 1.72m, or expected for 8 & 9 November, 1.78m.

I think we need meticulously or richieswan to analyse the tide, swell and currents at the time.

btw I’m not convinced that Elisa’s death was accidental, intentional or homicide. All are in play at this point in time. The Coroner will ‘find’ COD at inquest if he/she feels one is warranted.

Here is a link to met bureau tide datum for relative period. It appears that if Elisa did go in for a swim the timing was as high tide was going out. All the beaches in area are also subject to powerful rips therefore it is possible she had got herself caught up in a rip on a lowering high tide. The worst possible scenario imo

http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/projects/ntc/vic_tide_tables.shtml

Elisa may not have been swimming, WWW&H. It’s also possible she could have fallen or experienced a medical episode on the shoreline, become unconscious and washed out to sea.

I am aware of the difference, having been a surfer in my youth and the partner of a fisherman in my adult years.

Ahh ... but others may not be aware, hey? By the way that the reference was written. :wink:

I think we need meticulously or richieswan to analyse the tide, swell and currents at the time.

I think that is what is so difficult here. At which time? There are about 10 full days to consider. And about 10 or so hours in which Elisa may have gone missing.

Ahh ... but others may not be aware, hey? By the way that the reference was written. :wink:

It depends on interpretation. One person’s ‘king tide’ is another’s high tide. He was running through what I’d call high tide.

think that is what is so difficult here. At which time? There are about 10 full days to consider. And about 10 or so hours in which Elisa may have gone missing.

Exactly. In the words of General Rumsfeld:

‘Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. t is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

And so people who have the omniscience that they can say with high certainty that something has not happened [...] they can [...] free associate. They can do the things I can't do.’

http://archive.defense.gov/Transcripts/Transcript.aspx?TranscriptID=2636

Why didnt Elisa go to the Grand final with her husband & children when was left celebrating at home with friends and neigbours, why wasn't she invited or involved unless she was preparing for another running event and had to have an early start for training. It would've been an amazing family outing.
This is a missing link to me.
Was it the 'every other weekend' that Elisa was to have the children?
I could be wrong but my feelings are there was a separation.
Theres been suggestions we should not sleuth these things but, in my opion it's relevent.

O/T. I still can't log into WS on my Ipad or Iphone, I've tried everything, any suggestions barr going to the genius bar @ Apple.

It depends on interpretation. One person’s ‘king tide’ is another’s high tide. He was running through what I’d call high tide.

Yes, I definitely would call that a high tide. I don't think the race would have continued if it truly was a king tide, in that area.

Yes, I definitely would call that a high tide. I don't think the race would have continued if it truly was a king tide, in that area.

Yes, I doubt the race organiser’s would have wanted to expose themselves to a class action for negligence/wrongful death(s).

trying to keep up here, but eye trouble not helping. Apologies if this has already been covered.

It appears to me that the autopsy was done and no msm has reported on those findings. So we don't know if a cause of death was determined and if other information was forthcoming from that. This part of the investigation must be complete otherwise the remains would not have been released to the family for the funeral. So maybe police are following up on that information and working with the Inquest people. I can't imagine there won't be an inquest given the question marks around this case.

My bet is that police have gained some insight from the autopsy and are following up. Suicide has not been mentioned for awhile and I never have believed that anyway. If an accident, an inquest might make recommendations regarding safety. And then there is human intervention...

Why stay at home and watch the grand final on television when you could be there watching the game LIVE with your children & husband?
What would be the reason?
I know what I'd prefer....unless....
Any ideas?

Why stay at home and watch the grand final on television when you could be there watching the game LIVE with your children & husband?
Any ideas?

I’d prefer not to watch the footy at all unless someone I know is playing. I know — unAustralian.

Exactly. In the words of General Rumsfeld:

‘Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. t is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

And so people who have the omniscience that they can say with high certainty that something has not happened [...] they can [...] free associate. They can do the things I can't do.’

http://archive.defense.gov/Transcripts/Transcript.aspx?TranscriptID=2636

forgive me for coming across as omniscient... but .. much to his well known fury, Mr Rumsfeld, Donald to his pals, never made General. It would have been difficult for him to do, as he was never in any armed forces, merely the Secretary for Defence.. not a very good one either, .....

Any ideas?

I don't know, but I personally would be a bit apprehensive about having my young girls go to a boozy, packed footy game. If they needed to go to the loo, and I could not accompany them. Something as 'small' as that would put me off allowing them to go without me.

I’d prefer not to watch the footy at all unless someone I know is playing. I know — unAustralian.

Agree! I'm of the opinion if every player was given a ball each they wouldn't fight over the one.

She was upbeat over the game, she was interested enough to watch it on television alone albeit with a blue haired neighbour and some friends.
Be there, cheer with your children, hugs all round.

I'm just intrigued what the reason was.

forgive me for coming across as omniscient... but .. much to his well known fury, Mr Rumsfeld, Donald to his pals, never made General. It would have been difficult for him to do, as he was never in any armed forces, merely the Secretary for Defence.. not a very good one either, .....

I call him the ‘General’ for the reason you describe. Guess I wasn’t omniscient enough to include the necessary punctuation marks to denote sarcasm. Oops! My bad.

I don't know, but I personally would be a bit apprehensive about having my young girls go to a boozy, packed footy game. If they needed to go to the loo, and I could not accompany them. Something as 'small' as that would put me off allowing them to go without me.

Yup SA.
My hinky says something is amiss.

If I wasn't invited or wasn't welcome that would break my heart.

Yup SA.
My hinky says something is amiss.

If I wasn't invited or wasn't welcome that would break my heart.

I'm always interested in what makes your stuff go amiss, TGY... ... it wouldn't be money that stopped her going. .. it wouldn't be a health issue, as she appeared to be perfectly fine at the neighbors shindig... it wouldn't be not having a ticket, he was of that level than could appropriate 5 tickets for his family , no worries... it wouldn't be lack of interest.......

It may have been a greater love for Aireys...... an even greater love for the companionship of the neighbors, rather than the old man and the kids... any or all of these things, perhaps........ ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back