GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also test drove a Tesla. Because he's so entitled and so deserving of a luxury car. Shanann is the one who qualified him for the car allowance through Thrive.

I'm not sure how he could have come out ahead on insurance fraud with the Lexus, though. I'm also not sure he would have continued to receive the income she had generated through Thrive, either.
He was googling Audi Q7 prices on August 9th. A top of the line model retails around $69K which is about the same as his Anadarko annual gross salary.

I think it's very possible that he thought Shanann's thrive income would continue on autopilot and he could woo NK in high style once he did away with his responsibilities.

IIRC Shanann's parents were the beneficiaries of her thrive income. Not sure if that is still the case.

Oh, it sounded like you were blaming Shan'ann for what you say is his anger at her. And, by extension, blaming her for the murders because he was angry at her.

When did CW text to NK during SW's funeral that he was overseas? I'm confused about who you say texted during SW's funeral that he was overseas, and what pics you're referring to.

I remember Scott Peterson telling Amber Frey he was overseas during Laci's vigil. This is new to me about Chris.

No I never would I personally blame SW for any of this. This was a classic case of HIM ABUSING her. Abusers BLAME their victims, in his mind he probably was justifying his own behavior of why he killed her....blaming her.... "Why did YOU do this...." Very, very, common among abusers no matter what their mental health evaluation comes up with: an abuser is an abuser. In that truck, in that moment, he's probably talking to himself as well...

She did NOTHING wrong.

As far as that text (which included a picture to NK and him claiming to be somewhere other than being at SW either funeral or memorial service) I'd have to find that unless another member knows where to find it … could take me a few days to look over everything I've read and watched.

BBM

Are you absolutely sure that you are talking about the same crime as the rest of us? Scott Peterson was the one who took the picture and sent it to his mistress and pretended to be somewhere besides Laci's candlelight service. That did not happen in this case. By the time SW had HER funeral, Chris Watts was already in jail and he most definitely was NOT texting NK, nor was he at her funeral since he was locked up behind bars.

I feel like some of your statements are confusing THIS case with another one. Maybe it sounds like it shouldn't matter but, in the future, if someone who hasn't followed this case from the beginning comes along and finds this thread, they're going to read these things and have their facts confused. Facts are VERY important when it comes to murder cases. And the facts are: CW was not at SW's funeral or memorial service, nor did he send a picture to NK during said service, pretending to be somewhere else. By the time SW's funeral came around, NK had already been investigated and questioned.

already addressed this...thank you and yes I was.....
Are you absolutely sure that you are talking about the same crime as the rest of us? Scott Peterson was the one who took the picture and sent it to his mistress and pretended to be somewhere besides Laci's candlelight service. That did not happen in this case. By the time SW had HER funeral, Chris Watts was already in jail and he most definitely was NOT texting NK, nor was he at her funeral since he was locked up behind bars.

I shortened the quote. IMO CW is still lying because he doesn't want anyone (especially his family and MK) to know that this was all premeditated. He still wants people to think this was a "rage killing"

I agree and within a short time there are very few people who will even think of Chris Watts.

How the remaining few, his family members, view him matters to him so he lies to make that memory less gruesome.

They are vested in thinking he has some redeeming value so they buy into the lie.

It works for them and soon, with a little luck, we'll get past this case until we read that Chris got the devil beat out of him.

We'll say, "Remember when he occupied our thoughts for months?" and be glad we moved on (and some will be glad he was beaten).

The Cycle of Life.

Last edited:
So it was mentioned on here that in a podcast somewhere Shannon's plane was not delayed but that she and others stayed until the next flight. Is this true??

Have you seen a W-2 for Shan'ann's earnings? Until I see what she actually earned, I don't believe that most MLM employees make much at all. Shan'ann tried her hand at several MLM's before Thrive.

They filed for bankruptcy in 2015. I believe this is after they were in the house. In the bankruptcy, they included their medical bills and very high amounts of several credit cards.

Even after being able to clean their slate, they got into debt again. Why? It wasn't from one month of dating his girlfriend.

I'm just saying that finances are the number one conflict in most relationships. It was also a conflict in this relationship so much so that I believe that was one of the reasons that Chris chose to murder his entire family.

He didn't want the debt nor did he want the responsibility because he wanted to move on and to be free. Sort of "Out with the old and in with the new."

Welcome. I agree with the assessment on the financial difficulties. That being said, CW is a psychopath. You don't kill your wife and daughters over financial problems. You get a divorce.

CW fantasized about his family being gone, with all of the hassles, and daily grind. He wanted his new relationship. It is a good thing that CW isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, because he didn't think anything through.

Like shannans dad said the affair changed him. All the positive feelings of love that he felt for his wife and family turned to resentment and anger and he became very hardened, cold and calculating. The family he once adored had no value to him and because he didn't value them he was able to get rid of them. I think with every murder, why couldn't the murderer think of how killing someone would affect others and not want to bring so much pain on them but the simple answer is killers don't have empathy
What it boiled down to he got rid of them for convenience and financial gain for himself

I would disagree with Shanann's dad about one thing.

I think the DECISION to have an affair changes people and things do downhill from there.

Chris had a months-long flirtation with the other woman and each time he made time to see/talk with her his commitment to his marriage/family was dying.

Such a shame he deluded himself into thinking he could and should wipe out the current family for the excitement of a new one.

I guess that's the definition of crazy.

Last edited:
I don't think CW has any self-identity. He merely takes on the shape of the vessel he's in, i.e. the current relationship he has.
SBM. Absolutely nwmouse.
Here I am broadly characterizing what he said in his latest confession:
The kids and SW weren't around for a month so he wasn't constantly reminded of them. If they had taken a shorter trip he might not have murdered them. (paraphrased).

Since SW was gone for a month, and since he was able to basically ignore her texts, he was forced to hook up with NK to fill the void in his persona. He wasn't even that interested in sex, he just did it because she wanted to all the time.

He just shifted into a relationship where he became what she wanted him to be. He had never camped in his ENTIRE life, but now he liked it. etc etc. She was already into his finances, criticizing spending habits of his wife, etc. Choosing an apartment for him. Watching which CC he used. Planning to teach his girls how to paint flower pots. Reinforcing the plan to have his kids with him for 7-8 days at a time due to his upcoming new work schedule. (Did anyone happen to tell SW that he was planning to take the kids every other week?)

I could go on, as I mentioned a couple of days ago now he's in prison with no one to emulate or please, so suddenly the bible is his role model for the first time in thirty some years. Just as his Mom was. Anything to please, even if it's just an inanimate object residing in his cell.

Absolutely there is no one home there, he's whatever he thinks the other person in the room thinks he should be. And that's downright scary that grown people can just be completely empty and capable of murder as a result.

Please no offense to people who take the bible seriously and follow the precepts.

Last edited:
Have you seen a W-2 for Shan'ann's earnings? Until I see what she actually earned, I don't believe that most MLM employees make much at all. Shan'ann tried her hand at several MLM's before Thrive.

They filed for bankruptcy in 2015. I believe this is after they were in the house. In the bankruptcy, they included their medical bills and very high amounts of several credit cards.

Even after being able to clean their slate, they got into debt again. Why? It wasn't from one month of dating his girlfriend.

I'm just saying that finances are the number one conflict in most relationships. It was also a conflict in this relationship so much so that I believe that was one of the reasons that Chris chose to murder his entire family.

He didn't want the debt nor did he want the responsibility because he wanted to move on and to be free. Sort of "Out with the old and in with the new."
She made as much as he did.

Chris said his mother still thinks he is being railroaded?
I'm assuming that was before she heard his latest confession. After all, she did say she wanted to here from him what really happened, and would accept it if he admitted it.
Has anyone heard of any statements from them or anything about how they are feeling now? Or is there basically complete silence?

According to the purple girls podcast with close family friends of the Watts, once they became aware of the interview (but not its contents) they convinced CW to tell them by phone before they were blindsided by the media.

Apparently they are in shock. Either Cindy or Jamie (they only said “she”) texted one of them once they found out and said “it’s so bad”.

Can we link to Radar? There was a Radar Online interview with a family friend (possibly the same one, I don’t know) who said it was like going back to Day 1 for them, they’re reliving it all over again.

What this means for their future attitude, I don’t know

I don't find them fascinating. I find them boring and dull, even when they are being what's considered charming. They don't have human minds, as if they are part of a general population. They have the consciousness of parasites who are merely seeking survival. I encountered them in my former work, and I unfortunately lived a case study of one in my family that was punctuated by the worst tragedy. I don't give a flying rip about their 'innerworkings'.

I came to believe years ago that they can only be identified and sorted and managed, "Managed" simply means educating about what they do, including the manipulative and insidious ways they enter relationships and gain control. The sociopath next door is often more dangerous than the hunting psychopath on the streets ( ex. killer of Morgan and Hannah), because they are entering the lives and stories of others in such obscured and masked ways.

There is, in my observation, almost a romanticized cultural narrative about the 'specialness' of what we're calling a 'psychopath'. We always hear about how much can be 'learned', but the truth seems to be so far, given the absence of any revelations no matter how many of them are 'studied', that they are all basically doing the same things on a continuum and through social portals.

Watts and people like him are the ones that care about the spotlight, so giving it to them via fascinated attentiveness is the provision of fuel. JMO
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular when I said the human mind, but I do agree that there is probably no-one who is fascinated by Chris Watts.
Regardless, there are still many people who are interested in the psychological aspect of a crime, it is one of the reasons people follow crimes. Some are more interested in the legal aspect, and some, like investigators, seek to get inside the mind of a criminal, and others want to see justice for the victims and their families.
I like to learn about all aspects, as I'm sure many do.
There are many who are interested in understanding what leads someone to do something as horrific as this, there are countless posts trying to figure out the "why" in every case I've followed.
But I have yet to see anyone view any of these killers as fascinating and certainly not romantic!
There are far more people that condemn him for what he did than anything else. Imo

Last edited:
So it was mentioned on here that in a podcast somewhere Shannon's plane was not delayed but that she and others stayed until the next flight. Is this true??
That's from the exMRS k podcast/FB as is the demand to see SW's W-2's. Like they are going to demand that her parents show her home business finances, even though she's in the grave alongside her children. All murdered and their bodies so gruesomely desecrated that the grandparents couldn't even say goodbye to the bodies.

Last edited:
A person who has been humbled by guilt and is truly repentant would be doing anything but boasting about his intelligence. I still haven't been able to watch the entire interview. How did Chris word the info about his IQ?
I'm sorry, I don't remember his exact words. I'd have to re-listen to the audio but I don't have time to do that right now. I think it's in Part I.
MOO

According to the purple girls podcast with close family friends of the Watts, once they became aware of the interview (but not its contents) they convinced CW to tell them by phone before they were blindsided by the media.

Apparently they are in shock. Either Cindy or Jamie (they only said “she”) texted one of them once they found out and said “it’s so bad”.

Can we link to Radar? There was a Radar Online interview with a family friend (possibly the same one, I don’t know) who said it was like going back to Day 1 for them, they’re reliving it all over again.

What this means for their future attitude, I don’t know
Thanks, I've been curious about that. I think Radar is allowed. Imo

No not true. Investigators told CW in the interview her flight was indeed delayed. I don’t know why they’re saying this. There were FB posts at the time about the delay, NUA said it was delayed, there’s never been anything to suggest it wasn’t delayed. It’s so easy to check too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa