Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my initial thoughts about the PC was that perhaps BG has “taunted” them. There was something reminiscent of both Jessica’s and the Beltway Sniper cases. Especially as regards to this “Shack Business”.

Last edited:
Hi,
This is my first ever post but have been in the background.
I don’t know why but after re-watching the press conference I have a sick feeling in my stomach about Supt Carter.
He wipes his brow, touches his nose and seems more agitated and nervous to me than anything.
Is it possible we have another “GSK” like officer in the force.
Geez I really hope not but something doesn’t sit well with his “mannerisms” either.
The “take my last breath” is almost an apology to the family before sh@$ hits the fan and it makes sense that the family were angry and for there to be no media for 2 weeks.

MOO and I hope and pray I am wrong and the killer is revealed soon.

I have so much respect for Superintendent Carter he has seen the crime scene with his own eyes and is haunted and deeply upset by what has happened to the girls. He has desperately tried for over two years every single day to find their killer and he probably thinks about the case day and night. He would not be human if this case had not affected him emotionally. Remember he has to speak to the girls families and explain why they haven’t caught the killer yet and probably feels like they have let them down. I don’t blame him for being angry and upset at BG for the hurt and devastation he has caused everyone involved. It is not right and outrageous to imply there is something sinister about him I am sure he is a kind, hardworking decent family man.

I now understand why the families were upset and angry.
On Monday, LE introduces a new sketch. Downgrades the old sketch to “secondary”. Implies they are of the same guy but specifically points to the new sketch as the killer. No ifs, no ands, no buts. Later, the sketch artist tells us the new sketch is actually old...done on 2/17/17 from a witness reporting something they thought needed reporting.
On Wednesday, LE tells us to forget that old sketch, the one we have all seared in our brains for almost two years. The new sketch is of BG who is the killer. It looks more like the killer on the bridge(how do they know, how can they tell?) It was derived from new information(from 2017?).
Insane. This is not good.
Wave goodbye to the credibility train as it heads down the track leaving Delphi.
Adding one word, and a 3 sec vid helps very little, the change in sketch is what that presser was all about. I understand how the parents could be angered. Who changes all the bill boards now. People gave money together the old pic up. All disheartening

I have so much respect for Superintendent Carter he has seen the crime scene with his own eyes and is haunted and deeply upset by what has happened to the girls. He has desperately tried for over two years every single day to find their killer and he probably thinks about the case day and night. He would not be human if this case had not affected him emotionally. Remember he has to speak to the girls families and explain why they haven’t caught the killer yet and probably feels like they have let them down. I don’t blame him for being angry and upset at BG for the hurt and devastation he has caused everyone involved. It is not right and outrageous to imply there is something sinister about him I am sure he is a kind, hardworking decent family man.
Yes and possibly just had to deal with angry parents minutes before. Tough job

but they're not of two different people

sketch 1 was made by an FBI artist from looking at the video
the video is BG
sketch 2 is the one they want us to consider so therefore it is BG
the video and sketch 2 are BG

A witness was also reportedly involved in creating the first sketch.

July 17, 2017
DELPHI, Ind. (AP) — A sketch authorities released Monday of a man considered the main suspect in the February killings of two northern Indiana girls was drawn in part from descriptions provided by someone who saw the suspect around the time the girls were slain, a sheriff said.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police...

.....Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed...”
Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths

ok you're a cop right?
in your opinion, have they completely messed this investigation up?
or do you have faith they know what they're doing?
I’m not a cop.

There’s absolutely no way of knowing.

When you’re dealing with a crime that was probably perpetrated by a stranger, and might not have a great deal of physical evidence, it’s notoriously difficult to solve.

They are relying on witnesses, people whose memories and accounts are fallible.

They formed a task force early on, one that brought in the expertise of state and federal agencies.

Something apparently led them down the wrong track, and they are now trying to rectify that.

They have the right people on this, and appear to have changed their focus.

It’s not a good look, but that doesn’t mean they were in any way incompetent.

When we have all the facts, all the details, we will be able to scrutinize their handling of this.

We’re flying blind right now.

Let’s see what happens.

Well I’ll tell ya what, this is encouraging then as far as sketch validity. Because actually Falling Down, I’ve been meaning to commend you for posting about the building.

I’m going to go ahead and bring all your posts about this forward because I think they are VERY important.

—-

@book-thinker said:

“I checked the distance from Monon high bridge to the local grain elevator. It’s 2.4
miles, 45 minutes walking distance, 15 minutes by bicycle; interesting detail from entrance of Monon high bridge trail
a person could easily cross the w300m
road and you come to train tracks that run directly into this property
Apr 10, 2019

@Falling Down replied:

“FWIW, I drove by there to the place where the girls were dropped off, in August of '17. From Andersons (a driveway from C.R. 300 into the complex), to there was about 2 minutes or so, at 35 MPH (minus the slow down at the curve). Walking I'd say it's about 12 minutes or so. For reference I use the abandoned county building which is between C.R. 300 and IN-25, it's right by the Andersons complex.

A witness said the morning of Feb. 13th, 2017, she saw a white pick up parked at the abandoned building, when she went to lunch in Delphi. Approximately 11:30 AM. I'd imagine a walk from there, to the NW end of the bridge, would take around 20 minutes. It's a short walk from the abandoned building, to the Freedom Bridge where the High Bridge trail starts.

I don't have a link handy for the eyewitness' statement.

Interesting, Street View shows the abandoned building had been razed by August of 2018:

Google Maps
Apr 11, 2019

This whole conversation is worthy of a reread imo—Grain Elevator, etc, the conversation begins around here:
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Thanks for the compliment.

-FD

<snip>
I have a hunch investigators have data that an individuals alibi was fabricated. My theory is his/her deceit was detected when their phone pinged at the cell tower near the trail/crime scene. Perhaps that is why investigators want witnesses as to the car being at the parking lot between noon and 5/5:30 pm that day.

My theory/opinion only.

Hi Misty Waters the quote I was referring to is

Just posting up this link...LE say they are looking for the driver of the car (the new sketch), not for witnesses to the car being parked.

Me too. LE even said something like “Everyone will be shocked to know who you really are and aren’t an upstanding guy” or something... Along with The Shack movie reference, I’m tempted to think they’re targeting someone who is well-known in the community and an active member of a church.

I agree. Then try to make whoever did this feel as uncomfortable as possible and make him sweat with all these religious references. Let him know we’re on to him to compel him to flinch or make a misstep. Although I think it’s less about him having a conscience/fear of God and more about him having a fear of getting caught, in knowing they’re hot on his trail.

Adding one word, and a 3 sec vid helps very little, the change in sketch is what that presser was all about. I understand how the parents could be angered. Who changes all the bill boards now. People gave money together the old pic up. All disheartening

Can someone help me find where the information is that the family was angry?
Thank you.

I just saw that LE made that clarification today. This information should have been disclosed the day of the presser. Not good.

It might be that LE only made that decision today. They may have received tips that caused the to change their minds about what they said on Monday. I think they had received over a thousand tips by yesterday. Things can change quickly.

Last thread:

If someone can please help me.How far is the County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier ... Services/Department of Child Services/Welfare building in Delphi.building from this house and where Libby and Abby were found? Does someone have a map of how far apart they are? Police search property where Delphi teens found

Google Maps

PommyMommy, Today at 2:44 AMReport
#1287Unlike
-.-
AbbyLibbyGoogle2019TireTracks.jpg

I remember fresh tire tracks across the field near the cemetery (yellow line) and they would well make sense - maybe, IF a driver let another person out of a car and dashed off to the abandoned CPS building for "alibi-parking" there (noon until 5 pm).
We didn't hear of 2 suspects, but IMO the second painting resembles the first painting of the suspect except hair color/chin/age. What, IF there were 2 suspects and they are relatives like father/son or uncle/nephew or brother/(half) brother?

Last edited by a moderator:
@gregrichards
Apologies for my post and I agree with everything you have said but I just had an awful feeling when I rewatched it.
I, like everyone here only want the person responsible found.
It was just an observation and offending anyone was not my intention.

Is it known how BG got away from the site where the bodies were disposed? It seems he had to walk back somewhere to get to the car or straight home.

No, LE have not released any of that sort of information to the public. That’s probably what Carter was referring to when he said to the suspect “you want to know what we know..”

It might be that LE only made that decision today. They may have received tips that caused the to change their minds about what they said on Monday. I think they had received over a thousand tips by yesterday. Things can change quickly.
Yeah. They may have decided to be more firm on the discounting of that initial sketch.

Judging by social media, there are plenty of people still hung up on that initial sketch.

Making it “secondary,” probably wasn’t bold enough.

Not true.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths. "It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," he said. "That’s based upon an actual, real situation."

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect
I wonder who the witness was.

Sorry if I am way late to this, but I am so frustrated and confused. When I first heard the update, I assumed the sketch was recent and that they probably knew who the BG was, but didn't have enough evidence without corroboration from witnesses... now I'm reading that the sketch is from right after the murder?? For me, that throws the whole "they know who it is" thing out the window. I can't imagine what the families must be feeling right now.
I agree now, I thought this was about to be over. I thought there were subtle religious hints to communicate with the perp. Now I don’t believe that is correct. I think the movie reference was just a shaken superintendent drawing on his own faith, and the message of the movie. I am really afraid this is really the “beginning” as they said in the presser

Last thread:

If someone can please help me.How far is the County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier ... Services/Department of Child Services/Welfare building in Delphi.building from this house and where Libby and Abby were found? Does someone have a map of how far apart they are? Police search property where Delphi teens found

Google Maps

PommyMommy, Today at 2:44 AMReport
#1287Unlike
-.-
View attachment 181027

I remember tire tracks across the field near the cemetery and they would make a lot of sense now.

Although I don’t have a link at the moment, in one media report I read it was a 5 minute walk to the Monon Trail. It’s just a bit north according to the google map, not by the cemetery.

ETA: But this is the link showing the parking area and address plotted on google map.
Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

Last edited:
Easy for us to say now, But I'm not sure what information they had in front of them at that particular time. Hindsight is 20/20.

Personally I think something has happened recently to completely change the investigation and who they are looking for or at, what that is I have no idea....MOO

I agree with you ab! I also think we have forgotten that a good 1000 tips came in after that presser and it only takes one to change the whole direction of any investigation.
MOO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member